Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 286 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8551 of 11458 Old 05-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post

Here, I'll help you out a little bit...

http://www.whathifi.com/review/sony-kd-65x9005b

Sony’s improved Triluminious picture technology is at work here, promising accurate colours and none of the overblown blues we saw in last year’s sets. And it has delivered.

From coloured pencils to exotic landscapes, the colours are as accurate as they are punchy. There’s a subtlety to each shade that’s really impressive, allowing a natural and realistic colour palette that doesn’t attempt to overdo red fruits or blue skies in any scene.

There aren’t any viewing angle issues, either. The rich colours and contrast don’t fade when viewed slightly off-axis

We play test favourite Life Of Pi to test out the TV’s active-shutter 3D technology, and we're immediately impressed: the 3D is lovely to watch.

You get totally drawn in to the film, with the ocean and endless horizon providing a gorgeous and dramatic 3D depth.

The screen’s characteristics remain, and it’s a comfortable and exciting watch that doesn’t strain the eyes.

You get two pairs of active glasses with the set, and if you’ve been unconvinced with 3D films so far, this Sony’s talents might just change your mind.

There are tweeters, woofers and subwoofers placed on either side of the screen, and the resulting sound is rich, detailed and open. Sony has certainly produced some of the best-sounding TVs we've heard.

Unlike the flatscreen TV sound we’re used to, it sounds solid and full-bodied, with no traces of harshness or thinness – we don’t feel an immediate need for an extra sound system during testing.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kd55x9005b-201405123771.htm

With deep blacks by LED LCD standards, accurate colours and linear circa-2.4 gamma, we knew the picture on the Sony KD-55X9005B was going to look good, but we never expected it to be THIS spectacular.

We spun a few Blu-ray discs, and the phenomenal images put out by the Bravia X9005B so wowed us that it got us asking “what devilry is this?”. The fantastic contrast between inky blacks and bright whites – even when they co-existed on the same scene – simply belied the measured ANSI black level of 0.056 cd/m2. Was it Sony’s new X-tended Dynamic Range technology which operated at a more microscopic level beyond what even our reference-grade instruments could measure? Was it the way LCDs can deliver linear light output that’s unhindered by ABL (Automatic Brightness Limiter) unlike plasma and OLED TVs? We honestly don’t know. All we know is the Sony X9-B produced a truly fabulous, high-contrast image that appealed greatly to our videophilic predisposition.

Sony is still using the Triluminos Display moniker for the wide colour gamut (WCG) technology on the KD55X9005B, even though this year the company is no longer using QD Vision’s quantum dot technology. It’s no loss though (we weren’t particularly big fans of last year’s quantum-dot-based Triluminos tech for accurate colour reproduction anyway) – the X90-B still rendered all the tonal subtleties of every shade and hue with stunning precision and, with [Smooth Gradation] engaged, posterization-free finesse. Particularly striking was just how rich and well-saturated the colours appeared without transgressing into gaudy or overblown territory.

Even so, we’d much prefer to watch extra-dimensional material on the Sony KD-55X9005B compared to the Samsungs for two reasons. First, there’s remarkably little crosstalk, which is pleasantly surprising given Sony’s troubled past with this issue on its first- and second-generation 3D televisions. Second, no judder was present in all types of tri-dimensional content we threw at the Bravia X90B, be it 1080p/24 (3D Blu-ray movies) or 50Hz (Sky 3D), as long as [Motionflow] was changed to “Off” – the default setting of “Standard” forces 60Hz output, leading to judder city with 24fps and 50fps sources.

We sampled Pacific Rim in the third dimension on the Sony X9B, and right from the word go its colourful and suitably bright presentation put a huge grin on our face. The 3-D quality was so good, in fact, that it compelled us to go back and calibrate the TV’s 3D mode (these days we normally skip this due to how uninterested the public is in this format). If you’re not averse to active 3D (headache, eye fatigue, etc.), then the Bravia 55X9B should give you plenty of wonderfully immersive 3-dimensional viewing.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-kdl-65x9005b_TV_review_picture-quality_Page-2#RV0pKTF3o3Pw18t2.99

Perhaps the most intriguing of these new technologies is Sony’s X-Tended Dynamic Range system. This combines improved local manipulation of the edge LED lighting array (aka local dimming) with enhanced signal control via the TV’s processors to boost the brightness of light parts of pictures while simultaneously improving the black level response of dark areas.

The main source of our joy is the set’s outstanding black level response.

The uniformity of the 65X9005B’s deep black level response is also admirable for a screen of such vast proportions...

The 65X9005B’s black levels aren’t, perhaps, significantly deeper than those of last year’s 65X9005A. But they’re still outstanding, and crucially they’re able to share the frame with punchier bright elements than you got with the X9005As, thanks to the new X-Tended Dynamic Range functionality.

Despite achieving brilliantly dark black levels, the 65X9005B also reproduces fantastic amounts of detail and greyscale subtlety in dark parts of the image, making even the darkest scene feel full of depth and texture. It’s important to say, too, that the 65X9005B’s contrast and light uniformity are less viewing angle sensitive than they were with its predecessor

65X9005B improves on the audio efforts of its predecessor in every single way to deliver not only easily the best sound we’ve heard from a TV but sound quality good enough to humble many external soundbar and sound base solutions.

Finally, we pushed the 65X9005B’s amazing audio to volume levels that frankly started to scare us, and still there was no hint of the system breaking down. 

And yet you can't look up the different 3d techs comparisons or reviews or impressions...

I think you are probably smarter than you are acting and maybe having us on. But that would also be kind of a waste of time.
TweakerInWA, Geoff D and RiED27880 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8552 of 11458 Old 05-17-2014, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 156

:rolleyes:

post #8553 of 11458 Old 05-17-2014, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

That review sounds a whole lot like the 900A..minus the exceptional black levels...but still pretty good. smile.gif You should defiantly pick one up !!!wink.gif
post #8554 of 11458 Old 05-17-2014, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post

That review sounds a whole lot like the 900A..minus the exceptional black levels...but still pretty good. smile.gif You should defiantly pick one up !!!wink.gif

LMAO, you should learn how to read...

It was 3 separate reviews done by 3 separate professional reviewers who compared the A model to the B model.

The B model wins on every account – 

Better blacks 
Better whites 
Better greyscale
Better color
Better contrast
Better detail
Better viewing angles
Better sound 

Etc., etc., etc…

But, nice try...

post #8555 of 11458 Old 05-17-2014, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post

I've been reading over on the UK AVFourm. Several X900A owners are dumping their 900A for the 900B.

post #8556 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 AM

Yeah, let me run and dump my absolutely gorgeous Sony 900A for a 900B that's going to cost me a couple grand more for the same PQ...Sign me up !!!! Actually, I think I'll hold on to that extra coin and start saving up for the 8K that will be out in the next couple of years..What will you do HDTVAV ????eek.gif Now what !!

Here's a 900A "professional" review for you..In case you were interested...Stunning pretty much sums it up!! lol tongue.gif

900AReview.pdf 1222k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 900AReview.pdf (1.19 MB, 39 views)
post #8557 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:

Yeah, let me run and dump my absolutely gorgeous Sony 900A for a 900B that's going to cost me a couple grand more for the same PQ...Sign me up !!!! Actually, I think I'll hold on to that extra coin and start saving up for the 8K that will be out in the next couple of years..What will you do HDTVAV ????eek.gif Now what !!

Here's a 900A "professional" review for you..In case you were interested...

900AReview.pdf 1222k .pdf file

Sorry to 900B folks in June the 950B comes out with full-array backlit making the 900B old news within 60 days. This was from the Sony rep.
post #8558 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas oled View Post

Sorry to 900B folks in June the 950B comes out with full-array backlit making the 900B old news with pin 60 days. This was from the Sony rep.

Cant wait for the 950B, should be reference!
post #8559 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post

Cant wait for the 950B, should be reference!
Quote:

Sorry to 900B folks in June the 950B comes out with full-array backlit making the 900B old news with pin 60 days. This was from the Sony rep.

Ohhhhh mate you should have kept this information to yourself eek.gif ROTFLMAO
post #8560 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:

Oh lord...Now HDTVAV is going to go pester those folks in the 900B thread.....tongue.gif
RiED27880 likes this.
post #8561 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 03:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:

Geoff and Austin jerry, have you guys tried calibrating 3D on this set? How does one do that? Especially the parts involving the colorimeter and calman 5.

Yes, it's very simple: put 3D glasses in front of sensor, cue up some 3D test patterns (either forced 3D or using the proper 3D patterns in Spears and Munsil, shame there aren't any greyscale fields on that disc though) then calibrate as normal.

The gamma and greyscale don't track anything like as linear as they do in 2D but that's to be expected because the dimming is boosted in 3D mode on my 55" (e.g. if I put on a black screen it doesn't dim down to 0.00cdm/2 as in 2D). Without the benefit of a 10-point white balance control it's virtually impossible to dial out the greyscale errors I'm getting, although the numbers are still very good regarding colour accuracy and in real world viewing the blacks are incredible.
nishant786 likes this.
post #8562 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post

That was some long runway eh?

Lee
#SuperUserbySony
--- Sony has provided me with complementary products for evaluation. Participation in this program does not affect my posted comments, concerns or criticisms. ---

yeah it was lol biggrin.gif am i the only one who loves it when movies get scaled to "full scree" rather than 16:9 ratio on regular programing? Realy takes advantage of the full 65" screen dont you think? but then again, seeing the inky black letter bars melt along the vesel and speakers is always nice to look at biggrin.gif
post #8563 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Dear Friends,

I've decided I won't be contributing to these two forums any longer.

The general tone has changed significantly from what it was like a year ago, when it first started, and both have become difficult to read and annoying to digest.

I was notified by Sony that my 950B arrived from Japan, and is due to leave their West Coast facility this week. I am sure I'll enjoy using this new "flagship" model the same way I've loved my 900A, the earlier flagship, all the way back to the original 25XBR, their initial flagship XBR. In fact, I've owned Sony electronic equipment since 1968, when I got the flagship Sony Reel to Reel Tape Center, the model TC-560. I remember buying KLH 17 speakers and loved that the amplifier in the reel-to-reel was able to drive them to hefty listening levels.

In 1973, I got their first Trinitron, a 12" model that pretty much changed TV receivers forever. In 1976, I had the Sony flagship portable color video recorder, then called a porta-pak. Over the years, I've mixed in a lot of ES home gear along with equipment from Revox, Nak, Thorens, you name it. What started off as a hobby forty-four years ago, turned into my career in sound engineering and network television production.

So, now with my new 950 safely sitting on US soil, and my contractual obligation to the Sony Super User program coming to an end, I feel it's a great time to distance myself from a lot of the negativism these two forums have deteriorated into.

I wish you all the best of luck and pleasure from the equipment you own, love and use.

Lee
#SuperUserbySony
--- Sony has provided me with complementary products for evaluation. Participation in this program does not affect my posted comments, concerns or criticisms. ---
post #8564 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

Dear Friends,

The general tone has changed significantly from what it was like a year ago, when it first started, and both have become difficult to read and annoying to digest.

Lee
#SuperUserbySony

I hear ya Lee, and feel the same way..
Thanks for all your great input and guidance, and hope you enjoy all things AV !!
post #8565 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:

So, now with my new 950 safely sitting on US soil, and my contractual obligation to the Sony Super User program coming to an end, I feel it's a great time to distance myself from a lot of the negativism these two forums have deteriorated into.
Wait, you had a contractual obligation to post on some forums about the products you were getting big discounts on from Sony? So much for your disclaimer at the end of every post.
post #8566 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 05:04 AM

Quote:

Dear Friends,

I was notified by Sony that my 950B arrived from Japan, and is due to leave their West Coast facility this week. I am sure I'll enjoy using this new "flagship" model the same way I've loved my 900A, the earlier flagship, all the way back to the original 25XBR, their initial flagship XBR. In fact, I've owned Sony electronic equipment since 1968, when I got the flagship Sony Reel to Reel Tape Center, the model TC-560. I remember buying KLH 17 speakers and loved that the amplifier in the reel-to-reel was able to drive them to hefty listening levels.

In 1973, I got their first Trinitron, a 12" model that pretty much changed TV receivers forever. In 1976, I had the Sony flagship portable color video recorder, then called a porta-pak. Over the years, I've mixed in a lot of ES home gear along with equipment from Revox, Nak, Thorens, you name it. What started off as a hobby forty-four years ago, turned into my career in sound engineering and network television production.

I wish you all the best of luck and pleasure from the equipment you own, love and use.

Lee
#SuperUserbySony

I request you to kindly re consider your decision lee. You have been an asset to this board and your knowledge is still essential to us as we navigate the uncertain waters of early 4K. I'm sure a lot of regulars would agree.
jjnbos and RiED27880 like this.
post #8567 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post

Yes, it's very simple: put 3D glasses in front of sensor, cue up some 3D test patterns (either forced 3D or using the proper 3D patterns in Spears and Munsil, shame there aren't any greyscale fields on that disc though) then calibrate as normal.

The gamma and greyscale don't track anything like as linear as they do in 2D but that's to be expected because the dimming is boosted in 3D mode on my 55" (e.g. if I put on a black screen it doesn't dim down to 0.00cdm/2 as in 2D). Without the benefit of a 10-point white balance control it's virtually impossible to dial out the greyscale errors I'm getting, although the numbers are still very good regarding colour accuracy and in real world viewing the blacks are incredible.

Thanks geoff, ill check it out and let you know.
post #8568 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Wait, you had a contractual obligation to post on some forums about the products you were getting big discounts on from Sony? So much for your disclaimer at the end of every post.

To clarify, as I put one foot out the door:

"Super-user agrees to accept and use Products for no less than one year.... Super-user may, but is under no obligation to blog/post about the Product... Further, when discussing a SONY product via a social media, Super-user must make the material connection with Sony known within the statement."

I personally wrote the disclaimer that ended every post I've made since I was invited into the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

...but there is another good reason to leave.

Lee
post #8569 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:

Dear Friends,

Lee
#SuperUserbySony

enjoy your X950 Lee. sorry to see you go, hope your new set will be the best of the best as i'm sure it will be. wish more members like you would stay and other negative pointless forum members would call it quits instead. Best of luck to you my friend. smile.gif
wase4711, jjnbos and sdMCM66 like this.
post #8570 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Don't leave us, Lee!!!!
post #8571 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:

Btw, for all people here looking for a new phone, the Sony Z2 is a very good option. Not only is it one of the best android phones today (if not the best), Its amazing at 4k caputre and also plays back downloaded clips efficiently and smoothly. Better than my old laptop. Its also a good companion for the Bravia with all connected features. smile.gif

Plus its MHL 3.0 compatible, so as soon as the cable comes along, I have a very good 4K player. smile.gif

Ps. Dont know why the screen looks magenta, didn't look like that.
The 900a doesn't support the MHL 3.0, but only the 2.0.. The MHL 3.0 is supported by the B series, as described in the specs and the official Sony press releases..
nishant786 likes this.
post #8572 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh lord...Now HDTVAV is going to go pester those folks in the 900B thread.....tongue.gif

It isn’t “pestering” to point out absolutely WRONG information in posts.

I have always said, and said it again yesterday – that the X900A is a great TV in its own right.

I am not taking anything away from the A model at all.

But to come in here and say that the new B model will be no better (and actually worse) than the A model – and only cost more money for new purchasers – is absolutely wrong.

And then having several other people in here quote your post and then agree with it – is not only absolutely wrong – it is extremely misleading – and does a total disservice - especially to people researching this thread with an interest in buying either the A or B.

Many people who don’t have this TV come in here to do research – as you very well know.

And for several people to state that the A model is exactly the same as the B model (and actually better) – the only difference is that the B model will cost new purchasers $1,000+ more – is, again, absolutely wrong.

Like I said previously, it is one thing to say that I love my A model and I see no need to upgrade to the B model...

Or - even though the B model might have more features and be a little better - those new features and slightly better picture aren't enough to make me want to upgrade to the B model...

That would be totally understandable and commendable.

But to have a lot of A model owners state that the B model will "perform exactly like the A model but cost more" – is just totally wrong.

Especially since everyone knows they know better...

Now you can get the A model today for around $3200 and the B model for around $1,000+ more.

If new purchasers don’t care about the added features and benefits of the B model – then the A model is an excellent choice!

Just don’t go leaving new purchasers with the impression that the A model and B model are the exact same TV – and the only difference is the $1,000+ more for the B model.

Now get back to talking about the A model and how great it is in its own right!

Carlos_E likes this.
post #8573 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:

To clarify, as I put one foot out the door:

"Super-user agrees to accept and use Products for no less than one year.... Super-user may, but is under no obligation to blog/post about the Product... Further, when discussing a SONY product via a social media, Super-user must make the material connection with Sony known within the statement."
Thanks for clarifying that.
Quote:
...but there is another good reason to leave.
If you think someone asking for clarification of the terms of your "relationship" with Sony is a reason for you to leave, I'm not sure how to respond. Your post could certainly have led someone to think that you were obligated to post about the products for some duration of time. I was simply trying to understand if that was the case.
post #8574 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:

Now get back to talking about the A model and how great it is in its own right!

That's pretty much the discussion MOST of us are having, that along with trying to figure out the accompanying calibration and setup issues OWNERS of the 900A are having. But it seems it get's derailed (and I'll take partial blame for that) with bantering about a 900B that has it's own dedicated thread. I for one have not initiated any of the back and forth regarding the 900B, but I sure as heck will respond to nonsense like "the 900B will be superior to the 900A" which just isn't the case. Also, as an owner of a 900A, I shouldn't have to come to my 900A thread and read posts (created by one or two individuals) about how much better they think the 900B is going to be, it's irrelevant to myself and every other owner of the 900A. If I wanted to research and discuss the 900B, guess where I'd be? That's about that..I'll ask that you move your 900B discussion to the appropriate thread, if you want to talk 900A, let's talk... wink.gif
RiED27880 likes this.
post #8575 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I for one have not initiated any of the back and forth regarding the 900B,

LOL, do you have amnesia, Alzheimer's, or are you just tweaking... ? :p

Here is your post that started it all - by you... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post

If you think you're going to be getting anything better as far as PQ goes on a B or C, I doubt it, not until something goes beyond 4K. I'm sure the PQ on a B could be on par with the A, but in no way visually BETTER regardless of what new little name they give some magic piece of processing, there's just no way..But if you think the extra few thousand is worth the built in decoding, go for it... 

Edit: Just a little food for thought, hear me out.... The price on 4K sets is inevitably going to have to come down or 4K will never survive, how do you think they're going to bring the price down? I think they'll start using cheaper parts that perform about the same to cut production costs. Not just Sony, by all manufactures... These 900A's could very well end up being the best quality 4K TV's ever made.... Just saying, they're going to have to start cutting corners somewhere.....

Anyway... let's get back to the A!

post #8576 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:

Anyway... let's get back to the A!

Darn, I thought sure you had decided that the B was the better set, and that you might be leaving us to go to that owner's thread. Wishful thinking, I guess.
post #8577 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Darn, I thought sure you had decided that the B was the better set, and that you might be leaving us to go to that owner's thread. Wishful thinking, I guess.

We wouldn't be so lucky austin jerry.
I used to read technical posts here but the last few weeks have been all back stabbing about the superior model.
I can see why people are not interested in reading that and have decided to leave.
And guess what - the more attention you give these posters the more they love it.
Just ignore their post and they will get bored and go away to criticize something else that they DON'T even own .
smile.gif
wase4711 and RiED27880 like this.
post #8578 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24

People who trash the other model saying B is better than A or vice-versa are idiots.  Do they not realize how close these two models are, the differences are so small that if you trash the other model you are in essence trashing your own model.  It's almost like calling your own sister a slut, it comes back and insults you as well.  If you trash the A as a bad TV, then the B can't be a good TV either because of how damned close they are to each other.  So as a B owner, it is actually in your interest to praise and like the A model or vice-versa.

In the end it's a toss-up.  We are used to clear cut upgrades (like Apple stuff) where the successor is clear cut better in every-way making the old model completely obsolete.  This isn't the case here, neither isn't 100% better than the other:

X900B Pros:

-Extended Dynamic Range

-Bigger speaker enclosure (see caveat below)

-Built in Skype cam

-More 'features' due to newer processor (HVEC, PlayStation Now etc...)

X900A Pros:

-Passive 3D

-Quantum Dots (deeper reds, blues etc... some people may find higher than normal color saturation unrealistic, but some may like overblown colours the same way some people like Samsung's unrealistic AMOLED smartphone screens)

-Bigger speaker enclosures result in the wedge design on the 900B which some may not like, some may prefer the Sense of Quartz design of the 900A with the symmetric speakers and the beautiful round chrome stand as opposed to the sawhorse feet of the 900B.  Some may prefer the 'carved out of the glass' look of the A's speakers vs the B's kevlar look speakers.

I'm sorry, after looking at this list, I can not say either the 900A or B is better than the other, in fact Sony could have in theory sold these two models side by side.  Pick the features & design that you find more important and the design that you think will fit into your theater room/living room better, and don't trash the other model, cause to the average person they are 99% identical and the 1% difference isn't enough to distance your own model from the other when you trash talk the other model.

Geoff D and RiED27880 like this.
post #8579 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hey yall, I currently own a Sony KDL-55HX800 and I was thinking of upgrading to the X900A TV. My only real concerns are ironically with the 3D. Is there crosstalk on this set with 3D? The crosstalk on the HX800 drives me bonkers. Especially because I play lots of games with dark scenes, so if there is crosstalk on this set, I'm definitely out. Also, does this set support 1080p/60hz 3D? If I'm going to game on this set, I expect to minimally get 1080p with 60fps using 3D.
post #8580 of 11458 Old 05-18-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 200
There's a dude on here who says he 's getting tons of crosstalk, but everyone else has been bowled over by the 3D on the X9A, and there's no visible crosstalk on my 55" model.

I was apprehensive about 3D gaming after seeing how crappy Doom 3 looked on my HX823 TV (snap!) but the X9A is a revelation in comparison. I love playing Wipeout in 3D too, I was expecting lots of strobing choppiness but the 720p60 frame rate is perfect, it's smooth like buttah, and because the 55's 540p passive display is only losing a quarter of the 720p resolution (as opposed to a full half with 1080p 3D BD) there's very little of the aliasing that can occur with 1080p 3D content.

I don't know whether it accepts 1080p60 3D though, I don't even own anything capable of generating such a signal. biggrin.gif
stuup1dmofo likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page