Help Choosing 2013 LG Passive 3D TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to buy a new tv next week. My limit is $2000. I'm looking for either a 47 or 55 inch version. I want a 2013 LG passive 3d tv. I will be watching movies, lots of sports, Netflix, Hulu, and gaming. I need some input on which model to get. I will also be playing mkv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2013, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Right there at the top of your price range is the 55LA8600. It's going to be the best you can get from LG 2013 models for around $2000. A short simple summary of last years models is that you are likely to see light bleeding into the dark areas around the edges of the screen no matter what model you get, but the higher the model the less likely it is to be noticeable. Last years LM8600 was very highly reviewed and is a good looking tv, I just picked one up a couple weeks ago because retailers are blowing them out for new models. The difference between the 2013 LA8600 and 2012 LM8600 looks to be mostly the chassis is slightly smaller and even less noticable on the LA, the LA has a built in camera for skype and possibly motion controlled features. There are bound to be a little bit of a difference in the apps and app system, but the processor and panel are likely the exact same. The motion remote is redesigned for 2013 and you only get 4 sets of glasses on the LA.

55LA8600 is $2099 at Amazon
55LM8600 is $1199 at Fry's

Are the features I listed above worth the extra $900? That's basically the situation.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post

Looking to buy a new tv next week. My limit is $2000. I'm looking for either a 47 or 55 inch version. I want a 2013 LG passive 3d tv. I will be watching movies, lots of sports, Netflix, Hulu, and gaming. I need some input on which model to get. I will also be playing mkv.
Hi,
is there any particular reason you're interested on LG models alone? I ask because this year passive 3d is used by many more companies other than LG, all the panasonic 2013 LED 3d lineup have passive 3d. Also Sony (W802 and R550 models) as well as others TV brands (toshiba, philips). If you only just want a passive 3d set you could see some of them as well...

About LG 8600, last years (LM) model offered nothing more than faster smart tv platform. I hope this year there is changes at the picture department as well (from what i see from a LA790V review this may apply this year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by crkpot View Post

uct/7091741?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG]Fry's[/URL]

Are the features I listed above worth the extra $900? That's basically the situation.

Like every new tv model each year, the starting prices are too high for what they offer...
My opinion would be to wait for the new model too drop it's price down to normal (shouldn't take long before you see a big drop on its price)!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page