Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 378 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #11311 of 11315 Old Today, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Right, scratch all that, looks like it was a false alarm.

Sony's repair group apparently misinterpreted the lead time for the HDCP 2.2 board, and the B series swaps should never have been offered to customers. They may still have to honour the swaps that have already been mooted, but because I missed the call yesterday offering the swap, I'm SOOL.

How abso-****ing-lutely typical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11312 of 11315 Old Today, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Right, scratch all that, looks like it was a false alarm.

Sony's repair group apparently misinterpreted the lead time for the HDCP 2.2 board, and the B series swaps should never have been offered to customers. They may still have to honour the swaps that have already been mooted, but because I missed the call yesterday offering the swap, I'm SOOL.

How abso-****ing-lutely typical.
Damn, what a huge let down.
post #11313 of 11315 Old Today, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

As I said before (many times, in fact): Sony couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Only they would offer people a brand new TV costing £2700/£3600 in lieu of a part that costs a mere Benjamin which, if not in stock at their own end, is readily available from overseas vendors. And then they realised their mistake: apparently the parts are due in September, same time as the X5 is to be released - not July/August as originally thought - which is a handy coincidence, because if I were able to buy an X5 right now I'd still need to wait a minimum of 5 weeks for my TV to be upgraded, which is over and above the 28 days limit for parts that Sony have before offering a swap.

Words can't express how pissed off I am, to be honest. All because I missed one phone call.
post #11314 of 11315 Old Today, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
As I said before (many times, in fact): Sony couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. Only they would offer people a brand new TV costing £2700/£3600 in lieu of a part that costs a mere Benjamin which, if not in stock at their own end, is readily available from overseas vendors. And then they realised their mistake: apparently the parts are due in September, same time as the X5 is to be released - not July/August as originally thought - which is a handy coincidence, because if I were able to buy an X5 right now I'd still need to wait a minimum of 5 weeks for my TV to be upgraded, which is over and above the 28 days limit for parts that Sony have before offering a swap.

Words can't express how pissed off I am, to be honest. All because I missed one phone call.
This is the first time I can remember where you have expressed more than a modicum of displeasure at the 55 passive. Have you seen the 65 3d in action? I only ask because I have no idea what the 55 experience would look like from 8.5 ft, having never seen the model.
post #11315 of 11315 Old Today, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

I've mentioned the aliasing before. The 3D is still some of the best I've ever seen, don't get me wrong, but the aliasing always catches my eye and given all the other considerations like 4K USB playback I'd have gone for a B series if offered for free!

Too late now though, and I don't have the time or money to faff about selling my A series (for a HUGE loss) and then buying a B series (same rationale as to why I won't buy a 65A, also they're nowhere near as cheap as they are in the US).
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page