Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 375 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #11221 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo12 View Post
X10 Thoughts

I realize there's a dedicated X10 thread, but this is obviously a busier corner and the unit is proprietary, so the only people interested in a review would be 850/900/A/B owners. If someone wants to cut and paste this into the X10 discussion, I'll be glad to stick my head in and answer any questions.

I have the Sony 55x900A: aside from normal issues with tweaking settings (and bum HDMI cables), I've been very satisfied with the picture. My expectation with the X10 was to be able to have a hub that could facilitate rental of 4K movies and perhaps the odd demo clip. Because my ISP is capped at a glacial 15mbps download speed, I had no expectations about streaming 4K via Netflix. I was wrong, but more on that in a moment.

You can find information on what hardware is included with the unit elsewhere: I had little issue getting it up and running, save for Sony's insanely annoying Entertainment Network credit card entry. I had to try several cards before one was accepted. Something to do with having to have the address exactly as it appears on your CC statement, caps or nine-digit zip included. Whatever.

The X10 really just gives you four content options: running your own 4K material (I don't), selecting from your pre-arranged 4K Library (stuff you've downloaded/purchased/accessed), Netflix, or 4K Video Unlimited, the Sony storefront for movies and a little television.

I first went to 4k Video Unlimited and selected a few nature clips, 4-5 minutes in length. These were free and came pre-loaded on the X10, since they were available immediately without needing to be downloaded. (Despite being $0, I still needed a SEN account to "buy" them.) The only free clip I selected that needed downloading was the trailer for Spider-Man 2.

Next, I looked at their library of 4K titles. There is simply no way I'm paying $29.99 to own one, and not all are available to rent, so I settled on Monuments Men because A). it's a newer film (and thus should look cleaner in 4K) and B). I haven't seen it yet. Regarding my slow-motion ISP, I took note that the film was averaging about 1% for every 4-5 minutes. That means about 8-10 hours to download the two-hour feature. (It's also worth noting that the X10, owing either to its internal policies or my ISP, will not download two things at a time: it "paused" Monuments Men so I could d/l the Spider-Man 2 trailer.)

The Short Clips:
Underwater stuff, bee stuff, butterfly stuff--all the standard nature segments typically seen playing in a loop at retail. Everything looked fine. Clear, sharp, but nothing dramatically different from a torched HDTV playing 1080p in a showroom. I sit about 9 feet away. Squatting closer (4-5 feet), there was no degradation in quality. It was all very pretty, but nothing that made my jaw drop.

Spider-Man 2 Trailer: Again, pretty. Colors popped nicely. As a completely subjective observation, I'd say the vibrant blues and reds of Spidey's costume seemed 20% more "popped" than 1080p.

I then went to Netflix and decided to see if 4K would even appear as an option. (Note: this was after MM had finished downloading.) I had been told by a Netflix phone rep, in a very scoffing and dismissive tone, that I shouldn't even think about 4K content unless I had a 50mbps connection.

To my surprise, not only was House of Cards listed under a 4K content banner, so were several films I didn't realize had been added to the service: Smurfs 2, Ghostbusters, Philadelphia, Hitch, a nature program, and a couple of other options. I hit the nature selection expecting it to buffer like crazy or turn into a fuzzy mess in the same way 1080p content will get chopped in half on me due to a busy or bad connection.

But it booted in seconds, and it appeared to be perfectly clear. I hit "Display" on my X10 remote and it showed it was receiving a 2160p signal. Very interesting. The nature thing (something about flowers) was pretty and roughly on par with the 4K clips on the device.

Next, I hit "House of Cards" and went to the first episode of season two, where I knew there was a recap in 1080p before the actual episode switched to 2160p. Sure enough, my Display showed the clip was in 1080p (Super HD) before switching to 2160p. Now, this was impressive. House looks fantastic, vibrant, alive. It still didn't put me back on my heels, but I'd certainly prefer this to 1080p. The clip in Super HD was almost as good: just a pin-sharp picture. Checking out Hitch for a few moments didn't fare as well: there was noticeable grain.

I really have no idea why I can easily stream 4K content with such a pathetic download speed. There were two variables: I watched it around 11 am EST, when traffic is probably slow, and I have the X10 wired up via Ethernet, figuring wireless would only give me problems.

I still have yet to watch Monuments Men so can't comment on that yet. Overall, while I was pleasantly surprised to be able to stream 4K and find House of Cards to have a knockout picture, I might have to agree with people who say you need to either sit closer or have a larger set to truly appreciate the 4K difference. I realize that's been dismissed by some, but it's likely a subjective thing. For me, 4K looks like a truly excellent and well-calibrated plasma HD picture, House excepted. (That just looks like a more substantial jump, likely because it hasn't been scanned and was shot with 4K in mind--I think.)

If Netflix can continue to build a library of more modern films scanned in 4K and continues to offer original programming in that resolution, I think there's reason for excitement, particularly for owners with bigger sets. The Marvel shows coming in 2015-16 should look outstanding in 4K. For me, I got more of a "holy sh-t" moment from Netflix's Super HD streaming than anything. (Keep in mind I was coming from an 8-year-old Sharp 37".)

This really is an awesome, well-rounded set: great 3D, great sound, great upscaling, and great-looking. 4K is a fun novelty to play around with, but I wouldn't consider it a huge reason to buy unless you're really putting chips down on 4K being the future.
Thanks for this. I think it confirms my purchase decision (against) nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11222 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just one question. I did a search and did not find anything. I have an iPad 3 and a Samsung GalaxyS4 phone. I can do screen mirroring on my X900A fine on the Galaxy S4, but can't seem to find a way to do it with the iPad. I've read that it can be done with Apple TV, but is there any way to do it on the X900A without an Apple TV box? Maybe with an App???

Thanks
Carl

CPTuell
" I'm a man, I can change, If I have to......I guess."
Words to live by. From the Red Green Show...The Man's Prayer
post #11223 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTuell View Post
Just one question. I did a search and did not find anything. I have an iPad 3 and a Samsung GalaxyS4 phone. I can do screen mirroring on my X900A fine on the Galaxy S4, but can't seem to find a way to do it with the iPad. I've read that it can be done with Apple TV, but is there any way to do it on the X900A without an Apple TV box? Maybe with an App???

Thanks
Carl
I have an iPad 3 and iPhone 5s and can mirror both of them on my 900a - i don't have an apple TV

Correction:
Sorry - I am not using screen mirroring. I have paired my apple devices in youtube so i can throw content from my devices to my TV

Last edited by Mdjones9137; 07-20-2014 at 12:22 PM.
post #11224 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTuell View Post

Thanks
Carl
AFAIK apple devices can't be mirrored in that way to the Sony sets. There are some apps like imediashare (or whatever it might be called today) that will allow things like photos to be 'thrown' to the TV, but video is a no-no.
post #11225 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel View Post
I'm visiting my parents for a week and I've been playing Destiny beta on the $600 Vizio that my parents got on Black Friday last year. After careful observation, I have determined that the motion blur on this $600 TV is better than the motion blur on the formerly-$7,000 65X900A. As flagship TVs go, the X900A is amazingly bad for gaming. Even at $2,300 from Beach Camera I'm honestly thinking of sending it back, the motion blur on the X900A is so bad in gaming. I guess Sony really does think that people who buy these 4K sets will never play games, because ugh. I don't know what the hell Sony was on when producing this set, I would have been furious if I had actually paid full price for this set and tried to game on it.
You're not the first person I've heard complain about poor motion handling on the 65".
post #11226 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
You're not the first person I've heard complain about poor motion handling on the 65".
Interesting. Is there something about the panel on the 65” that causes increased ghosting compared to the average 120hz LCD? Does anyone know how the 2014 4K models handle gaming?

Beach Camera gives people 45 days on returns so I can spend a little figuring it out. I just wish Impulse mode was available, it would solve all the problems.
post #11227 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Smile Regarding Gaming

I have a XBR-65X850A and not seen any issues in gaming. I'm simply changing the Scene to "Game" before playing.
post #11228 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
AFAIK apple devices can't be mirrored in that way to the Sony sets. There are some apps like imediashare (or whatever it might be called today) that will allow things like photos to be 'thrown' to the TV, but video is a no-no.

That's what I was afraid of. I'll try that app for photos. May look at a Samsung Galaxy Tablet or a MS Surface. never hurts to have a second Tablet anyway.
Thanks
Carl

CPTuell
" I'm a man, I can change, If I have to......I guess."
Words to live by. From the Red Green Show...The Man's Prayer
post #11229 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
That is correct--Monitor 1 and Monitor 2.
This HDMI ARC thing is driving me crazy. I've been up all night trying to get this to work. The issue I'm having is, when I try to play the apps on the tv (i.e.Youtube) I don't get any volume coming out of the avr speakers. This question is for Austin Jerry, since his avr is similar to mines.
Here's how I had it setup:
TV to AVR (Monitor1)
Verizon cable to AVR (Cable/SAT HDMI connection)
Sony BD to AVR (BD HDMI connection)
*using this method, everything works fine except I don't get sound when playing the youtube app on the tv

Now if I change it around like this:
TV to AVR (Monitor1)
Verizon cable to TV HDMI 3
*using this method the tv sees the avr (on the Bravia Sync) and the sound does come out of the receiver when playing the Youtube app. But it doesn't sound right. I can't adjust any of the Dolby sounds.

I'm giving up on this.
post #11230 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 27
X850A and X900A

I was doing some checking on the forth coming 4K bluray coming early 2015 and apparently they will be using the AVCH-.265 codex. If this is true how will the X850A and X900A be able to use them since they only have the H-.264 codex built in?

I am considering purchasing the 65X850A and with paying a premium I am concerned for the future proof of these TV's.

I would appreciate your comments.
post #11231 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1190 Post(s)
Liked: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7700 View Post
This HDMI ARC thing is driving me crazy. I've been up all night trying to get this to work. The issue I'm having is, when I try to play the apps on the tv (i.e.Youtube) I don't get any volume coming out of the avr speakers. This question is for Austin Jerry, since his avr is similar to mines.
Here's how I had it setup:
TV to AVR (Monitor1)
Verizon cable to AVR (Cable/SAT HDMI connection)
*using this method, everything works fine except I don't get sound when playing the youtube app on the tv

Now if I change it around like this:
TV to AVR (Monitor1)
Verizon cable to TV HDMI 3
*using this method the tv sees the avr (on the Bravia Sync) and the sound does come out of the receiver when playing the Youtube app. But it doesn't sound right. I can't adjust any of the Dolby sounds.

I'm giving up on this.
Well, I don't use ARC at all. I have a Toslink cable from the display's audio output connected to the AVR, set up as "TV Audio" on input "Optical 1". The Display's speakers are set to "Audio System", which allows Dolby Digital on the Toslink connection. This way of connecting things allows the audio from the TV apps to play on the AVR.

Other than requiring an additional cable, is there a reason why you would want to stick with ARC?
post #11232 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acermen1212 View Post
I was doing some checking on the forth coming 4K bluray coming early 2015 and apparently they will be using the AVCH-.265 codex. If this is true how will the X850A and X900A be able to use them since they only have the H-.264 codex built in?

I am considering purchasing the 65X850A and with paying a premium I am concerned for the future proof of these TV's.

The display doesn't need this codec. The decoding is done in the player, and it simply passes the decoded signal on to the display as it would any other video signal. The display will need to support HDMI 2.0 (which it does). So I don't think there is any reason for you to be concerned.
post #11233 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by acermen1212 View Post

I could be very wrong, but wouldn't this be in the same ballpark as the 900A not having the Netflix codec? The solution is to get the X10 media player, which does have the needed codec. In your example, couldn't Sony simply release a DVD player that performs that function on the television's behalf?
post #11234 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

post #11235 of 12619 Old 07-20-2014, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Well, I don't use ARC at all. I have a Toslink cable from the display's audio output connected to the AVR, set up as "TV Audio" on input "Optical 1". The Display's speakers are set to "Audio System", which allows Dolby Digital on the Toslink connection. This way of connecting things allows the audio from the TV apps to play on the AVR.

Other than requiring an additional cable, is there a reason why you would want to stick with ARC?
I really wasn't planning on using ARC. It's just because I couldn't get any sound coming out of the receiver when playing the Youtube nor Netflix app. So I started looking at the X900 instruction manual and the Marantz manual and it mentioned using the ARC setup, so I gave it a try. I think this ARC stuff is for newer SMART TV's. I'm used to the old technology, cable in going to cable out. What frustrated me the most was when I played the TV app and press on the Marantz remote to TV Audio, the Marantz GUI would not come up to navigate thru the settings. I had to navigate it manually on the unit itself.
Well after your comment, I went back in and disabled the HDMI Control (ARC) and that solved the problem.

Thanks again for your help.
post #11236 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Okay, Jerry, I agree with you. However, what is the deal when they talk about needing HDMI 2.2 for commercial requirements? Do we have HDMI 2.2 on HDMI 4 on the X9, with the latest firmware update?
Any thoughts are appreciated....
post #11237 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What are the recommended motionflow settings for gaming?

I was playing FIFA 14 on ps3 in the 'Game mode' and there was quite a bit of blur and the picture didn't seem as sharp for some reason. Before the 55 x900a, I had a 46 inch KDL-V4100 set and I didn't really notice any blur on that (maybe cause its smaller?).
post #11238 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoktulsa View Post
Okay, Jerry, I agree with you. However, what is the deal when they talk about needing HDMI 2.2 for commercial requirements? Do we have HDMI 2.2 on HDMI 4 on the X9, with the latest firmware update?
Any thoughts are appreciated....
You are using the wrong terminology. HDCP 2.2 is a requirement. This stands for HD Content Protection. Early production units did not have HDCP 2.2 on HDMI4, but more recent ones are coming from the factory with this upgrade. And the earlier sets were field-upgrade able. If you are concerned with whether your set has HDCP 2.2, call Sony support and have your serial number ready. The field upgrade is free, but only if you own one of the Sony media players (X1 or X10).
post #11239 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
You are using the wrong terminology. HDCP 2.2 is a requirement. This stands for HD Content Protection. Early production units did not have HDCP 2.2 on HDMI4, but more recent ones are coming from the factory with this upgrade. And the earlier sets were field-upgrade able. If you are concerned with whether your set has HDCP 2.2, call Sony support and have your serial number ready. The field upgrade is free, but only if you own one of the Sony media players (X1 or X10).
Jerry, thanks for your response.
I don't care about the X1 or X10, however, does not having the HDCP 2.2 cause problems for other players providing 4K streaming? I guess my real question is does this HDCP 2.2 only mean that these Sony players will not work but other 4K players would work fine with just the regular HDMI 2.0 inputs?
post #11240 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Jerry, thanks for your response.
I don't care about the X1 or X10, however, does not having the HDCP 2.2 cause problems for other players providing 4K streaming? I guess my real question is does this HDCP 2.2 only mean that these Sony players will not work but other 4K players would work fine with just the regular HDMI 2.0 inputs?
I am not sure that anyone has tested this out, but I would be concerned if my display did not have a HDCP 2.2 HDMI4 port. And since you can't get the free field upgrade without the Sony player, I would proceed with caution.
post #11241 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
The display doesn't need this codec. The decoding is done in the player, and it simply passes the decoded signal on to the display as it would any other video signal. The display will need to support HDMI 2.0 (which it does). So I don't think there is any reason for you to be concerned.
Jerry, in your response, wouldn't the 4K streaming player with the necessary codec (H.265) need to be plugged into the HDMI 4 with HDCP 2.2 input since it would require HDCP 2.2 not just any HDMI 2.0 input?
post #11242 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Jerry, in your response, wouldn't the 4K streaming player with the necessary codec (H.265) need to be plugged into the HDMI 4 with HDCP 2.2 input since it would require HDCP 2.2 not just any HDMI 2.0 input?
No one knows if the future 3rd party player will require 2.2
post #11243 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Has anyone experimented with taking the TV sound out thru the headphone connection and passing it thru an AVR for processing? I am doing this for TV broadcasts. I am using legacy equipment with no hdmi connections. In fact I am using 1970s quadraphonic processing to create a 4 speaker surround field for listening. It is just wonderful for most tv broadcasts. The only downside is sometimes the dialog gets buried in the sound field without a dedicated center speaker. To me the sound is not compressed at all, something a Sony tech support guy warned me about when asked. I have learned now not to rely on the veracity of any Sony statements, especially after they said the 55x900a had full HD 3D....

In playing with my new 900a I noticed movies looked excessively bright and washed out while TV broadcasts looked fine. In checking the setting I found it was on vivid! I don't know how anyone could enjoy this setting. I immediately programmed in Austinjerrys settings and noticed a world of difference. Avatar 3D no longer looked washed out. Madmen looks a little dark to me in some scenes. I will have to play with this more.
Also, moving up from a 55 to a 65 seems to highlight more out of focus or soft scenes. Just like an audiophile sound system it shows more of the faults.

Clearly the 3D on this set is magnificent. I watched the Avengers in 3D with my soon to be 6 year old and I could see everything. I watched the hokey Tahiti 3D and saw some stunning 3D effects. It actually hurt my eyes to take in the entire depth of field. I will reiterate that I can never go back to watching 3D on the 55x900a model after this. I guess I paid a lot just to watch good 3D......

I just purchased Dial M for Murder in 3D so that will be up next after I rewatch the Life of Pi 3D on this set...

As the guy said in Avatar after waking up for the first time in his new body, "This is Great!"
Pixel Dude likes this.
post #11244 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I am not sure that anyone has tested this out, but I would be concerned if my display did not have a HDCP 2.2 HDMI4 port. And since you can't get the free field upgrade without the Sony player, I would proceed with caution.
I just want to add that I did get a free field upgrade on my 55x without buying the X1 player. It took several phone calls to Sony but they did send a team out to do it. Without fixing this they have knowingly sold you a defective product they corrected in later production runs.
post #11245 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Is this field upgrade necessary only for the 900A series TVs? I have one each 900A and 850A and I'm wondering if the 850A needs to be upgraded as well.....
post #11246 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post
Has anyone experimented with taking the TV sound out thru the headphone connection and passing it thru an AVR for processing? I am doing this for TV broadcasts. I am using legacy equipment with no hdmi connections. In fact I am using 1970s quadraphonic processing to create a 4 speaker surround field for listening. It is just wonderful for most tv broadcasts. The only downside is sometimes the dialog gets buried in the sound field without a dedicated center speaker. To me the sound is not compressed at all, something a Sony tech support guy warned me about when asked. I have learned now not to rely on the veracity of any Sony statements, especially after they said the 55x900a had full HD 3D....

In playing with my new 900a I noticed movies looked excessively bright and washed out while TV broadcasts looked fine. In checking the setting I found it was on vivid! I don't know how anyone could enjoy this setting. I immediately programmed in Austinjerrys settings and noticed a world of difference. Avatar 3D no longer looked washed out. Madmen looks a little dark to me in some scenes. I will have to play with this more.
Also, moving up from a 55 to a 65 seems to highlight more out of focus or soft scenes. Just like an audiophile sound system it shows more of the faults.

Clearly the 3D on this set is magnificent. I watched the Avengers in 3D with my soon to be 6 year old and I could see everything. I watched the hokey Tahiti 3D and saw some stunning 3D effects. It actually hurt my eyes to take in the entire depth of field. I will reiterate that I can never go back to watching 3D on the 55x900a model after this. I guess I paid a lot just to watch good 3D......

I just purchased Dial M for Murder in 3D so that will be up next after I rewatch the Life of Pi 3D on this set...

As the guy said in Avatar after waking up for the first time in his new body, "This is Great!"
I am currently using the optical out (TOSLINK) of the TV and connecting it to an optical to SPDIF converter and then into my legacy DVD player / 5.1 system that I bought for my 1 bedroom condo. I am saving my pennies for a nice 7.1 system that I plan to buy in 2015/16
post #11247 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel View Post
Interesting. Is there something about the panel on the 65” that causes increased ghosting compared to the average 120hz LCD? Does anyone know how the 2014 4K models handle gaming?

Beach Camera gives people 45 days on returns so I can spend a little figuring it out. I just wish Impulse mode was available, it would solve all the problems.
2014 panels have a faster response time so there will be less. I think the impulse mode is available on the 2014 in game mode but I'll have to double check.
post #11248 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post

You can use the headphone out, there is a setting in the tv to change it to audio out so when it's plugged in the tv speakers will stay on and the volume on the tv will be separate.
post #11249 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 47
If anyone is looking for a laptop that happens to output 4k, Staples has a Toshiba laptop for $749. It doesn't have a UHD screen but under specifications it states 4k output.
post #11250 of 12619 Old 07-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Just a hunch,

But I highly, highly! doubt HDCP 2.2 will be a requirement or necessary for 4K Blu-ray in the near future. To many 4K sets on the market without it already. The only thing you'll need to worry about in the next couple of years as far as 4K compatability goes is HDMI 2.0. ..The biggest area of general concern with HDMI 2.0 is in people's AVR's. Either folks are going to have to upgrade, or hope the manufacturer had some foresight and will be able to update via a firmware patch..

Edit : Just to be more specific, Sony is requiring it (HDCP) for use with their players. It's not an industry wide standard that's been adopted in the display industry. All about content control...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited by TweakerInWA; 07-21-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 65x900a by PriceGrabber.com