Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 377 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #11281 of 11300 Unread Today, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Is that a recent change?
When I bought mine last October, there was a price drop 63 days later, and they gave me a 500 dollars credit when I went in to ask...
You seriously lucked out. 63 days for a price match is just insane. I cannot think of a single retailer that does more than 15 days, not even amazon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11282 of 11300 Unread Today, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I think back then, their policy was 45 days for elite members, but I thought I had nothing to lose by asking..

Have they really lowered the number of days to 14 for EVERYONE, including Elite members?
post #11283 of 11300 Unread Today, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
I think back then, their policy was 45 days for elite members, but I thought I had nothing to lose by asking..

Have they really lowered the number of days to 14 for EVERYONE, including Elite members?
No they have not.
It is still 45 days for an elite plus member.
wase4711 likes this.
post #11284 of 11300 Unread Today, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
No they have not.
It is still 45 days for an elite plus member.
I will clear up the confusion.

There is elite and elite plus.

All levels of membership have a 15 day price match. That is what they have always done.

The free membership has a 15 day return policy.
Elite has a 30 day return policy.
Elite Plus has a 45 day return policy.

You may luck out and get a price match past 15 days if you are elite/elite plus. If they are not willing to price match past 15 days, you could return the product and re-buy it. If you did not that for a price match, they may charge you a re-stocking free which would totally defeat the purpose.
post #11285 of 11300 Unread Today, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

I've gone out of my way to meet and become friendly with the GM/MGMT. "team" at my local Best Buy, which probably is a good idea for when you ask for "special" considerations from them..
post #11286 of 11300 Unread Today, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've gone out of my way to meet and become friendly with the GM/MGMT. "team" at my local Best Buy, which probably is a good idea for when you ask for "special" considerations from them..
Agreed. When you are buying expensive TVs and equipment from them, it is impossible not to know the staff. They usually will provide you with some special treatment . When I bought my TV on a Friday, they called the warehouse and had it delivered at 8:30am that saturday with free delivery.
post #11287 of 11300 Unread Today, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

that's impressive.

I make sure that EVERY time I am in their store, I stop by and say hello to them, so they see I am in there all the time; it doesn't matter if I am buying or looking, but they see me all the time in there, so when I need a "favor", I go right to the store mgr, and they usually go above and beyond the rules to help me out, if I need some "special" dispensation..
Mattopotamus likes this.
post #11288 of 11300 Unread Today, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I was just curious if anyone is planning to ditch their x900 and get the Samsung UN105S9W.
post #11289 of 11300 Unread Today, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Sony X900A and X850A

I was hoping that owners could advise on a comment I received from Best Buy on the Sony 4K TV. They said that the picture on upscaling is good but the picture starts to degrade more (blur/sharpness) on fast action sports like football. Best buy said that 1080P set are better for fast action sports like football. Do any of you agree or disagree with this? Is any 4K set worse than the other in this area? I am really concerned about the upscaling of cable signal of 1080I on football, it is an inportant aspet to me. Would a 1080P set be better for sports /football? Thanks.
post #11290 of 11300 Unread Today, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I will clear up the confusion.

There is elite and elite plus.

All levels of membership have a 15 day price match. That is what they have always done.

The free membership has a 15 day return policy.
Elite has a 30 day return policy.
Elite Plus has a 45 day return policy.

You may luck out and get a price match past 15 days if you are elite/elite plus. If they are not willing to price match past 15 days, you could return the product and re-buy it. If you did not that for a price match, they may charge you a re-stocking free which would totally defeat the purpose.

Called back and in a very calm, reasoned tone, explained that I was elite (by virtue of the tv purchase) and that I could return the TV but didn't want to leave them with an open box item. She came back and have me the $200 off.

When dealing with CS, it pays to be nice vs the jerks some people are
wase4711 likes this.

Last edited by Duke02; Today at 01:10 PM.
post #11291 of 11300 Unread Today, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_purdue View Post
I was just curious if anyone is planning to ditch their x900 and get the Samsung UN105S9W.
Why, you looking to buy?
(in my best Walter White voice)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited by TweakerInWA; Today at 01:03 PM.
post #11292 of 11300 Unread Today, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Redmere HDMI connectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by

I also received my Monoprice "Ultra-Slim" HDMI cables with "Redmere technology" today. [URL
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJHBMSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/URL] First time I've tried the Monoprice line, I can however state that are indeed "Ultra-Slim", must have reduced the weight in cables behind my stand by a pound lol l
I have some heavy , stiff, HDMI cables and I am wondering if that is why I have trouble with switching my receiver right away to a different HDMI source, like from Dish Network receiver to Oppo 93. I usually need to plug and unplug cables one or more times to get the HDMI signal to be "noise bar/heavy static" free. Same thing happens with my splitter to either my TV or my front projector. I am going to the receiver from the two sources and one cable out of the receiver to my Darblet then to a splitter to go to the TV and the Front Projector. Every time I go to change from tv to projector or from dish to oppo, I have to chase the bad connection. Any thoughts? Might the thin more flexible Redmere cables be a good way to get more trouble free connections?

Bill Shenefelt
http://sheneskillies.com
william.shenefelt@verizon.net
post #11293 of 11300 Unread Today, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Just got my replacement panel from the previous mentioned banding issues and of course this panel was made an earlier model by a couple months Jan 14 build date. Also, I have a dead pixel and some more banding this time across the whole screen (horizontal) towards the bottom. Already called Sony for an exchange, here we go again. 6th time the charm!
post #11294 of 11300 Unread Today, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Shenefelt View Post
I have some heavy , stiff, HDMI cables and I am wondering if that is why I have trouble with switching my receiver right away to a different HDMI source, like from Dish Network receiver to Oppo 93. I usually need to plug and unplug cables one or more times to get the HDMI signal to be "noise bar/heavy static" free. Same thing happens with my splitter to either my TV or my front projector. I am going to the receiver from the two sources and one cable out of the receiver to my Darblet then to a splitter to go to the TV and the Front Projector. Every time I go to change from tv to projector or from dish to oppo, I have to chase the bad connection. Any thoughts? Might the thin more flexible Redmere cables be a good way to get more trouble free connections?
I would put my money on the splitter. ..I had a switch in my setup that was giving me all kinds of grief. It was one of the main reasons I recently picked up an Onkyo 838 (more HDMI inputs/dual out's)... You could try the cables, they are decent, light and perform as expected. But might want to take a look at the splitter first..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited by TweakerInWA; Today at 03:00 PM.
post #11295 of 11300 Unread Today, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Several months ago, I replaced all of my HDMI cables with Redmere cables from Monoprice. I replaced the cables primarily because the Redmere ones are significantly thinner and less bulky. Especially in the distances up to and including 15 feet, the cables are almost as thin as spaghetti. The longer cables are thicker, but still considerably less bulky than the BlueJeans cables they replaced. For the short cable runs in my equipment cabinet, the Redmeres are a definite improvement.

Whether the Redmere cables resolve the issues you are having would be difficult to predict. It may well be worth a try, and you will have some nice cables one way or the other.
post #11296 of 11300 Unread Today, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuadros86 View Post
Just got my replacement panel from the previous mentioned banding issues and of course this panel was made an earlier model by a couple months Jan 14 build date. Also, I have a dead pixel and some more banding this time across the whole screen (horizontal) towards the bottom. Already called Sony for an exchange, here we go again. 6th time the charm!
I have not seen the horizontal banding. I honestly think the vertical banding is a problem with the panels. 4 for me, all with banding. Once you know what content displays it, it is hard to ignore.

Waiting to hear from Sony if they will let me swap it for a different model.

I am highly considering the 850b b.c I know it is a totally different panel.
post #11297 of 11300 Unread Today, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is the XBR-X900A worth getting as a refurb directly from Sony as they are pretty much impossible to find new now? Or just go for one of the newer models?
post #11298 of 11300 Unread Today, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I have not seen the horizontal banding. I honestly think the vertical banding is a problem with the panels. 4 for me, all with banding. Once you know what content displays it, it is hard to ignore.

Waiting to hear from Sony if they will let me swap it for a different model.

I am highly considering the 850b b.c I know it is a totally different panel.
Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but told the Sony rep to document my build dates and requested the new 900B. I doubt it'll happen but no harm in trying.
post #11299 of 11300 Unread Today, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuadros86 View Post
Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but told the Sony rep to document my build dates and requested the new 900B. I doubt it'll happen but no harm in trying.
I didn't even try for a 900b since I only paid $2899. Plus many others noted the same banding.
post #11300 of 11300 Unread Today, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Several months ago, I replaced all of my HDMI cables with Redmere cables from Monoprice. I replaced the cables primarily because the Redmere ones are significantly thinner and less bulky. Especially in the distances up to and including 15 feet, the cables are almost as thin as spaghetti. The longer cables are thicker, but still considerably less bulky than the BlueJeans cables they replaced. For the short cable runs in my equipment cabinet, the Redmeres are a definite improvement.

Whether the Redmere cables resolve the issues you are having would be difficult to predict. It may well be worth a try, and you will have some nice cables one way or the other.
What Jerry said here X's 1000...

I was on my way out the door from work when I responded earlier... But just to be clear, I would remove the splitter from the equation first, and see if you still have a hard time switching HDMI inputs and establishing a connection between components. Some of these HDMI splitters/switches are notorious as being the culprit in the frequent cause of handshake issues and signal drops. If that's not the issue then try cables. As Jerry pointed out they're a decent investment anyway for the price-point , they significantly reduce clutter and make things much neater in appearance, as well as cable management much less of a headache.... Either way, let us know what you come up with !!!

Last edited by TweakerInWA; Today at 02:58 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread