Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 360 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10771 of 10777 Old Today, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I am looking at the S&M tests, trying to duplicate what you observed. My Deep Color was set to off. I toggled it between off and 36-bit, observed several of the tests (polarity check, depth steps positive and negative), but was unable to see a difference.

I also have my AVR connected to the display using two HDMI cables. One signal path has the Darblet, and one doesn't, which allows me to test the effect the Darblet has on the signal. Switching back and forth between the two paths also showed no difference in the 3D tests.

Perhaps I am not duplicating your tests. Regardless, it is interesting that you discovered this, and that you now see improvements.
In any case if anyone, and I mean anyone, finds a way/setting to achieve greater separation between the +1,0,-1 3d calibration on Spears and Munseill (sp) v2 then let me know. I can't think of anything I am more interested in moving forward. Could be glasses, could be a scene select, could be a standalone video processor- I don't care. I will eat the info up.

Perhaps it is impossible - but I believe anything is possible.

Last edited by flinchn; Today at 03:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10772 of 10777 Old Today, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I would raise Backlight to Max, and Picture to at least 90. All other settings can stay the same
Great, thanks.
post #10773 of 10777 Old Today, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One other question, my last Sharp would automatically name all my devices when it sees the input but cant seem to get this set to name them, it only recognize the PS3 and PS4.
post #10774 of 10777 Old Today, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I may be confused. When I watch a 3D movie the settings are slightly different than my 2D sources. For example, a backlight setting of max. I do not have to change that. It stays at max for 3D and at 6 for 2D.
It increases the backlight to automatically compensate for the reduced brightness caused by the polarized glasses.
post #10775 of 10777 Old Today, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabone View Post
One other question, my last Sharp would automatically name all my devices when it sees the input but cant seem to get this set to name them, it only recognize the PS3 and PS4.
You have to go into manage inputs and label them that way
post #10776 of 10777 Old Today, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wk1947 View Post
I have had the 900a for two months now and it meets my expectations. I was looking to move to a larger tv and followed many forums for the past year. I finally pulled the trigger at 3999 and would do so again. At 2299 it is a steal. I have had a 55 active 3D for 3 years and the passive on this set is a real plus. I cannot find anything that I do not like with this tv. I just hope that 4K blu-ray will show up at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
You have to go into manage inputs and label them that way

Thanks, here is the problem, all my devices go into the AVR and just one HDMI cable go into the TV. I guess I wont have that feature with the Sony because my Sharp was able to recognize everything thrown at it.

This TV does produce a clean, sharper picture than my Sharp. I do have some clouding but so far it doesnt bother me.
post #10777 of 10777 Old Today, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
Here is an article on mobile devices related to 4k
There sure are a lot of options on the horizon to kickstart 4k media streaming.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24506...lcomm-buy.html
Intersting I cant wait to feed true 4k content on my 65. When i had the X1 hooked up to my previous 55" it looked AMAZING!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread