Hello, everyone. I'm a long time lurker who has frequently relied on the conversations here to make informed decisions in support of my television purchasing "problem" (that's how my wife refers to it!). I was at BB over the weekend and they had a 65" 850a for 2100, so I took the plunge. Got the tv home, plugged in and...nada. It's not drawing any power at all -- pretty disappointing, and my first encounter with this kind of problem. Since this was their last unit, I am trying to decide whether to just return it (my obvious leaning at this point given my a version to paying 2100 for a unit that has to be repaired immediately) or if the tv is too good for the price to simply wash my hands and move on.
I currently have a 55" HX850 from 2012, which has been very solid, but I was looking to go a bit bigger! Do you have thoughts on overall PQ between these two tvs? If the difference is significant, then I might look at going through Sony to repair this unit, or take a look at the 850b for a bit more money. Appreciate any thoughts you may have.