Forum Jump: 
post #361 of 367 Old 08-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sid View Post
After having this TV for just over a year, it kicked the bucket on me last night. But even before that, it had been nothing but trouble. I won't be buying anything from LG again.

Pros:
Great image, as far as you're able to calibrate it.
Great passive 3D.
Fairly decent built-in apps.

Cons:
Takes a long time to boot up, during which you can't even change the input on the TV.
Won't switch to an input that it doesn't find a signal on, so you always have to turn on your Xbox, PS3, satellite receiver, etc. before you can switch to the input. This makes using a universal remote like my Logitech Harmony difficult. So dumb.
Sometimes it says it's on a particular input when it isn't. This can only be corrected by changing the input to something else and changing it back.
Mandatory firmware update killed the only use I had for the built-in Google TV: Flash video playback.
Brightness fluctuations between light and dark scenes in TV and movies even with all dynamic lighting, eco, and local dimming features turned off.

But as I said, last night it finally died. I was playing an Xbox 360 game with my son when suddenly the screen froze, and a grey "wind" swept from the right side of the screen to the left until the entire image was grey. Now that's all I get when I turn it on. LG says they won't send a technician to my house because I don't live in a large metropolitan area. Even though I paid $1600 for this thing just 14 months ago, I'm almost relieved that I have an excuse to replace it.
Damn! That's crazy! Sorry to hear your troubles. LG keeps sending me letters to buy their 3 year service plan. I've almost had my tv for a year, maybe I should buy it now that I know you're having issues with it. But from when you wrote it sounds like you were having issues for a while? I haven't had any with mine and my family and I watch it every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 367 Old 09-10-2014, 11:10 PM

Liked: 10
does anyone know if i can buy a regular lg remote and use it? i need to reconnect my tv to wifi and lost the og remote.
post #363 of 367 Old 12-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pateli04 View Post
Well I got a good deal from buydig.

I miss my plasma but the one I wanted was 1700. I got this tv for 1k.

I like that I can go to playstore and download apps but in addition I have a Roku (which is what I use most times).
I guess I really don't use the smart tv functionality so it doesnt bother me much.

Anyway....any help would be great on the antenna question because I can't find a way around it.
I don't want to waste money on a amplifier if its still not going to work.
I had the same problem, fixed it by going to Home, All Apps, Settings, Video Input, Configure video input. From the list of source that provides, select "broadcast" - whatever your zip code is (assuming you set that up). It will scan all the channels. After you do that, "Built in tuner" shows up in the inputs, above HDMI-1.

Hope this helps, I was about to give up until I was exploring options on the TV just now and it worked.

Great TV for what I use it for, which is not much (u-verse and OTA)
post #364 of 367 Old 12-04-2014, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You can download the newest Play Store app using this APK link:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...re-5-1-11-apk/

Also using Aptoide you can update a lot of your apps that the factory Play Store is no longer supporting for our Google TV. Additionally you can search a library of apps that are not normally available for our TVs, many work just fine though not all will be comaptible:
http://m.aptoide.com/installer?lang=EN
post #365 of 367 Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't have HULU Plus so was hoping the regular HULU app was available for this set. The app I recently downloaded on my Android phone is standard HULU and not the subscription based HULU Plus.

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #366 of 367 Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
I don't have HULU Plus so was hoping the regular HULU app was available for this set. The app I recently downloaded on my Android phone is standard HULU and not the subscription based HULU Plus.
Under Settings make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked. Then download this APK on your TV:

Aptoide will allow you to download the version of Hulu from your phone/tablet onto your TV as well as any other app that isnt available on the regular TV app store. It should be noted that not all apps will work but many will work just fine.
post #367 of 367 Unread Today, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercennarius View Post
Under Settings make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked. Then download this APK on your TV:

Aptoide will allow you to download the version of Hulu from your phone/tablet onto your TV as well as any other app that isnt available on the regular TV app store. It should be noted that not all apps will work but many will work just fine.
Thanks, downloaded aptoide and then loaded Disney Movie Anywhere and Hulu (non Hulu Plus) app. DMA did not work and refers users to view the movies on Google Play Movies. Tried Hulu but it still wants to log you in as a HULU Plus member.

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 55ga6400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 55ga6400 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page