Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 12139 Old 07-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
 
vaxick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Technically it is only $499, for those that have purchased a 4K set from Sony. Who else would have a use for it? Has anyone confirmed yet that the PS4 will be able to access the movie download service? Also, doing some of the math, the price isn't that outrageous. 10 movies would run $300 at the rates they seem to be charging. Also, the FMP-X1 has a 2TB hard drive. Do we know yet what the PS4 will have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoon View Post

The reason I got the server.. however its a dud right now...is its 2TB HD. Yes.. the PS4 does support 4k video...however due to the file size in games, movies, etc.. you may need a 2TB or larger. PS4 is only 500GB of HD space.

As for the 4K server advantage - 2 HDMI outs. For those of us (like me) have a non 4k pass through audio receiver - its a plus! (1 dedicated to video to TV, another for audio to receiver).

Since I am still waiting to schedule my HDMI board upgrade, for those have a working server - is the audio codec on movies outputs bitstream (i.e. DTS MA or etc... ) or LPCM?

The $499 price is a promotion only and it's still very expensive for what you are essentially getting.

The PlayStation 4 supports 4K video and will have movies available at launch. Sony confirmed this the day they announced the PS4. There is no "storage" issue with the PS4. The hard drive in the PS4 is removable and considering it uses a laptop hard drive, your options are endless making that argument void.
Umalk likes this.
vaxick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Member
 
SirPoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Agree with you on the HD upgrade. However... it is either 2TB or 3TB max in size (including storing of games - including downloads) and movies. Not sure 2.5 HD comes in 2TB size yet...
SirPoon is offline  
post #453 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 193
I guess I'm a captive audience now, both to Sony and to the discussion on this forum.

The HDMI 4 connector on mine, is at the right edge of the rear panel, so I guess I have a "first generation" set, odd considering it was manufactured only 2 months ago. The set did a lengthy software update Monday, July 1st. It would irk me if they have to pull the entire back of the set off to make this modification, we'll see.

The South Florida Sony store doesn't have the X-1 yet, (maybe after the holiday weekend.)

I know why people despise Sony, and this just adds more proof to their claims. Maybe the X-1 player needs time to hatch after you shell out $700 for it?

Anyway, I'm biting when it's available, and hopefully no in-home service is needed to get me up and running. I had read that the "big change" for hardware and an in-home visit would come when the HDMI 2.0 was set and ready to roll out.

I'm confused about this $200 coupon. Is it sent only if you bought the TV from Sony directly? I wouldn't mind having that money in my pocket and not in Sony's, for a change.

I did receive my three complimentary "remastered in 4K" Blu-ray's yesterday. I honestly thought the X-1 also played discs.
LeeSoFl is online now  
post #454 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Another thing I am looking for clarification on is from the Sony 4K support page:

"Unable to access the TV menu during 4K viewing.

The TV menu with the onscreen display and options is not accessible during 4K resolution viewing. Press the HOME button to exit the 4K mode to access the TV menu.

NOTE: The volume can still be adjusted during 4K viewing even without the volume bar."


Does this mean you're not able to make picture and sound adjustments when you watching something off the X1?
LeeSoFl is online now  
post #455 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Member
 
jimmyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I can make picture adjustments and access all menus when viewing 4K content from a PC, so the restriction may only apply to the X1.
jimmyg is offline  
post #456 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post

I can make picture adjustments and access all menus when viewing 4K content from a PC, so the restriction may only apply to the X1.

When on Netflix and Hulu, the TV locks you out of "options" control, so you can't do picture and sound adjustments. (You're able to work around this by loading a different application, "Crackle" for example, which for some idiotic reason, does let you access "options" for pic and sound adjustment.)

If this is the way Sony is going to offer the X-1, WITH NO ABILITY TO ADJUST VIDEO AND AUDIO SETTINGS, then they're a bunch of ____________.

It would be like selling you a car where you can't move the seat.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this.
LeeSoFl is online now  
post #457 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
JFR0317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post

I'm confused about this $200 coupon. Is it sent only if you bought the TV from Sony directly? I wouldn't mind having that money in my pocket and not in Sony's, for a change.[/quote

Try this link from the Sony Style FMP-X1 page. It lets you register for the $200 coupon. I bought my XBR65-X900A from Best Buy/Magnolia, and it let me register for the promotion.

https://sonystyle.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/5/98

John
JFR0317 is online now  
post #458 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Member
 
gadgeTTmini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought my TV from my local Sony store and registered for the $200 coupon at the web site the same day. I never received the coupon. Went to same store yesterday and bought the Media Player. They took $200 off the top with an in-store coupon code. Not that it matters, though, as my TV needs the HDMI board swap and my appointment to have it done is 2 weeks out. Guess the player will be gathering dust until then, but at least I was able to buy it at the discounted price.

BTW, Sony is giving me a $100 gift card for my "trouble" after the in-home board swap is completed. Guess that effectively reduces the player's price to $400. I wonder how much of this device's feature set will be duplicated or superseded by the PS4 at the end of the year....
gadgeTTmini is offline  
post #459 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
JFR0317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgeTTmini View Post

I bought my TV from my local Sony store and registered for the $200 coupon at the web site the same day. I never received the coupon. Went to same store yesterday and bought the Media Player. They took $200 off the top with an in-store coupon code. Not that it matters, though, as my TV needs the HDMI board swap and my appointment to have it done is 2 weeks out. Guess the player will be gathering dust until then, but at least I was able to buy it at the discounted price.
Thanks. I haven't gotten my coupon yet either, although I just registered for it last Thursday the 27th. I may try going by the local Sony store to see if I can get the same deal you did.

John
JFR0317 is online now  
post #460 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Member
 
kbrod1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I don't get it. You tell everyone about your new 4K set and media player in Jan at CES. Then 4 months later you start selling the set at a premium price yet you haven't checked to see if they're compatable together before their release.
What more everyone paying a premium for the set had to wait for the media player to be released seperately even though you would think it should have been done simultaneously.
Now the original buyers who shelled out significant coin will have to wait for someone to come to their home and open up their new set to change a board inside which will delay even further their foray into 4K.
By the time the dust settles their will be a number of other manufacturers with 4K available with potentially better sets Toshiba, Sharp, Samsung and LG.
Adding insult to injury the promised $200 coupon still hasn't been sent out via email and only those who have a Sony store close by, (I don't) can circumvent that. I bought mine directly from Sony so I cannot even go to a local shop.
So much for early adopters.
kbrod1 is offline  
post #461 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Link for Sony $200 off X1. Click on "own a Sony 4K TV."

https://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666556068

Having said that, Sony has really stepped in it with the rollout of X1 server. I really did think it played Blu-ray discs (moron me.)

Getting 10 films loaded on the "cheesecake" is no big draw for me, and their service is expected months from now, not counting unexpected delays.

You buy a $7,000 TV and they have to come to you house, two weeks from now so you can use it?

I just went to Best Buy and bought the BDP S790 player. I am going to be on the sidelines for this server circus.
LeeSoFl is online now  
post #462 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Member
 
gadgeTTmini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
BTW, for those interested- the 4K media server comes with a coupon to get all 10 bundled 4k movies in UV format, too.
gadgeTTmini is offline  
post #463 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Member
 
kbrod1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I did that link several weeks back and again last week to no avail.
kbrod1 is offline  
post #464 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Member
 
Loomis2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When other companies come out with their own 4k tv's do they have a way to actually play 4k content on it like Sony? Yes, Sony isn't doing a great job implementing the plan, but at least they have one.

Loomis2 is offline  
post #465 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
billdag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post


The $499 price is a promotion only and it's still very expensive for what you are essentially getting.

The PlayStation 4 supports 4K video and will have movies available at launch. Sony confirmed this the day they announced the PS4. There is no "storage" issue with the PS4. The hard drive in the PS4 is removable and considering it uses a laptop hard drive, your options are endless making that argument void.
Good point. Swapping hard drives on the PS3 is a 2 Minute deal if done when console is new and no transfers are required. PS4 should, hopefully, be just as easy (and CHEAP!). And.....if the PS4 is anything like the PS3, you can also load up an external USB Hard Drive with lots of video content as I have done. Just hope that it's not limited to FAT32 4Gig limit like the PS3.
billdag is offline  
post #466 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Senior Member
 
billdag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post

When on Netflix and Hulu, the TV locks you out of "options" control, so you can't do picture and sound adjustments. (You're able to work around this by loading a different application, "Crackle" for example, which for some idiotic reason, does let you access "options" for pic and sound adjustment.)

If this is the way Sony is going to offer the X-1, WITH NO ABILITY TO ADJUST VIDEO AND AUDIO SETTINGS, then they're a bunch of ____________.

It would be like selling you a car where you can't move the seat.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this.
Just plug in something like the great Sony BDP-S790 blu-ray player and access Netflix or whatever through that and you should have full adjustability. I chuckle a bit when I see all these more expensive SMART TV's that can almost do as much, though not as well, as my HTPC and S790 that are hooked up to it.
billdag is offline  
post #467 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Senior Member
 
thalazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I see many people have the 790 blu-ray player. I purchased one and come to find out my TV (65") doesn't like the player when it comes to 3D content. I get fuzz on the black bars of a widescreen movie and a pure black picture. I had changed the HDMI cable, the HDMI input on the tv. I put the player downstairs on the new Samsung F8000 and put in a 3D movie and had no problem. I then hooked back up my old Samsung 7500 and it played 3d no problem. Looks like I will return the player and stick with my old samsung. Lol! Called tech support and they couldn't figure out what to do. I wish Sony would hurry up with the coupons so we can purchase a media player than shows as in stock at Sonystyle.com.
thalazy is online now  
post #468 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post


The $499 price is a promotion only and it's still very expensive for what you are essentially getting.

The PlayStation 4 supports 4K video and will have movies available at launch. Sony confirmed this the day they announced the PS4. There is no "storage" issue with the PS4. The hard drive in the PS4 is removable and considering it uses a laptop hard drive, your options are endless making that argument void.

Yes, it IS a "promotion", but that promotion will be active for the foreseeable future. Also, anyone that purchased the X900 will be eligible for the deal. Since only those TV's will be compatible, that pretty much covers all the bases. With regard to the hard drive, yes it is removable, but your options are FAR from endless. A 2 TB drive is currently $180, so that's nearly half of the price of the server. There aren't currently any larger 2.5" drives on the market. Then you have to worry about how much space is left after all the DLC you will have on there for gaming. Has Sony actually said that it will support their "Movies Unlimited" service specifically, or did they just say it will support 4K video? It's not as clear cut as you seem to think. I'd pull back a little on your enthusiasm until you have a little more information on PS4, if I were you. It may very well be a better deal to use the PS4, but I think we are a ways from being a foregone conclusion at this point. After all, the PS4 isn't out yet, this is. And this could easily be a $200-300 box, come holiday. cool.gif

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Speakerphile is online now  
post #469 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post

I guess I'm a captive audience now, both to Sony and to the discussion on this forum.

The HDMI 4 connector on mine, is at the right edge of the rear panel, so I guess I have a "first generation" set, odd considering it was manufactured only 2 months ago. The set did a lengthy software update Monday, July 1st. It would irk me if they have to pull the entire back of the set off to make this modification, we'll see.

The South Florida Sony store doesn't have the X-1 yet, (maybe after the holiday weekend.)

I know why people despise Sony, and this just adds more proof to their claims. Maybe the X-1 player needs time to hatch after you shell out $700 for it?

Anyway, I'm biting when it's available, and hopefully no in-home service is needed to get me up and running. I had read that the "big change" for hardware and an in-home visit would come when the HDMI 2.0 was set and ready to roll out.

I'm confused about this $200 coupon. Is it sent only if you bought the TV from Sony directly? I wouldn't mind having that money in my pocket and not in Sony's, for a change.

I did receive my three complimentary "remastered in 4K" Blu-ray's yesterday. I honestly thought the X-1 also played discs.

The offer will be available at Best Buy/Magnolia as well, for those who purchased from them.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Speakerphile is online now  
post #470 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Member
 
SirPoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So.. I scheduled my HDMI board swap on July 15th through the website....hopefully I can view my 4k content!
didacgf likes this.
SirPoon is offline  
post #471 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoon View Post

So.. I scheduled my HDMI board swap on July 15th through the website....hopefully I can view my 4k content!

Have you asked them whether or not the new board will support HDMI 2.0?
didacgf likes this.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Speakerphile is online now  
post #472 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Newbie
 
didacgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've just phone called the Sony 4k support. They have confirm to me that the HDMI board swap is mandatory to use the 4k media player and that they install a HDMI 2.0 on HDMI IN 4. They also have confirm that the software update of july 1st is to update the TV to be HDMI 2.0 compatible. Unfortunately for me I live in Barcelona (Europe) and there is still no plans for that replacement in Europe (waiting for an official response from Sony Europe). YOU AMERICANS JUST DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE wink.gif
didacgf is offline  
post #473 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Member
 
kbrod1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Got my coupon via email and purchased the unit just now. Scheduled the HDMI replacement for 2 weeks out. Should have the X1 by Friday can use as a coaster until has any real use.
kbrod1 is offline  
post #474 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Member
 
DanielMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrod1 View Post

Got my coupon via email and purchased the unit just now. Scheduled the HDMI replacement for 2 weeks out. Should have the X1 by Friday can use as a coaster until has any real use.


Did they give you any information if the HDMI replacement will be for the HDMI 2.0 by any chance? rolleyes.gif
DanielMD is offline  
post #475 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Member
 
kbrod1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
No. You go to a site and just type in your details. You're not talking with anyone.
kbrod1 is offline  
post #476 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
electrofascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by didacgf View Post

I've just phone called the Sony 4k support. They have confirm to me that the HDMI board swap is mandatory to use the 4k media player and that they install a HDMI 2.0 on HDMI IN 4. They also have confirm that the software update of july 1st is to update the TV to be HDMI 2.0 compatible. Unfortunately for me I live in Barcelona (Europe) and there is still no plans for that replacement in Europe (waiting for an official response from Sony Europe). YOU AMERICANS JUST DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE wink.gif

That doesn't seem possible since the HDMI 2.0 spec isn't completed.

For those who intend to skip the X1 will the current upgrade be useful for other reasons?
electrofascist is offline  
post #477 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Newbie
 
didacgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by didacgf View Post

I've just phone called the Sony 4k support. They have confirm to me that the HDMI board swap is mandatory to use the 4k media player and that they install a HDMI 2.0 on HDMI IN 4. They also have confirm that the software update of july 1st is to update the TV to be HDMI 2.0 compatible. Unfortunately for me I live in Barcelona (Europe) and there is still no plans for that replacement in Europe (waiting for an official response from Sony Europe). YOU AMERICANS JUST DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE wink.gif

That doesn't seem possible since the HDMI 2.0 spec isn't completed.

For those who intend to skip the X1 will the current upgrade be useful for other reasons?

It was also confusing to me, but the fact that the final specs hasn't been published doesn't necesary mean that the HDMI association companies doesn't have the final specs.

I'm worried about this "swap board" thing because no one at Sony Europe really knows anything about this and having an "old" 4k TV just 1 week after the purchase is frustrating.

I would really appreciate if all of those who will have the in-home support tell us what Sony really does.

Thank you.
didacgf is offline  
post #478 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Member
 
jimmyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by didacgf View Post

I'm worried about this "swap board" thing because no one at Sony Europe really knows anything about this and having an "old" 4k TV just 1 week after the purchase is frustrating.

The 4K media player is a US-only product, as the licensing rights for the content will vary from region to region. For EMEA, Sony is specifically marketing these 4K TVs without any promises or commitment to provide access to 4K content...only a good upscaling experience, superior passive 3D performance, and eventually the limited release of some "mastered in 4K" Blu-ray movies. I too was hoping to buy this player for my KD-65X9004A (Middle East & Southeast Asia version of the XBR-65X900A) that I purchased in Dubai, but I'm pretty sure it won't be compatible.
jimmyg is offline  
post #479 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrofascist View Post

That doesn't seem possible since the HDMI 2.0 spec isn't completed.

For those who intend to skip the X1 will the current upgrade be useful for other reasons?

The spec is basically finished. It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to have the final specs.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
Speakerphile is online now  
post #480 of 12139 Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM
xej
Newbie
 
xej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by didacgf View Post

I've just phone called the Sony 4k support. They have confirm to me that the HDMI board swap is mandatory to use the 4k media player and that they install a HDMI 2.0 on HDMI IN 4. They also have confirm that the software update of july 1st is to update the TV to be HDMI 2.0 compatible. Unfortunately for me I live in Barcelona (Europe) and there is still no plans for that replacement in Europe (waiting for an official response from Sony Europe). YOU AMERICANS JUST DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE wink.gif
Didac, I'm also from Barcelona and waiting the 65". Where did you buy it ?. Is a 65" ?
xej is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 65x900a by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off