Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 362 Old 08-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sid View Post
After having this TV for just over a year, it kicked the bucket on me last night. But even before that, it had been nothing but trouble. I won't be buying anything from LG again.

Pros:
Great image, as far as you're able to calibrate it.
Great passive 3D.
Fairly decent built-in apps.

Cons:
Takes a long time to boot up, during which you can't even change the input on the TV.
Won't switch to an input that it doesn't find a signal on, so you always have to turn on your Xbox, PS3, satellite receiver, etc. before you can switch to the input. This makes using a universal remote like my Logitech Harmony difficult. So dumb.
Sometimes it says it's on a particular input when it isn't. This can only be corrected by changing the input to something else and changing it back.
Mandatory firmware update killed the only use I had for the built-in Google TV: Flash video playback.
Brightness fluctuations between light and dark scenes in TV and movies even with all dynamic lighting, eco, and local dimming features turned off.

But as I said, last night it finally died. I was playing an Xbox 360 game with my son when suddenly the screen froze, and a grey "wind" swept from the right side of the screen to the left until the entire image was grey. Now that's all I get when I turn it on. LG says they won't send a technician to my house because I don't live in a large metropolitan area. Even though I paid $1600 for this thing just 14 months ago, I'm almost relieved that I have an excuse to replace it.
Damn! That's crazy! Sorry to hear your troubles. LG keeps sending me letters to buy their 3 year service plan. I've almost had my tv for a year, maybe I should buy it now that I know you're having issues with it. But from when you wrote it sounds like you were having issues for a while? I haven't had any with mine and my family and I watch it every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 362 Old 09-10-2014, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone know if i can buy a regular lg remote and use it? i need to reconnect my tv to wifi and lost the og remote.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 55ga6400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page