Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 340 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10171 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 02:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiED27880 View Post
i was told by Sony the 18 month warranty only starts over if you take a refurbish set. When they send you a brand new one however, the warranty continues from the original purchase date.
I will double check in that. They give you a new proof of purchase when you get your new tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10172 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Just updated my Oppo 95 with the latest firmware (it's got a fix for the HDMI handshaking errors with the X9 series) and it's doing a heck of a lot better already. I don't get fuzzy screens for 20 seconds and 'content not supported' if I try changing the HDMI bit depth, now it switches over seamlessly just like my previous players did. My multi-region mod still works too. Huzzah!
RiED27880 likes this.
post #10173 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I will double check in that. They give you a new proof of purchase when you get your new tv.
yes, And the reason i know this is because they tryed to offer me a refurbished one and said my warranty would start over if i accepted it. I said i would only take a new set since i paid full retail for this tv back in June of 2013 and they agreed but did say that the warranty will just roll over from the original date of purchase since its new. Then they tryed offering me a longer period of warranty for the set but i told them i would think about it first since it expires until Dec this year.
post #10174 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
yes, And the reason i know this is because they tryed to offer me a refurbished one and said my warranty would start over if i accepted it. I said i would only take a new set since i paid full retail for this tv back in June of 2013 and they agreed but did say that the warranty will just roll over from the original date of purchase since its new. Then they tryed offering me a longer period of warranty for the set but i told them i would think about it first since it expires until Dec this year.
Interesting b.c that is the exact opposite of what they told me. I guess I will know when my set comes today if it is a new one or a refurb. You said the refurbs come in a different box correct?

I honestly do not care if it is a refurb if the screen is good
post #10175 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Interesting b.c that is the exact opposite of what they told me. I guess I will know when my set comes today if it is a new one or a refurb. You said the refurbs come in a different box correct?

The manufactured date on the back will state refurbished if it is. My experience on refurbished was poor - but not with this model it was a 2,000 TV.

Last edited by Mdjones9137; 06-23-2014 at 09:23 AM.
post #10176 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:

The first time they tryed sending me a refurb one, and when i opened the big box it came in, i imediatly noticed that the back of the panel had scratches, the front where the speakers where looked dirty and the remotes/glassed/and stand did NOT looked new from factory. It was poorly packaged too. I told CEVA i would not accept it and to take it back. Then i called Sony and was pissed at them for what they did and told them i would not accept anything but a new set in mint conditions. They apologized and right away prepared a new order. I got my second set within a week. This one was also in the same big box in which they package the set straight from factory and take your old tv, but this tv looked mint, clean and even smelled new lol! No scratches everything well packed and just as good as when i first bought my 55" back in 2013. Then they helped me set it up and waited until i turned on my set to see if i was completly happy, and i defenatly was! Yes, I am picky, but you have to be with these types of sets that cost over 5k. I think people who are getting this 65" tv for less than 3k may encounter a different type of response from the warranty Dept down the line though, just my guess. Either way i have to say that Sony handled my complaint well and i will most likely buy additional coverage from them when the time comes. I have till Dec to decide.
post #10177 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread

Quote:
The first time they tryed sending me a refurb one, and when i opened the big box it came in, i imediatly noticed that the back of the panel had scratches, the front where the speakers where looked dirty and the remotes/glassed/and stand did NOT looked new from factory. It was poorly packaged too. I told CEVA i would not accept it and to take it back. Then i called Sony and was pissed at them for what they did and told them i would not accept anything but a new set in mint conditions. They apologized and right away prepared a new order. I got my second set within a week. This one was also in the same big box in which they package the set straight from factory and take your old tv, but this tv looked mint, clean and even smelled new lol! No scratches everything well packed and just as good as when i first bought my 55" back in 2013. Then they helped me set it up and waited until i turned on my set to see if i was completly happy, and i defenatly was! Yes, I am picky, but you have to be with these types of sets that cost over 5k. I think people who are getting this 65" tv for less than 3k may encounter a different type of response from the warranty Dept down the line though, just my guess. Either way i have to say that Sony handled my complaint well and i will most likely buy additional coverage from them when the time comes. I have till Dec to decide.

Just got mine. Same experience. It did come in a box that was not the same as a store bought one; however, this set has very faint banding, which is much better.

Everything inside looked brand new. Original packaging, stickers, and everything. If it is not new, I do not care. The tv is what my first set should have been

This may sound silly, but I think something was wrong with the upscaling in my previous set too. My uverse tv looks drastically better. To the point my girlfriend asked me if this was a totally different tv.
bruceames and RiED27880 like this.

Last edited by Mattopotamus; 06-23-2014 at 04:04 PM.
post #10178 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Got a Firmware update. At first when I go to Youtube it worked and then it crashed turning off the TV. Now each time I go to Youtube App it crashes and the TV turns off and on again. Any Ideas Folks?? I tried again and when it played back the youtube video it crashed and then the TV switched itself off and I had a flashing red front light.

Firmware folks is PKG4.430GAA for everyone in the PAL region of the world. It seems like this is the Pal version of the last update you guys in the US received. Anyway will monitor this issue if it keeps happening. I have never read anywhere where the front LED turned red and flashing anywhere on the forum so this maybe a first.

Update:- Was playing back youtube again and it seemed to work but consecutive viewing of youtube movies crashes and the TV turns off and on again. It appears the Youtube App is screwed.

Update 2#- After the full factory reset- The TV is working perfectly and the Youtube App seems to have changed. I think the fix is once the tv is updated to this firmware then you have to do a factory reset as the Youtube App may need to be re-downloaded?? But whatever the case the Youtube App looks different after doing the factory reset. Have been watching Youtube movies and no evident crashes and is working pretty fast and well.

Last edited by CSPerera; 06-23-2014 at 02:17 PM.
post #10179 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Don't bother with IPV6...

Unplug EVERYTHING, router, modem, tv, etc, wait 5 minutes, and restart the modem first, wait until all lights are working on it, then plug in your router, wait until its completely working, then try plugging your tv in and see if that works.

Who is your ISP?

If its Comcast, you might want to not use their DNS servers, and use Google's instead; I have been using Google for years, trouble free from any DNS problems..

If you decide to try that, here are googles DNS addresses that you will need to enter manually; if you use these, reboot everything again, in the same order as above, and replug it in the same way..

PRIMARY DNS: 8.8.8.8
SECONDARY DNS: 8.8.4.4

good luck
Looks like its working now.
Herez what I did.
1) unplug every thing and restart after 10 mins.
2) set the static ip address in X9A ( based on other devices use DNS/Router)

Thank you guys.
post #10180 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Just got mine. Same experience. It did come in a box that was not the same as a store bought one; however, this set does not have any banding!

Everything inside looked brand new. Original packaging, stickers, and everything. If it is not new, I do not care. The tv is what my first set should have been

This may sound silly, but I think something was wrong with the upscaling in my previous set too. My uverse tv looks drastically better. To the point my girlfriend asked him this was a totally different tv.
Congrats man! happy for you! that was my exact reaction when i first saw mine and inspected it. It is new, straight from factory. When you finally get a decent panel you feel like a kid at Christmas all over again
post #10181 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutikanti View Post
Looks like its working now.
Herez what I did.
1) unplug every thing and restart after 10 mins.
2) set the static ip address in X9A ( based on other devices use DNS/Router)

Thank you guys.
Awesome - glad you got it working.
post #10182 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Just got mine. Same experience. It did come in a box that was not the same as a store bought one; however, this set does not have any banding!

This may sound silly, but I think something was wrong with the upscaling in my previous set too. My uverse tv looks drastically better. To the point my girlfriend asked him this was a totally different tv.
Sounds brand new to me - Glad it all worked out for you.
post #10183 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40
handshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Just updated my Oppo 95 with the latest firmware (it's got a fix for the HDMI handshaking errors with the X9 series) and it's doing a heck of a lot better already. I don't get fuzzy screens for 20 seconds and 'content not supported' if I try changing the HDMI bit depth, now it switches over seamlessly just like my previous players did. My multi-region mod still works too. Huzzah!
I'm getting a lot of handshake problems lately between the Oppo, sony TV, ATV and sony soundbar.
This is the problem with software updates, they fix one thing and they screw up something else.
post #10184 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Anyone noticing ghosting on the Frozen 3D Blu-ray? Don't recall seeing this much on the streamed Vudu version.
post #10185 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post
I'm getting a lot of handshake problems lately between the Oppo, sony TV, ATV and sony soundbar.
This is the problem with software updates, they fix one thing and they screw up something else.
Are you getting the problems with the latest firmware? It worked for me.
post #10186 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdMCM66 View Post
Anyone noticing ghosting on the Frozen 3D Blu-ray? Don't recall seeing this much on the streamed Vudu version.
I just watched it over the weekend and did not notice any, and I was looking pretty hard.
post #10187 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Are you getting the problems with the latest firmware? It worked for me.
Don't know I have to check if there is an update. The last one was a while ago.
I have not received an email from Oppo, normally they send me an email to advise of an update.

All i know is that at least once a day we have to reboot the Oppo, because it will not switch HDMI's ...just gives a black screen.
post #10188 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post
Don't know I have to check if there is an update. The last one was a while ago.
I have not received an email from Oppo, normally they send me an email to advise of an update.

All i know is that at least once a day we have to reboot the Oppo, because it will not switch HDMI's ...just gives a black screen.
They released a new 93/05 F/W last month specifically to deal with the handshaking troubles on the Sony 4K sets. You say you didn't get an email, well, sometimes Muhammad must go to the mountain instead of waiting for it to come to him.
post #10189 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Both the tv and the Oppo are current on the updates.

Then again, rebooting the Oppo is no big deal...do we complain every time we have to reboot windows?
post #10190 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I just watched it over the weekend and did not notice any, and I was looking pretty hard.
So I find out that it matters which passive glasses I wear. I see obvious ghosting when wearing my Vizio passive glasses vs the Sony ones. I have been using whichever pair is within reach, but will not use the Vizio's with the Sony any longer. I would not have thought it would make that much difference, but it does. Next I'm going to see what my Vizio looks like through the two different pairs.
post #10191 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So I find out that it matters which passive glasses I wear. I see obvious ghosting when wearing my Vizio passive glasses vs the Sony ones. I have been using whichever pair is within reach, but will not use the Vizio's with the Sony any longer. I would not have thought it would make that much difference, but it does. Next I'm going to see what my Vizio looks like through the two different pairs.
Good to know. I have found the ones from the theaters work great. Plus are free
post #10192 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Good to know. I have found the ones from the theaters work great. Plus are free
I always dropped the theater ones in the bin on the way out, not thinking to keep them. Next time I will. I just trashed the pair of Vizio glasses I'd been using for so long. I tried another pair of Vizio glasses I have and strangely they performed as well as the Sony ones. I wonder if sun exposure can affect the glasses? Its possible they've gotten some exposure. Will take better care in the future just in case.
post #10193 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I always dropped the theater ones in the bin on the way out, not thinking to keep them. Next time I will. I just trashed the pair of Vizio glasses I'd been using for so long. I tried another pair of Vizio glasses I have and strangely they performed as well as the Sony ones. I wonder if sun exposure can affect the glasses? Its possible they've gotten some exposure. Will take better care in the future just in case.
I imagine sun can impact the glasses. I give the kids the ones from the theater cause they are sturdier than the sony ones that came with the set but i personally see no difference between the Real 3D ones and my Sony ones from a visual perspective.
post #10194 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
I imagine sun can impact the glasses. I give the kids the ones from the theater cause they are sturdier than the sony ones that came with the set but i personally see no difference between the Real 3D ones and my Sony ones from a visual perspective.
Visually I feel they are the same. I just find it funny the theater ones are higher quality than the sony ones.
post #10195 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've had a similar experience, although in the reverse: I've got a pair of theater freebies which are better than any other glasses that I've tried, as they virtually eliminate crosstalk. All the others, including all four Sony pairs that came with the set, LG's clip-on ones, and my bucket of other freebies have noticeably worse ghosting. I keep going back to the same theater but every pair I've gotten since have been worse. Pity.
post #10196 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 626
What is it about the glasses that would make one pair worse than another pair?
post #10197 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
No idea. I do feel like the lenses are thicker on the theater glasses than on the sony ones. It could b.c the glasses as a whole are thicker though and is creating a placebo.
post #10198 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
There is a tint on some glasses including the stock ones. But the biggest difference is when you find a pair with frames that eliminates all ambient glare and wraps around to prevent peripheral vision distractions.
RiED27880 likes this.
post #10199 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchn View Post
There is a tint on some glasses including the stock ones. But the biggest difference is when you find a pair with frames that eliminates all ambient glare and wraps around to prevent peripheral vision distractions.
Does anyone have ones from Oakley?

http://www.oakley.com/innovation/opt...eriority/hdo3d

http://www.amazon.com/Passive-3D-Gla...ords=oakley+3d
post #10200 of 10759 Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
People, ALWAYS turn off the goofy eco/light sensor settings. Whenever I get a new TV that's the first thing I make sure to disengage. (And I've never liked surge protectors/power conditioners anyway, I tried one out last year and my amp sounded worse because it couldn't draw the power that it needed for the dynamic headroom.)
I thought conditioners were always recommend? Do you just go without one and take your chances? I've been thinking of getting one..
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page