Problem: Sony Bravia XBR Picture Adjustments say PC. Should be HDMI. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I am here seeking advice since Google and everywhere else has failed me. I have a Sony Bravia XBR series LCD TV (XBR6 I think). My issue is that I can no longer configure the Picture Mode to anything but Video or Text with any of my HDMI ports except the one where my cable box is plugged into. The Picture Adjustment settings screen states that there is a PC instead of an HDMI device connected which is why I only get the Video and Text options.

However, this was not always the case. I first noticed it after I disconnected my Wii U from one HDMI port in order to use that HDMI cable for a laptop so that the laptop's output would be displayed on my TV. After I reconnected the Wii U, this problem started occurring. I know that it is not a setting in the Wii U itself because I can get the picture settings I want by connecting the Wii U using component cables instead, but when I switch back to HDMI I am stuck with Text and Video as my only options again. I have tried other HDMI ports and that does not fix the issue. I have tried resetting the settings in the Wii U and that does not fix the problem. So, I am pretty sure it has something to do with the TV assigning these HDMI ports to PC and I believe it happened when I connected the laptop.

Ideally, there would be a way to "reset" what the TV has assigned to these ports assuming that is the issue. If the TV identifies the device plugged in as an HDMI device again then I can set the Picture Mode back to Vivid or whatever I want.

Any suggestions about how to do this? If you need further information then please ask. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Write down all settings for each input and all general settings (the ones univesal to the tv) and then use the procedures in this doc to do a factory reset. Midway down page 56.

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KDL40XBR6.pdf
post #3 of 3 Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you. I will try this tonight.

In the mean time, if anyone else has additional suggestions then I would be grateful if they were posted. smile.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia 37 Inch Lcd Hdtv Kdl 37xbr6
Gear in this thread - 37xbr6 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page