Hitachi LE55W806 LED - CLOUDS! - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: How bad are these clouds compared to what you have experienced?
Those are really bad -- they should definitely replace your set 1 100.00%
Those are pretty bad -- you could replace your set, but the new one might be just as bad 0 0%
Those are about average -- you need to understand that LED/LCDs are like that 0 0%
Those are not bad at all -- what are you complaining about? 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-14-2013, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can't believe the conversation I just had with a service technician at Hitachi. My new 55" set has MAJOR white clouds (see pic below) and they are trying to tell me that is "normal for that set and screen". I have tried all the adjustments and even loosening the screws, but nothing works. If I am watching any kind of dark scene, I can't even see the parts of the picture due to these clouds. Tell me, fellow AVSF members, does this look "normal" or "average" to you? Please fill out my poll below based on your experiences with LED/LCD TVs...

PicOfScreen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Where did you buy it and why don't you just return it?
post #3 of 8 Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Sam's Club, and by the time I tried to return it after only 3 weeks, they had stopped carrying it. I thought for sure Hitachi would take care of it under warranty.
post #4 of 8 Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAllenSr View Post

Sam's Club, and by the time I tried to return it after only 3 weeks, they had stopped carrying it. I thought for sure Hitachi would take care of it under warranty.
So buy something else. Sam's club gives you 90 days to return. What did you pay for the TV? To be honest, I do not know much about Hitachi TV's. If it was a budget TV I would say it is more normal then if the TV carried a premium price. Does the TV offer any type of local dimming? Does it effect regular content when watching?
post #5 of 8 Old 05-16-2013, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

$900, and it is passed 90 days. So I guess I am stuck. confused.gif
post #6 of 8 Old 05-16-2013, 02:02 PM

Liked: 26
A 55" for roughly $900 this is to be expected and relatively normal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post #7 of 8 Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM

Liked: 10
On the contrary, that problem is not normal at all, no matter what the cost of the TV. You should have taken it back immediately. I have the same model from Sam's Club and it does not have the clouds. One of the pairs of glasses is non-functional, but I will get that fixed this weekend (or return the TV :-) What I expect for the lower price is what I got -- it isn't compatible with DirecTV and only has Netflix, VuDu and YouTube. That's OK, I have a 3D Blu-Ray that gives me all the streaming I want :-)

All in all, the TV was a great buy -- 55" 3D for under $800.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
TAllen, while your picture does look bad, I do know that cameras are sensitive to light and tend to make clouding and flash lighting look worse than it actually is. That being said I would like to encourage you to get a calibration disk, there is a free version here at AVS, and calibrate you set, turn down the backlighting. I’m not a Hitachi owner so imp not versed in its picture controls but you don’t want your TV to be in vivid mode this causes such issues to be exaggerated. I’ve noticed that these thing do tend to get better as the TV gets older.
If this still seems to be more than you can take I would first contact SAMs Club General Mgr and express your disappointment he has authority to override general policies. Then I would make the manufacturer aware of my dissatisfaction by trying to escalate beyond CSR to Regional Management.

BFS3DGuru What do you mean the set isn’t compatible with Direct TV?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page