Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 100 - AVS Forum
First ... 98  99  100 101  102  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread
quovadis123's Avatar quovadis123 03:22 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by laakness View Post

I'll give it a shot tonight and report back.

Im a gamer ...have two Titans in SLI...

What is SMB ??

Never heard of it...

LeeSoFl's Avatar LeeSoFl 03:23 PM 10-23-2013
X1 Download Speed - Did you know?

When you select a feature or preview to view, you're able (while it's downloading) to go to "settings" on the X1 and see the speed you're getting, sampled every five seconds.

I clocked anywhere between 14Mbps and 16Mbps.

It's not blazing fast, but it's a lot faster than our pals at 2wire.com want you to believe.

(edited to add: Whoever is picking the one-minute scenes for the preview of features, should be fired. For "Angels and Demons" they use the scene where Tom Hanks is being questioned by the French police. No action, no sweeping picturesque images. For "Godzilla" they have a scene at the pier shrouded in fog. For "Lawrence of Arabia" they pick the most uninspiring non-visual clip in the whole movie. Just dreadful.)
jasjw's Avatar jasjw 03:34 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

Im a gamer ...have two Titans in SLI...
What is SMB ??

Never heard of it...

Hi

It's called super bit mapping, it helps gradation and slightly improves picture quality. smile.gif
wase4711's Avatar wase4711 05:32 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post

X1 Download Speed - Did you know?

When you select a feature or preview to view, you're able (while it's downloading) to go to "settings" on the X1 and see the speed you're getting, sampled every five seconds.

I clocked anywhere between 14Mbps and 16Mbps.

It's not blazing fast, but it's a lot faster than our pals at 2wire.com want you to believe.

(edited to add: Whoever is picking the one-minute scenes for the preview of features, should be fired. For "Angels and Demons" they use the scene where Tom Hanks is being questioned by the French police. No action, no sweeping picturesque images. For "Godzilla" they have a scene at the pier shrouded in fog. For "Lawrence of Arabia" they pick the most uninspiring non-visual clip in the whole movie. Just dreadful.)

What is the "official" download speed that your ISP is charging you for?

Just curious as to what the throughputs are in different parts of the country...
AustinJerry's Avatar AustinJerry 05:58 PM 10-23-2013
I pay for a 15mbs download speed from Time Warner. My Media player indicates ~13.5mbs connection speed.
LeeSoFl's Avatar LeeSoFl 06:04 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post

What is the "official" download speed that your ISP is charging you for?

Just curious as to what the throughputs are in different parts of the country...

I have Comcast 50Mbps service. My wi-fi computers at "speedtest.comcast.net" show speed of 25Mbps. If I plug a computer into the router directly, it gets about 70Mbps.

So it's all over the place with speeds here.
MGTR420's Avatar MGTR420 06:07 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:

I have Comcast 50Mbps service. My wi-fi computers at www.speedtest.comcast.net show speed of 25Mbps. If I plug a computer into the router directly, it gets about 70Mbps.

I have comcast with blast and was only downloading around 25. Comcast came out and found out I had the wrong modem from them, they replaced it, now have much higher, around 50-60. Something to look in to, not sure you purchased your own modem, or what type of router you are currently using.
LeeSoFl's Avatar LeeSoFl 06:11 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGTR420 View Post

I have comcast with blast and was only downloading around 25. Comcast came out and found out I had the wrong modem from them, they replaced it, now have much higher, around 50-60. Something to look in to, not sure you purchased your own modem, or what type of router you are currently using.

Motorola SB 6121 modem and Netgear 600 router. TV and X1 are on 6' cable from router.
AustinJerry's Avatar AustinJerry 06:13 PM 10-23-2013
Austin is scheduled to receive Google fiber next year. That will be a slight improvement... wink.gif
MGTR420's Avatar MGTR420 06:20 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:

Motorola SB 6121 modem and Netgear 600 router. TV and X1 are on 6' cable from router.

Updating the router might improve download speeds for your computer, but who knows with comcast...
MGTR420's Avatar MGTR420 06:20 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Austin is scheduled to receive Google fiber next year. That will be a slight improvement... wink.gif

Slight...? rolleyes.gif
wase4711's Avatar wase4711 06:22 PM 10-23-2013
how do you display the DL speed when downloading a preview on the X1?

thanks
Dawgdaes's Avatar Dawgdaes 06:49 PM 10-23-2013
I'm a new owner of a 55X900A. My TV is connected to the internet via the LAN port. I don't have the media player. Is there any way I can download 4k content or eye candy. Is there any on YouTube?
AustinJerry's Avatar AustinJerry 07:26 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGTR420 View Post

Slight...? rolleyes.gif

Yea, 15gbs to 1,000gbs...
LeeSoFl's Avatar LeeSoFl 07:27 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:

how do you display the DL speed when downloading a preview on the X1?

thanks

Once the download begins, go to "My 4K Videos" then "settings" then "download speed." The download speed will switch to 0 when download is complete.

Checking speed does not stop preview or feature download, but you have to go back to the library and re-select it to watch.
quovadis123's Avatar quovadis123 09:56 PM 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgdaes View Post

I'm a new owner of a 55X900A. My TV is connected to the internet via the LAN port. I don't have the media player. Is there any way I can download 4k content or eye candy. Is there any on YouTube?

The only way you can see 4k content on the Sony is through your pc.

you have to connect an HDMI from your card to the sony.

The content you can get from you tube 

HOWEVER

Your timing is really bad because there is a program called 4k downloader which we use to download the content with, and a few days ago, you tube changed their algorithms, so 4k downloader no longer works at downloading 4k content. The developers of the software are trying to fix this.

If you pm me, I will give you an alternate program which requires username and password. It works really well.

Unfortunately there is no other way of watching 4k content on this tv. In the Samsung forum, they have figured out a way to crop a 4k video into 4 quadrants, and to paste this onto the samsung via USB. 

This does not work on the Sony.

Basically the sony has a good picture...nothing else.

bobnorth65's Avatar bobnorth65 06:55 AM 10-24-2013
Marilyn Monroe was beautiful and little else. Frank Sinatra could sing. Babe Ruth could hit. Apple Mac was different. The Model T contributed to less manure on the road. Picasso painted nice, and Van Gogh did a fine daisy. We are a little free with declarations I think.
wase4711's Avatar wase4711 07:53 AM 10-24-2013
if you think that the TV has a good picture and nothing else, you should get rid of it and just buy a basic 1080p tv...

not only is that completely untrue, you are giving a false representation of this fantastic television..

what did you expect when you bought it? That it would do your laundry and wash your car?

if you didn't do your "due diligence" before you spent 5k on a television, then please don't ruin if for every one else..
quovadis123's Avatar quovadis123 08:36 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

if you think that the TV has a good picture and nothing else, you should get rid of it and just buy a basic 1080p tv...

not only is that completely untrue, you are giving a false representation of this fantastic television..

what did you expect when you bought it? That it would do your laundry and wash your car?

if you didn't do your "due diligence" before you spent 5k on a television, then please don't ruin if for every one else..

Yes I did do my due diligence and bought it because of the PQ and Passive 3d.

It does nothing else, meaning that 4k content in hard to watch compared to the Samsung and especially the Panasonic, which both accept 4k content via USB.

flinchn's Avatar flinchn 08:41 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

It does nothing else, meaning that 4k content in hard to watch compared to the Samsung and especially the Panasonic, which both accept 4k content via USB.
You have to go through pretty awful measures for that though- ones the vast majority of people won't. Plus lets be honest right now when we are talking current content-Buy an X1 if you are in the US. It has a bit of the YouTube clips anyways.
quovadis123's Avatar quovadis123 08:51 AM 10-24-2013

well Im waiting for the nuvola player.

It should be out by black Friday.

Supposedly it streams 4k @ 24fps.

Will it work with the Sony Tv? No idea.

Dawgdaes's Avatar Dawgdaes 08:52 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

The only way you can see 4k content on the Sony is through your pc.
you have to connect an HDMI from your card to the sony.

The content you can get from you tube 

HOWEVER

Your timing is really bad because there is a program called 4k downloader which we use to download the content with, and a few days ago, you tube changed their algorithms, so 4k downloader no longer works at downloading 4k content. The developers of the software are trying to fix this.

If you pm me, I will give you an alternate program which requires username and password. It works really well.

Unfortunately there is no other way of watching 4k content on this tv. In the Samsung forum, they have figured out a way to crop a 4k video into 4 quadrants, and to paste this onto the samsung via USB. 
This does not work on the Sony.

Basically the sony has a good picture...nothing else.

So last night I viewed a Sony India thing on youtube via the app on the TV. Was that not in 4k? Was it 4K down to 1080p and then TV converted back to 4K via the engine?
AustinJerry's Avatar AustinJerry 08:54 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion. Now that you have expressed it, there is no need to repeat it over and over again. Many of us are enjoying this set, so no need to douse us with cold water.
wase4711's Avatar wase4711 09:03 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion. Now that you have expressed it, there is no need to repeat it over and over again. Many of us are enjoying this set, so no need to douse us with cold water.

+1;
if you wanted lots of immediate 4k content, then you should have bought the media player...
Podolski's Avatar Podolski 09:12 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

well Im waiting for the nuvola player.
It should be out by black Friday.

Supposedly it streams 4k @ 24fps.

Will it work with the Sony Tv? No idea.

I havethe same question as well and im wondering if the galaxy note 3 with the mhl 3.0 adapter will work on this sony 4k tv... using the note 3 as a 4k player...
laakness's Avatar laakness 09:32 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjw View Post

They don';t seem to be many gamers here that own the Sony X9.

Has anyone tried gaming in Graphics mode and with SBM turned OFF? What do you think? I think it feels a little smoother in regards to input lag than Game mode and SBM turned ON.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

I gave it a shot but the change wasn't a big enough of a difference for me to tell.
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 09:39 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

+1;
if you wanted lots of immediate 4k content, then you should have bought the media player...
Just how much content is on the player now ?
Quote:

I have Comcast 50Mbps service. My wi-fi computers at "speedtest.comcast.net" show speed of 25Mbps. If I plug a computer into the router directly, it gets about 70Mbps.

I am in the sticks, wish I got those numbers
Abbas's Avatar Abbas 09:47 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:

Every forum has a party pooper / negative person!
wase4711's Avatar wase4711 09:54 AM 10-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Just how much content is on the player now ?
I am in the sticks, wish I got those numbers

Well, I just counted up everything on the 4k server; there are 138 things on it...

10 free full length movies
46 pay to own or rent movies
33 episodes of Breaking Bad
48 free movie shorts
1 sports documentary

total of 138....hardly "nothing" to watch in 4k on the media server!!
flinchn's Avatar flinchn 09:59 AM 10-24-2013
Well my X1 seems to be hosed. Don't know when this started (rather recently)- but now I'm getting audio drop outs every 3 seconds or so when playing any content. This is using any HDMI cable, HDMI 1 to the TV and HDMI 2 to my receiver. Contacted Sony support - any one else having any issues?

(ironic in a way, for telling someone to buy the X1 a few posts back)
Tags: Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
First ... 98  99  100 101  102  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop