Element ELDHT241 LCD Splash screen and then turns off - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just found a used Element 24 inch LCD and the logo splash screen shows up when its turned on and then the tv shuts itself off. I couldnt find anyone with the same issues on here. When I opened it up there is a main board with the inputs and then another board for the power supply. Both boards are not too expensive to order so I was wondering which one has the biggest chance of being my fix on the first shot. I would like to order one and then if it doesn't work return it for the other one. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Might be and usually is the power supply board for that symptom if it has a faulty capacitor or another fault it will shut down I just repaired a 3 yr Dynex same company Hisense makes Element and Dynex /Insignia sets the electrolytics usually are the ones .3 bad caps on the power board cost me $4.00

Here is a video from a repair shop sometimes you can shot gun it and if see some bulged caps solder some new ones in just make sure the polarity is correct if put some new ones in the stripe side is negative on a cap make sure the new ones go in the same way the old ones came out
. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8nj3CpiEKY

here is a picture of some majorly failed caps File source: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Al-Elko-bad-caps-Wiki-07-02-17.jpg

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #3 of 3 Old 03-31-2014, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi, infinity i have the exact issue with that same TV, i opend the tv and the power board its burn, any advice were can i get this part?, did you fix your tv after all?..

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page