LG 47LM7600 force USA Firmware - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have been googling all over for an answer, and this forum has the more knowledgeable members. I bought an LG 47LM7600-DA in Colombia. It is also manufactured in Mexico, so I guess it should have the same hardware as a USA version 47LM7600. In Colombia, firmware is only at version 04.20.60, can I update to a US firmware which is at version 5? I tried downloading the firmware from the US LG website and following the USB procedure, but the update window never shows up. I want the new US firmware because, as I read here, it now allows the magic remote to control a cable box. Also, I bet the US version has more features enabled in the Premium section.

So, is there a safe way to upload version 5 of the US firmware to a latin-american market TV?

Thanks in advance,
Juan Castro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 03:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Unless Columbia uses the sane TV broadcast standards as the US then the hardware tuners in the TVs are probably different which means they will not run the same firmware.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-06-2013, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know about Columbia, but in Colombia we use the same NTSC standard as in the USA. smile.gif

I have no idea on what digital TV tuner my set has, as Colombia hasn't still decided on a standard, as there are currently no OTA digital broadcasts here. I will no longer try to update to the USA firmware, as it seems too risky.

I read on this forum something about a service menu which allows you to enable an "engineer mode", that supposedly allows newer firmwares to be downloaded. If I find version 5 of the firmware ready to be downloaded, will it download a USA-spec firmware or the latin american version?

In the meantime, is there any hack to enable the magic motion remote to control a cable box?

Thanks for your reply!

Regards;
Juan Castro.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 05:03 PM

Yes, Peel smart remote for android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version