Looking to buy first HD TV, need some pointers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 46 Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After doing a good deal of research, I stumbled upon this forum in my search to purchasing a TV. It seems the more time I spend collecting information, the less decisive I become. I have roughly around $1110 to spend, and while I could go over, I'd rather stay in the price range. I am beginning to feel I am at a loss in terms of what direction I should go (Plasma, LED/LCD, etc). I started looking at Plasmas, and even made a thread int the plasma forum, but in the past day, Ihave read countless amounts of user reviews complaining about burn in problems and image retention on the Panasonic S64 models. That has me worried about them.

Here is what I'll be using the TV for:

-Heavy on movies & sports, and a considerable amount of gaming. I like to play the occasional online game with friends, and will be picking up The Last of Us (PS3), as well as regularly playing FIFA. While I understand that most current models carry Smart options (3D, Wifi, Apps), those are completely unnecessary for what I'll be using the TV for. Any apps on the TV, would be available on my console (PS3). I also dislike the "soap opera effect" for movies. I understand and enjoy it when I watch sports, but for movies, it just doesn't work.

I've spent several hours on this forum today and really am unsure on where to go from here. 2 weeks ago I knew very little, and now I feel like the knowledge I've attained has me lost (response times, dynamic contrast ratios, HDMI ports, USB ports, TV's that buzz, poor navigation, etc...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 05-15-2013, 03:36 AM

Liked: 19
The best advice I can offer you is to get out of these forums and get out and see some panels in your price range, compare plamsa and LCD, short list a couple of panels and decide what size your budget will allow. Then come back and follow up in some of the owners threads . The worst place in the world to research panels is a forum, the best place is the store with your eyeballs.

post #3 of 46 Old 05-15-2013, 12:41 PM

Stores can be kind of misleading, at least when it comes to picture quality. Most, if not every time, the TV will be in "retail mode" which over saturates the picture and has it much brighter than it should. There is also the risk that not all the TVs will be using the same connection (though I am not sure if that is still really a risk or not now).

What I would recommend doing is deciding what you need out of a TV (i.e. how many HDMI ports) and use that to whittle down potential TVs. Also, what size are you looking to get? That can help as well as some brands are more expensive than other to get the size and features you want. Don't forget to think about where the TV will be going. You will probably need a TV that gets real bright if you are going to have it in a room with windows facing it.

As for the "soap opera" effect, that can usually be modified if not completely turned off. You would just need to find the correct setting as brands use different names for it.
post #4 of 46 Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

I want a TV that:

- Looks great when viewing movies/sports, as I'll be doing heavy does of both. Big time sports fan & movie buff.

- Play a decent amount of games, buy 5-8 games each year, dab into a little online gaming. Do not want to run into any input/lag problems

- As far as HDMI slots go, I'll be hooking up a cable box/PS3 to it right away, and will eventually purchase a set of speakers for it.

- Smart Options/3D while unnecessary, aren't deal breakers. Looking at TV's in the 50" range.

This is a little above what I want to pay, but it seems nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL55HX750-55-Inch-Internet/dp/B006U1VH64/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368657317&sr=8-2&keywords=Sony+KDL-55HX850
post #5 of 46 Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I just found this off amazon, looking at this TV

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN50EH5000-50-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B0078LSTRK/ref=sr_1_1?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1368658853&sr=1-1
Quote:

Many of these TVs don't have a Samsung panel (the screen/the part that has/makes the image!)! I cannot believe this has not been mentioned. It makes a SUBSTANTIAL difference, because some panels they use should be in TV's that cost $100 less.
[...]

Can you imagine buying a car because you know its manufacturer uses great, reliable engines, only to find out that they use completely different engines without telling you, all of which are of lower quality? Samsung does this with their TVs, and some of them don't EVER have Samsung panels (e.g., the 37" model will NEVER have a Samsung panel because they don't make 37" panels). Samsung uses 4 different panel types from four different manufacturers - each with a substantially different technology.

You can tell which panel YOUR TV has by the "Version" on the sticker outside of the box. There's also a sticker on the back of the TV; the "Version" code is below the Model number and above the S/N. BTW, reviews can't be interpreted without the four-digit Version code because they are quite simply different TV's. Here's how to interpret them:
("x" means a number, probably from 1-4, that represents the version of that panel - higher means newer but not always better).

TH0x or TS0x: Samsung S-PVA panel (possibly just a PVA, if you're less lucky): This is what you thought you were buying. Best color, best black, best viewing angles.
HS0x: Sharp ASV panel: Lower contrast ratio, more narrow viewing angle. I read HS02 in particular has terrible ghosting.
A_0X: AOU A-MVA panel: Even lower contrast ratio.
CH0x or CM0x or CS0x: Chimea S-MVA panel: You lost the lottery. Markedly worse in every way - way worse viewing angle, color reproduction, etc. Just a terrible rip-off.

Mine, from Amazon, is an HS03, so a Sharp panel. I will be testing it tomorrow (DVD and watching football - no Blu-ray). There is a decent chance I return it, because it is not a Samsung. Also? Sony and Panasonic do much less "panel lottery" and are vowing to stop entirely. LG does not do a panel lottery. Samsung has absolutely no plans to stop, and they only use "standards" that won't reveal a difference between the different panels.

I will update after doing more testing. I just simply could not believe that this was not mentioned. Nothing like finding out you paid $500 (40" model) for a $400 TV when that extra $100 could have been used for sound, Blu-Ray, etc.

**Other reviewers, please, update your reviews to give your version code!**
post #6 of 46 Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
FYI, Samsung LED models UNxxESxxxx and UNxxEHxxxx are last year's models.

This year's new models are UNxxFxxxx. There seems to be a consensus that this year's models are somewhat better than last year's.

I always follow AVS threads to keep up with the technology in case my beautiful 5 year old set conks out. In the Samsung line, the UNxxF7100 is a feature-laden mid-priced model and has a happy owner base. There are two threads on AVS for this model... the one started by Pirate's Cove seems to be the more popular. Check it out.
post #7 of 46 Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the recs. I take it the (x's) are used for the size of the TV.

The UNxxEH model on amazon seems to be popular.
post #8 of 46 Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Here are some general tips on Samsung LEDs, because they are the ones I follow. Samsung denotes each year's models with a letter, with the 2008 models being A. Last year's 2012 models were denoted with an E. The first two xx's are the size and the last four are the series number. Samsung series are differentiated with the 4000-5000 models being 60Hz sets, and the 6000 models being the step up models to incorporate 120 Hz motion smoothing interpolation features. Higher numbered series, 7000-8000, offer micro dimming to improve picture quality.

If you move up and add 3D, however, 240Hz models are recommended. Samsung also offers another smooth motion feature, LED smooth motion, which strobes the backlight. Unfortunately their marketing department "combines" the motion features, obfuscating the simple 120 Hz and 240Hz numbers, coming up with higher multiples, called CMR of 480, 720, 960, and 1200. Fortunately, most stores retain the 60, 120, and 240Hz designations.

Last year, however, Samsung offered edge lit LED models (ES) and rear lit (EH) models. The ES was also a slimmer model and the EH was a thicker model. The EH models had a semi matte screen while the ES models had a the glossy screen. This year's "F" models seem to be consolidated back into one line.

The key features to consider, in order, are:
1. glossy or matte screen
2. 120Hz for motion smoothing interpolation, 240Hz for better quality 3D
3. internet capability to get to the internet and stream video

More and more, it seems, however, as you step up to get a better quality picture, the 3D wi-fi, and smart features are also included, each running approximately $100. That's why I mentioned the F7100 as a solid model. Get out to some stores and look for yourself. FYI, Samsung has the biggest market share, followed by LG and Sony.
post #9 of 46 Old 05-17-2013, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

An extremely helpful post. Thanks.

Yeah, I was at the store and saw a few Samsung's I liked, but none of them were from the newer lines (the BB near me seems to have a smaller selection. They didn't even have any Panasonic ST60's too look at). I really liked the Sony KDLw802a, but it was a bit pricy.

I'm leaning towards a glossy screen since the room it will be placed in doesn't have much of an issue with lighting, but have read Matte is the way to go if you ever plan on putting it in your living room, which I'm not sure of. As long as Matte doesn't hinder the picture quality, I'd probably get that.

3D doesn't matter much to me, but I've actually never used it. It would be nice to test it out.

Internet capability doesn't matter either, since I'll be using a console to stream netflix/hulu.

I'll look at the F7100.
post #10 of 46 Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Would the 6000-ish models be a bad buy?
post #11 of 46 Old 05-18-2013, 07:05 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

A quick note, since I have to run out this morning. I just did a search at Best Buy's website, for LED TVs, then used their Find the right TV search, with 55-59", LED flat panel, Samsung and 1080p criteria. The 55F6300 is on sale for $1199, near your price range, and is 120Hz. It has wi fi. But I can't tell from BB or from Samsung's own website whether the screen is matte or glossy ( called ultra clear panel). I personally prefer glossy because the picture knocks your socks off.

The next model up is 55F6400 has added 3D for $1399. But it's only 120Hz, and 240Hz is recommended for 3D, so I'd skip that one.

The next is the 55F7100, ultra clear panel, wi fi, and 3D, and 240Hz, but it's $1799. It also has micro dimming, a feature to improve picture quality.

Near the bottom they've added the 55FH6030, similar to the F6300 but it has only 2 HDMI inputs, no wi-fi, for $996. They fail to mention it has 3D (check Samsung.com). (edit 7PM)

These are MY criteria:

... this year's models, the F series, instead of last year's EH or ES models. Also, I prefer the glossy panel, and at least 120Hz (240Hz if 3D).

I don't know whether the 6000 models are matte or glossy panels. Check it out in the store. Also, check the viewing angle between the two screen types. I believe the matte panel has less of a viewing angle... when you sit off to the side, the picture degrades more. Try Sears if Best Buy doesn't have enough models.
post #12 of 46 Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 AM

Liked: 27
Also remember a good way to "hop" into the next tier of tv's is by finding a best buy to pricematch the cheapest online store you can find. There is nothing wrong with the EH series, just understand they are "backlit" so they are not the thinnest tv's out there.
post #13 of 46 Old 05-18-2013, 03:49 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Yes, Tony, adgrimes is right, Best Buy will price match some online sellers.

Also, I stopped into Best Buy this afternoon and verified that the F6300 and F6400 have semi-matte screens.

I also found out that there is a FH6030 backlit model. The BB website doesn't mention it, but it has 3D (check Samsung.com).

To me, the glossy screen provides a better picture, but it will pick up table lamps in the room, and reflections from nearby windows. I have a 5 year old Samsung LN52A860 (A850 but with blue TOC) with a glossy screen, and it has a knockout picture. We close the blinds on sunny days (anyway) and turn out rear lamps in the evening.

I recommended and set up a UN55EH6000 for a friend in February. He wanted the cheapest brand name 120Hz set without 3D or internet. They love the set and since it is only a few feet from an 8 foot doorwall on an adjacent wall, the matte screen works out great for them. I do notice a viewing angle drawback, however: as you move off to one side, the far side of the set is lighter in dark areas. But they sit on a couch and chair pretty much in front of the set and they've never mentioned it and neither have I.
post #14 of 46 Old 05-18-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Damn, some of you have doctorates in HDTV information. Reminds me of the Tekzilla channel I stumbled on yesterday on youtube.

Yeah, the only decision I think I have to make is deciding if the extra bells and whistles are worth it.

The 7100 seems great, albeit a bit on the overkill side in terms of what it can do. The Samsung's UNEH's are considerably cheaper, but since I'll be using this set for at least a few years, I can't see how saving a few hundred is that big of a deal, since it has only 2 HDMI ports, and probably lesser picture quality. The tough thing is you can't really put all these TV's together and see how exactly they separate themselves. I've mainly been browsing youtube tech channels for input today.

I just have to decide if the 6400 is that much better than the older models, or if I should just get the 7100, even though I use my PS3 for apps (Hulu Plus, Netflix). I'll probably go to Best Buy and see if I can test out 3-D since I've never experienced a home version of it. I regard picture quality as the most important aspect of getting a TV (sports, movies), I just wonder what exactly the drop offs are from each set. Gaming seems to be good on all these too.

I'm also going to probably get BB or Amazon to wall mount this. No idea how to do that, and not sure how much I'd save if I do it myself. I think BB charges 220 and Amazon 250.

A good deal of gaming will be done on this TV, but I'm not sure that matters with the models I am looking at, since they don't suffer from input lag.
post #15 of 46 Old 05-19-2013, 08:28 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Since you mentioned again that your main goal is good picture quality, I have to mention the Samsung UN55F8000, the top of their line with their "best" micro dimming feature. However, it runs around $2500, which is pretty steep. That's why I drew the line at the F7100.

Good luck. Keep us posted.
post #16 of 46 Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
I read this thread and still don't know what TV to get. I hate TV shopping nowadays, it's just a terrible process. Not one of them seems to be a clear cut, "yeah, definitely that one." What's the Galaxy S3 of LED TVs? That's the one I want.

500 gigs FTW.
post #17 of 46 Old 05-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I read this thread and still don't know what TV to get. I hate TV shopping nowadays, it's just a terrible process. Not one of them seems to be a clear cut, "yeah, definitely that one." What's the Galaxy S3 of LED TVs? That's the one I want.

That is kind of hard to say. I am guessing you are referring to the S3 as being the best phone? That is subjective just as it is with TVs. It really depends on what you want exactly from your TV. If you calibrate a TV (and I mean potentially go into the service menu if there is no white balance control) then a lot of brands will do just fine. If, on the other hand, you want your TV to be smart or 3D or some other thing, then things get more precise. Even then, it is kind of subjective since 3D is down to whether you want active or passive and smart TV really just depends on how you like the ui (unless there is a specific app you want/need). Now, would you prefer a matte or glossy screen? What is the lighting like in the room where the TV will reside?
post #18 of 46 Old 05-19-2013, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

There isn't really a clear cut winner. I mean I guess there is if money isn't an issue (the Panasonic VT's seem awfully great for plasma, and the top of the line Samsung's are incredible, but be prepared to drop 3k either way), but I am staying away from Plasma for fear of burn in and image retention.

What I did was sat down and made a list of what exactly I'd be using the television for (big on sports and movies, play games about 5-10 hours a week), went over what I want to spend (1100, with some wiggle room of about 500), and starting researching LED/LCD's. I just have to decide on if the 3-D and bump in image quality is worth the extra cash. I checked out 3-D on a different brand at 240hz and was impressed. I'm not sure how much I'd use 3-D, but its nice to know its pretty good.

I've narrowed it down between the Samsung UN46F7100 and the Samsung UN50F6400. There is another model I am considering, but these two are the ones I am leaning towards. Just have to decide if the extra 300 is worth it.
post #19 of 46 Old 05-19-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1381 View Post

There isn't really a clear cut winner. I mean I guess there is if money isn't an issue (the Panasonic VT's seem awfully great for plasma, and the top of the line Samsung's are incredible, but be prepared to drop 3k either way), but I am staying away from Plasma for fear of burn in and image retention.

What I did was sat down and made a list of what exactly I'd be using the television for (big on sports and movies, play games about 5-10 hours a week), went over what I want to spend (1100, with some wiggle room of about 500), and starting researching LED/LCD's. I just have to decide on if the 3-D and bump in image quality is worth the extra cash. I checked out 3-D on a different brand at 240hz and was impressed. I'm not sure how much I'd use 3-D, but its nice to know its pretty good.

I've narrowed it down between the Samsung UN46F7100 and the Samsung UN50F6400. There is another model I am considering, but these two are the ones I am leaning towards. Just have to decide if the extra 300 is worth it.

Both of those TVs are 3D TVs. Have you looked at both TVs? Personally, I would say go for the UN50F6400. I am not sure if you would really see much of a difference and I think that, for what you want to use the TV for, the larger screen would be better.
post #20 of 46 Old 05-19-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Quote:

Right above your post. That is where you dabber into the S3/S4 of LED TV's.
post #21 of 46 Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grjelectronics View Post

Both of those TVs are 3D TVs. Have you looked at both TVs? Personally, I would say go for the UN50F6400. I am not sure if you would really see much of a difference and I think that, for what you want to use the TV for, the larger screen would be better.

I've only looked at the top of the line Samsungs at Best Buy, and then they had some older 5000 models. I'd love to see them in person, but haven't been able to.

Yeah, you are sacrificing screen space, and its an extra 300 for the 7100 at 46". I just wish I could compare them side by side. I wonder if the picture is that much better, I mean I know the 3-D is better at 240.
post #22 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

I think I may pull the trigger on UN5556400.

The TV's I narrowed it down to including the above:

Sony BRAVIA KDL46NX810 - 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV - 1499
Samsung UN46F7100 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED - 1497 - Saw a version of this at BB, and was surprised at how thin it was.
Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX750 55-Inch 240Hz 1080p 3D LED Internet TV - 1497
Sony KDL-47W802A 47-Inch 120Hz 1080p LED HDTV - 1498 - saw a bigger model of this at BB this weekend, and was really impressed.

The problem is, the more time I spend looking, the options just keep growing. Ugh.

Picking between these is going to be tough (big time sports junkie, am ordering NFL Sunday ticket, movie buff, and like to play games on my PS3 (5-10 hours a week).

My cap is now $1500 for a new TV, I might as well splurge a little. More than I planned on spending, but it may be worth it.

Will probably spend some time in those respective threads for the TV's i listed, but if any of you TV experts have an opinion on these sets, that would be greatly appreciated.
post #23 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think I may pull the trigger on UN5556400.

The TV's I narrowed it down to including the above:

Sony BRAVIA KDL46NX810 - 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV - 1499
Samsung UN46F7100 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED - 1497 - Saw a version of this at BB, and was surprised at how thin it was.
Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX750 55-Inch 240Hz 1080p 3D LED Internet TV - 1497
Sony KDL-47W802A 47-Inch 120Hz 1080p LED HDTV - 1498 - saw a bigger model of this at BB this weekend, and was really impressed.

The problem is, the more time I spend looking, the options just keep growing. Ugh.

Picking between these is going to be tough (big time sports junkie, am ordering NFL Sunday ticket, movie buff, and like to play games on my PS3 (5-10 hours a week).

My cap is now $1500 for a new TV, I might as well splurge a little. More than I planned on spending, but it may be worth it.

Will probably spend some time in those respective threads for the TV's i listed, but if any of you TV experts have an opinion on these sets, that would be greatly appreciated.
If you want an LED and $1,500 is your budget, here are 3 LG options for you. 1 is a 2012 model and the other 2 are 2013 models. You can read the different reviews about them. The 8600 is the 2012 model. You could go with the Sammy F7100 but that would put you down to a 46" TV and not sure it is worth going that small with your other options out there.

If you want to go Plasma, Sam's and Costco has a Panasonic 64" S64 for under $1,500 that might also be a good option. I would have recommended the 60ST60 but the game lag is known to be pretty bad on that model.

Hope I didn't confuse you buy adding in some more choices. lol

http://www.amazon.com/LG-55LM8600-55-Inch-LED-LCD-Glasses/dp/B006ZH0MGY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369047858&sr=1-2&keywords=55lm8600

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BB9OOLK/ref=twister_B00BB9OOII?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55LA6900-55-Inch-LED-LCD/dp/B00BBAFWLK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369048387&sr=1-2&keywords=55la
post #24 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

I agree with eric3316, don't go down in size, stay at 55" for the viewing experience you want.
post #25 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

If you want an LED and $1,500 is your budget, here are 3 LG options for you. 1 is a 2012 model and the other 2 are 2013 models. You can read the different reviews about them. The 8600 is the 2012 model. You could go with the Sammy F7100 but that would put you down to a 46" TV and not sure it is worth going that small with your other options out there.

If you want to go Plasma, Sam's and Costco has a Panasonic 64" S64 for under $1,500 that might also be a good option. I would have recommended the 60ST60 but the game lag is known to be pretty bad on that model.

Hope I didn't confuse you buy adding in some more choices. lol

http://www.amazon.com/LG-55LM8600-55-Inch-LED-LCD-Glasses/dp/B006ZH0MGY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369047858&sr=1-2&keywords=55lm8600

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BB9OOLK/ref=twister_B00BB9OOII?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55LA6900-55-Inch-LED-LCD/dp/B00BBAFWLK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369048387&sr=1-2&keywords=55la

I never really seriously considered the LG models due to some bad write-ups.
post #26 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I never really seriously considered the LG models due to some bad write-ups.
You might get more bang for the buck with LG's at that price range at 55" or larger. For Samsung's I would go with at least the F7100 but like I said I would rather go 55" then 46" any day so that leaves you to the lower tier Samsungs at 55".
post #27 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

You might get more bang for the buck with LG's at that price range at 55" or larger. For Samsung's I would go with at least the F7100 but like I said I would rather go 55" then 46" any day so that leaves you to the lower tier Samsungs at 55".

Damn u with your suggestions!

LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz Dual Core LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses - that seems like a nice TV. So does the lg-47LA7400

Ugh. I was so close to deciding.
post #28 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Damn u with your suggestions!

LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz Dual Core LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses - that seems like a nice TV. So does the lg-47LA7400

Ugh. I was so close to deciding.

I don't know what you were thinking of getting before looking at those LG TVs but, of those two, I would say to go with the LM8600. I doubt there is enough of a difference between the two that make it worth it to go for the smaller size.
post #29 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

I had the Samsung UN5556400 in my cart, but I've been reading about the LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600 for the past hour.

Can't decide. The bells and whistles seem nice with the LG.
post #30 of 46 Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I had the Samsung UN5556400 in my cart, but I've been reading about the LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600 for the past hour.

Can't decide. The bells and whistles seem nice with the LG.
I don't want to be responsible for swaying your decision so I am not telling you what I would take but I will tell you I would take any of the 55" TV's over a 46-47" TV. You will regret going smaller unless you are sitting like 5ft from your TV.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Un55f7100 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page