Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 407 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12181 of 12189 Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0182 View Post
Does anyone have just a Sub woofer connected to this TV? If so, which one and how would you rate it?

Can any owners suggest a Sub woofer for this TV? Or do the majority of you just use a completely separate audio system/receiver?

Thanks!
I have this same question, the new wireless sony one wont work on our 900a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12182 of 12189 Old Today, 03:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I know that someone in this thread found out a way to get some kind of subwoofer to work on this TV, but generally speaking you can NOT use a stand alone sub with this tv, and yes, the majority of people here use a separate sound system with this tv, even though most will acknowledge that this tv has the best sound of any TV we have ever owned..
post #12183 of 12189 Old Today, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0182 View Post
Does anyone have just a Sub woofer connected to this TV? If so, which one and how would you rate it?

Can any owners suggest a Sub woofer for this TV? Or do the majority of you just use a completely separate audio system/receiver?

Thanks!
I believe the only way to connect one is to use the audio out/headphone jack. I don't know if you can adjust the frequency range outputted. I use it for headphone listening but also take the sound out and run it thru my surround sound system that is non hdmi. It works out well.
post #12184 of 12189 Old Today, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Is anyone using a Asus VivoPC VM60 to output video to their TV. The new version of XBMC (Kodi) is supposed to have a HEVC codec built in. I can't find any info if the VivoPC VM60 uses HDMI 1.4a or HDMI 2.0. If it is only 1.4a then eventually Asus or some other manufacture will make one with HDMI 2.0. It is only a matter of time.

I really think have a Home Theater PC is the way to go since we can keep them current by updating and installing new software.

Here are some reference links if you all want to research along with me.

http://xbmc.org/
http://www.asus.com/us/ASUS_VivoPC/VivoPC_VM60/
post #12185 of 12189 Old Today, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_purdue View Post

I really think have a Home Theater PC is the way to go since we can keep them current by updating and installing new software.

Here are some reference links if you all want to research along with me.

http://xbmc.org/
http://www.asus.com/us/ASUS_VivoPC/VivoPC_VM60/
Not familiar with the Vivo PC, but after taking a look at the link, not sure I'd go this route for a HTPC, but it looks like a decent little thing I could put to use somewhere. Have you looked at DROBO's ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
post #12186 of 12189 Old Today, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post
Not familiar with the Vivo PC, but after taking a look at the link, not sure I'd go this route for a HTPC, but it looks like a decent little thing I could put to use somewhere. Have you looked at DROBO's ?

I have a file server and a wired network at my home. I just wanted a piece of hardware to get the video from the server, decode it, and output in 4K to the TV. I have also experimented with Plex and the NAS aren't powerful enough to transcode video to multiple sources so you are best off using a dedicated media server. I noticed the Nvidia 970 and 980 cards can output 4k @ 60Hz over hdmi 2.0 but obviously the Vivo PC doesn't come with this. Not sure what the first piece of hardware that will come out that can output 4k to the TV other than the official Sony player. Perhaps we will all just have to wait for the 4K bluray players to come out in 2015.

Drobo seems to just be a NAS without any video output capability. The Vivo PC I was showing would have XBMC installed and set as a start up service so the moment you turned it on the software would run and you could access your movies either from your network or stored directly onto the Vivo PC. It is essentially a personal computer. If a new codec were to ever come out, you simply just install it and then it can play the video that is encoded in that format.

Last edited by eric_purdue; Today at 02:40 PM.
post #12187 of 12189 Old Today, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_purdue View Post
I have a file server and a wired network at my home. I just wanted a piece of hardware to get the video from the server, decode it, and output in 4K to the TV. I have also experimented with Plex and the NAS aren't powerful enough to transcode video to multiple sources so you are best off using a dedicated media server. I noticed the Nvidia 970 and 980 cards can output 4k @ 60Hz over hdmi 2.0 but obviously the Vivo PC doesn't come with this. Not sure what the first piece of hardware that will come out that can output 4k to the TV other than the official Sony player. Perhaps we will all just have to wait for the 4K bluray players to come out in 2015.

Drobo seems to just be a NAS without any video output capability. The Vivo PC I was showing would have XBMC installed and set as a start up service so the moment you turned it on the software would run and you could access your movies either from your network or stored directly onto the Vivo PC. It is essentially a personal computer. If a new codec were to ever come out, you simply just install it and then it can play the video that is encoded in that format.
Nice, I was looking at building an HTPC, but as you've pointed out, I kinda got bogged down when it came to the 4K side of the house. So I'm in standby mode waiting for something to grab my attention. Just not sure the Vivo in the brief glimpse I just had would address any of the 4k issues you've just pointed out. It just seems like another device that would get thrown to the side once something hits the market that's manufactured specifically to address 4K streaming. But I'm all ears!:thumbup:

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 65x900a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page