Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 379 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #11341 of 12126 Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Could be next week. They probably weren't gonna add it just yet but Microsoft said they are adding it in the next update

I daydream about 4k streaming on ps4. Supposedly it has the stuff to do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 12126 Old 07-23-2014, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote=Soycrema;25988578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottman View Post
Apparently Sony disagrees since they even went to the trouble of putting a "football" mode button on the remote for 2014 models.

Actually, I think the website says you can do a pricematch to bestbuy's own price ONCE within your return period, so the time limit does vary depending on your elite status. Don't let them try to pull a restocking fee on you. Match to other stores must be at purchase time, and post-purchase you are only supposed to get one adjustment. But of course they do whatever they feel like letting you do, which is generally the most restrictive rule they can think of unless you point out terms on their website for them, since most BB reps have less than a high school education and can't even type. And make sure you get some confirmation # of whatever they say they are doing and keep track it gets done, or otherwise it won't get done.

Went to Best Buy this afternoon and got them to do a price match for the SECOND TIME. I bought my 65X on 5/31, went back for a $200 price match on 6/18 and then again today. The rep did tell me that they only allow it within 15 days but would try and put it in the computer anyways to "see if it worked" Well it did and walked out a happy customer with an extra $200 in my pocket
Lucky you.. I tried and they said I was too late ...
post #11343 of 12126 Old 07-23-2014, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTuell View Post
Has anybody had any problems with the screen mirroring? I used my Galaxy S4 and it worked fine a few weeks ago. Now it won't work. The S4 can see the BraviaXBR... and says connecting, but nothing happens. I unregistered the device from the TV and tried to reregister it and it does not show up. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
CPTuell
I have the same problem with my laptop. I got it to work once, and then never again. Tried the same as you - removing the device from the tv and trying to repair it - no luck. Have not tried to mirror my Galaxy S5, though I suspect I will have the same trouble. I eventually gave up and decided its something I will not use much or care about. That said, please share if you find a fix, as it would be convenient for the occasional use.
post #11344 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
Hey bro im dying to get my hands on the Noah 3d blu ray. I cant imagine how good it would look on this set. Would you mind guiding me in the right direction?
I was able to pick this up on preorder from yesasia.com - region-free

http://www.yesasia.com/us/noah-2014-...0-en/info.html
post #11345 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don´t know about shipping costs, or shipping speed, but you could always use the german Amazon, www.amazon.de, to order your copy of Noah 3D. We actually get a standard amaray and a steelbook and it should be english friendly...

BTW: Did someone notice any changes after the latest firmware update? Not quality wise, but what was changed?
post #11346 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 04:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybris69 View Post
I don´t know about shipping costs, or shipping speed, but you could always use the german Amazon, www.amazon.de, to order your copy of Noah 3D. We actually get a standard amaray and a steelbook and it should be english friendly...

BTW: Did someone notice any changes after the latest firmware update? Not quality wise, but what was changed?
It does have an English track but I don't know any German and Amazon.de doesn't make it clear that it is region free - at least that I can understand.
post #11347 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 AM

Never thought about region coding the other way round (being from Germany)... Sorry, but as soon as I get a copy I´ll get back to you, for those that can wait the extra time. I have a US player, so I can check whether it works or not.
post #11348 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 193
What is the purpose of the "IR In" and "Serial Control" on the rear of the television. Can you just plug in an LED IR extender and have it send remote control signals aimed at the TV?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	12
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	177954  
post #11349 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
What is the purpose of the "IR In" and "Serial Control" on the rear of the television. Can you just plug in an LED IR extender and have it send remote control signals aimed at the TV?
That would be my guess. I had a samsung TV in the past, and that is exactly what it was used for.
post #11350 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 06:26 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:

Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG4.430AAA) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version PKG4.411AAA:
Improves performance and stability of the Internet features
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG4.430AAA:
Improves stability of the Screen Mirroring function
Improves the login function for the Skype® online calling service
Provides HDMI® 2.0 compatibility (Applies to 4K models only)
Supports 4K 60p (3840X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit, 4096X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit)
Improves stability of the sound output with a Blu-ray Disc™ player using an HDMI connection

From http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...3#/downloadTab
post #11351 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 06:55 AM

In Europe we got PKG4.440EUA yesterday...
post #11352 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidFire501 View Post
I have the same problem with my laptop. I got it to work once, and then never again. Tried the same as you - removing the device from the tv and trying to repair it - no luck. Have not tried to mirror my Galaxy S5, though I suspect I will have the same trouble. I eventually gave up and decided its something I will not use much or care about. That said, please share if you find a fix, as it would be convenient for the occasional use.

Will do. I think it is a S4 problem. My wife has the exact same phone and the Mirroring works just fine. However I did see in this thread that the last FW update did something to supposedly improve Screen Mirroring. Samsung remotely went into my phone and changed some settings but it did not help. Got disconnected from them will try again.

CPTuell
" I'm a man, I can change, If I have to......I guess."
Words to live by. From the Red Green Show...The Man's Prayer
post #11353 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 08:56 AM

Liked: 0
Bricked TV has froced me to unplug from the wall

This has happened 3 times already with my 65X900A while accessing my DLNA servers
First I'm watching a movie and out of nowhere if I press return or home (I assume every other button will do the same)
The TV enters some sort of sleep mode and if I press something on the remote the LED will blink but that's it.
If I turn OFF and back ON it remains the same so I unplug from wall and plug it back it starts working fine again.

This problem is starting to get to my nerves cuz it's really frustrating to see a high end TV that answers to the remote functions with just a blinking LED light

Has anyone here experienced something like this???
post #11354 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDeuS View Post
This has happened 3 times already with my 65X900A while accessing my DLNA servers
First I'm watching a movie and out of nowhere if I press return or home (I assume every other button will do the same)
The TV enters some sort of sleep mode and if I press something on the remote the LED will blink but that's it.
If I turn OFF and back ON it remains the same so I unplug from wall and plug it back it starts working fine again.

This problem is starting to get to my nerves cuz it's really frustrating to see a high end TV that answers to the remote functions with just a blinking LED light

Decipher the blinking light and answers you will have (in my best Yoda voice)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
post #11355 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What DLNA server do you use. I use PC free Tversity - a very old version before they bundled in all of the codecs. Sony TV recognized it as soon as it was on the network and never had a problem once (pics and vids at least)
post #11356 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

Look at your eco settings.
There is an option to have the TV go to sleep if it detects nobody in the room. I have this disabled on my TV and have never experienced this but it sounds like that is what may be happening in your case.
post #11357 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 30
While there seems to be a lull in the forum . How about some advice on the sound settings on my 65X900A (from folks that are actually using them)? I see that there is an equalizer, etc in the audio settings. I use the TV speakers for Dish Network, Netflix, Amazon.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Gerry
post #11358 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
While there seems to be a lull in the forum . How about some advice on the sound settings on my 65X900A (from folks that are actually using them)? I see that there is an equalizer, etc in the audio settings. I use the TV speakers for Dish Network, Netflix, Amazon.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Gerry
First thing is add more gain at the preamp input. Use "volume offset" and raise it to max or almost max. Season to taste on EQ, but a boost in the low end helps, and dialogue can be brought forward in the third and fourth EQ bands. For a bit more snap, tweek the high end.

I don't use any of the other options.
post #11359 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 12:45 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchn View Post
What DLNA server do you use. I use PC free Tversity - a very old version before they bundled in all of the codecs. Sony TV recognized it as soon as it was on the network and never had a problem once (pics and vids at least)
I use Plex Media Server. LOVE IT!!!
post #11360 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 12:53 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post
Decipher the blinking light and answers you will have (in my best Yoda voice)
OK thanks I'll let you know if the path of light bring any answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchn View Post
Well Actually I already tried these 4: Serviio(most compatible), Plex(Most features), Tversity, Mediabrowser
Problem reproduced on the first two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
Look at your eco settings.
There is an option to have the TV go to sleep if it detects nobody in the room. I have this disabled on my TV and have never experienced this but it sounds like that is what may be happening in your case.
You are totally right I also assumed that was the problem and checked my ECO settings and had it like this:
Power Savings off
Scene Select Sync off
Light Sensor on
Idle TV standyby 2hr
Auto Shut-off on

The thing is if I let the TV idle it turns off as it should and then I can Turn back on no problems.
But when the problem occurs it's always watching a movie over DLNA, I press return or whatever and it shuts the screen OFF like when you press "PIC. OFF", afterwards I can Turn OFF the TV and back on and still get the regular white LED that blinks if you press a button on the remote but that's it, unplug from wall and lug back in so I get the antenna input and everything back to normal.

Now I'm trying with the last 2 options at echo screen OFF It's been like that a day or so, "Crossing Fingers"
post #11361 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Has anyone experienced something like this?

When watching regular TV, an artificial "seam" would appear directly down the center of the image. I noticed it on a car commercial when a car drives by, and it looks like there is a slight distortion causing the left and right half of the screen to be slightly out of sync. It is hard to describe without a picture, but the best I can think of is in a scifi movie where a person walks through a force field or something, there is a little blurred distortion as you see their body move through the field with one part of their body going through first but a slight delay from the other side. I saw it during at least 2 commercials so I don't think it was the actual commercial. I turned off motionflow from standard and cinemotion and it seemed to go away. I turned them back on and haven't seen that effect since. Does anyone think motionflow or other processing works like that on only half of the screen at once to cause this?
post #11362 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottman View Post
Has anyone experienced something like this?

When watching regular TV, an artificial "seam" would appear directly down the center of the image. I noticed it on a car commercial when a car drives by, and it looks like there is a slight distortion causing the left and right half of the screen to be slightly out of sync. It is hard to describe without a picture, but the best I can think of is in a scifi movie where a person walks through a force field or something, there is a little blurred distortion as you see their body move through the field with one part of their body going through first but a slight delay from the other side. I saw it during at least 2 commercials so I don't think it was the actual commercial. I turned off motionflow from standard and cinemotion and it seemed to go away. I turned them back on and haven't seen that effect since. Does anyone think motionflow or other processing works like that on only half of the screen at once to cause this?
It sounds more like an effect similar to side by side 3D.
That puts 2 images on the screen beside each other.
post #11363 of 12126 Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Never thought about region coding the other way round (being from Germany)... Sorry, but as soon as I get a copy I´ll get back to you, for those that can wait the extra time. I have a US player, so I can check whether it works or not.
Paramount releases are region free, so should be ok, but you can confirm thanks
post #11364 of 12126 Old 07-25-2014, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 65
hi peoples just wondering can I plug my Computer into the HDMI port of the TV so I get 4K resolution and still get the 7.1 sound signal to the AVR via the ARC HDMI from the TV? I have a Denon X4000 but I think 4K isnt working well through it. Any help would be great. Cheers

TV: SONY 65" 4K X900 - AVR: DENON AVR x4000 - AMP: ROTEL RMB 1585 5Ch 200w - OPPO 103D BD PLAYER
CENTRE: KEF Q600c - FRONT L/R: KEF Q900 - WIDE FRONT L/R: KEF Q300
SURROUND L/R: KEF Q800DS's - SURROUND BACK L/R: MINX 21's
SUB: SVS PC13-ULTRA
post #11365 of 12126 Old 07-25-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Does anyone know how I would be able to see my MacBook Pro laptop screen show up on the Sony set either wireless or hard wired.
Is there some sort of software I need to download or set up settings on my Mac?
post #11366 of 12126 Old 07-25-2014, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ooo de la
post #11367 of 12126 Old 07-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
Does anyone know how I would be able to see my MacBook Pro laptop screen show up on the Sony set either wireless or hard wired.
Is there some sort of software I need to download or set up settings on my Mac?
Should be able to use screen mirroring, I use it running my Sony Tap 21(biggest damn tablet ever ) to the TV. I'm not familiar with Apple products, but assume it should have a similar function (name)..Check in the display properties of the Mac, should be something referring to screen sharing. .

post #11368 of 12126 Old 07-25-2014, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuadros86 View Post
Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but told the Sony rep to document my build dates and requested the new 900B. I doubt it'll happen but no harm in trying.
Just to update you, they granted my request to change models. It was nearly an identical price swap though. They did ask if I wanted the 900b for $700 more, so it still would have been cheaper than buying the 900b at a store by nearly $800.

Sony had my original purchases price higher. I later got a price match, that is why the 900 was offered so cheap.
post #11369 of 12126 Old 07-25-2014, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post
Should be able to use screen mirroring, I use it running my Sony Tap 21(biggest damn tablet ever ) to the TV. I'm not familiar with Apple products, but assume it should have a similar function (name)..Check in the display properties of the Mac, should be something referring to screen sharing. .

Thanks for your reply. Don't see any mention of screen mirroring on the Mac laptop nor any app named that. I was hoping the Sony would see it as a device since I have sharing "on' in the Mac settings but it doesn't see it like it does with my iPhone.
Perhaps it's not possible.

Edit--On further investigation it appears it will only work with an Apple TV. That is so typical of Apple.

Last edited by dreaux; 07-25-2014 at 05:29 PM.
post #11370 of 12126 Old 07-25-2014, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just ordered the 65" from bestbuy. They dropped 200 more to 2699.99. I had already ordered the samsung 75" 6350 but for 70.00 more i wanted to try the 900a. So hopefully i love it but im at about 14" ft away.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 65x900a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page