Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 405 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12121 of 12129 Old 09-13-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 733
The Netflix content is 1080p, up-converted to 4K.

Who knows when other streaming options will become available?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12122 of 12129 Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro Natale View Post
Thanks AustinJerry - I'm not that stoked about paying Sony another $500 just so I can pay them $30 to rent a movie. About the external media player market, is it safe to assume that in the (hopefully near) future something will come onto the market that offers all the 4k content we could ever dream of for a reasonable price?

Side question; Is the 4k content I'm watching from YouTube not actually 4k? It looks significantly better than regular broadcast content from my cable provider (AT&T Uverse).
Unless the price is dropping tomorrow - which i hope it does since the spiderman promo ends today - it is $700 for the media player. The preorder promo was $500.
post #12123 of 12129 Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
Unless the price is dropping tomorrow - which i hope it does since the spiderman promo ends today - it is $700 for the media player. The preorder promo was $500.
Where did you see this price drop Mdjones? On the day I bought the TV I also put down a $50 deposit toward the FMP-X10 so that I could get it for $500 when it arrived in store. I've since decided to hold out on buying it though due to mixed reviews. It's been my hope that another product (like Apple TV) might be a better option...

Question for you guys; Are the short 4k/UHD videos I've been watching from YouTube through Chromecast actually displaying in 4k? The video quality looks significantly better than other content.
post #12124 of 12129 Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 98
you are not seeing them in "native" 4k; they are 1080p, upconverted by your tv to 4k..
we still can't see any "real" 4k on this tv, other than through the overpriced media server..
Mdjones9137 likes this.
post #12125 of 12129 Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Where did you see this price drop Mdjones? On the day I bought the TV I also put down a $50 deposit toward the FMP-X10 so that I could get it for $500 when it arrived in store. I've since decided to hold out on buying it though due to mixed reviews. It's been my hope that another product (like Apple TV) might be a better option...

Question for you guys; Are the short 4k/UHD videos I've been watching from YouTube through Chromecast actually displaying in 4k? The video quality looks significantly better than other content.
It has not dropped yet - but i have no doubt it will soon. My comment was in response to someone saying 500 was steep for the player and i was saying it was 700.

Something filmed in 4K and then played in 1080P is going to usually look better than something filmed in 1080p. You are not watching it in 4K though. Hit the display button on the TV while watching your Cromecast and it will show you the resolution of the signal being fed to the TV.
wase4711 likes this.
post #12126 of 12129 Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
you are not seeing them in "native" 4k; they are 1080p, upconverted by your tv to 4k..
we still can't see any "real" 4k on this tv, other than through the overpriced media server..
True dat.
post #12127 of 12129 Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
True dat.
Quote:
That makes me very sad and now I feel kind of foolish considering how many friends I've sat in front of this damn tv and told they're watching 4k!!! . So since I didn't buy the stupid media player I've never actually seen my $4000 tv play 4k content!!! Truly embarrassing.

How confident are you guys that the FMP-X10 is the best media player on the market? Now that I've waited this long should I just hold out a little longer?

Side note, did anyone see the new Vizio P Series is available for pre order at Best Buy. The friggin 70 inch was $2499 I believe. Now that's a kick in the pants. Please tell me that panel is **** compared to our Sony's!
post #12128 of 12129 Old Today, 04:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
That makes me very sad and now I feel kind of foolish considering how many friends I've sat in front of this damn tv and told they're watching 4k!!! . So since I didn't buy the stupid media player I've never actually seen my $4000 tv play 4k content!!! Truly embarrassing.

How confident are you guys that the FMP-X10 is the best media player on the market? Now that I've waited this long should I just hold out a little longer?

Side note, did anyone see the new Vizio P Series is available for pre order at Best Buy. The friggin 70 inch was $2499 I believe. Now that's a kick in the pants. Please tell me that panel is **** compared to our Sony's!
don't worry; your friends will never know!

that media player is not the best by any means, buts its the only way to get 4k on this tv right now..

can't speak about the Vizio, since I have never seen it, but most of us here will say this TV is still the best set out there now..
post #12129 of 12129 Old Today, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
don't worry; your friends will never know!

that media player is not the best by any means, buts its the only way to get 4k on this tv right now..

can't speak about the Vizio, since I have never seen it, but most of us here will say this TV is still the best set out there now..
The Vizio does not have 3d. That could impact people's decision About this set.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 65x900a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page