Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 409 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12241 of 12254 Old 09-30-2014, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a 55x900a. Am I right in assuming I can get House of Cards in 4K if I use Netflix app on the TV? I have a 100mb/s internet line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12242 of 12254 Old 09-30-2014, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun- View Post
I have a 55x900a. Am I right in assuming I can get House of Cards in 4K if I use Netflix app on the TV? I have a 100mb/s internet line.
Unfortunately not. You would need the X10 player to receive pure
4K Netflix streaming. However, HOC in up-scaled 1080p has a stunning PQ, so enjoy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12243 of 12254 Old 09-30-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Unfortunately not. You would need the X10 player to receive pure
4K Netflix streaming. However, HOC in up-scaled 1080p has a stunning PQ, so enjoy it.
There are some so called XBMC Andriod 4K players on eBay. I am assuming they will not work either, right?

Last edited by Shaun-; 09-30-2014 at 04:38 PM.
post #12244 of 12254 Old 09-30-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

From my perspective, uncharted territory. Your safe choices are to enjoy the excellent PQ of the up-scaled 1080p image (my recommendation), or shell out $500-700 for the media player (which is not a very good deal). Honestly, given the paucity of streaming 4K content at this time, and the quality of 1080p, you are better off sitting on the sidelines until other options become available.
RiED27880 likes this.

post #12245 of 12254 Old 09-30-2014, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
FYI. I'm a F1 racing fan and I just found out that the last grand prix race in Singapore was shot with 4k cameras for the first time. This is hopefully good news for the 4k TV world and hopefully we'll see more content trickle through that we can watch on our TV's. Hey, maybe I'll be able to stream a UHD signal for the final races of the season! (Pipe dream, I know).
post #12246 of 12254 Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Has anyone successfully paired any mobile phone with the 55X900A via bluetooth feature? My Andriod phone finds the TV on it's available bluetooth devices. It also gives me a four digit code but I don't seem to be able to find any place in the TV menus to put the code for the pairing to be completed.
post #12247 of 12254 Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 103
you cant connect a BT phone to this tv via bluetooth
post #12248 of 12254 Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
you cant connect a BT phone to this tv via bluetooth
So what is the TV's bluetooth feature used for?
post #12249 of 12254 Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Quick question about the free year of Netflix with the TV. Is there a period when the promotion will run out? The reason i ask is because I don't want to subscribe until Netflix rolls out their 4k service. I know it's a ways away, but I don't want to miss out on my free year...
I thought it was only 1 month free?
post #12250 of 12254 Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun- View Post
So what is the TV's bluetooth feature used for?
According to the manual you can only pair a bluetooth mouse - actually up to 3 of them - no joke - which is only available for browser apps.

Reminds me of a rhyme
3 blind mice
3 blind mice
wase4711 likes this.
post #12251 of 12254 Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post

Reminds me of a rhyme
3 blind mice
3 blind mice
LOL, good one
post #12252 of 12254 Old Today, 04:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Revisiting my bluray collection on this set has kept me pretty busy its hard to imagine how picture quality could get any better with true 4k with such FANTASTIC 1080p upscale engine. The Blacklist on Netflix in Super HD looks absolutely stunning! Patiently waiting on news this January for other 4k options other than the X-10 which by the sound of several folks on this thread isn't worth all that cash. I'm interested to see if other studios will jump in Sony's unlimited 4k service once they unlock the player for all UHD tvs though. That would be great IMO.
post #12253 of 12254 Old Today, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by baba Louey View Post
Thanks for the update. Let me know how you like the X5 after you give it a workout.
Well the FMP-X5 arrived yesterday. I inboxed it and had it hooked up in no time. I used a wired Internet connection. I used 2 HDMI cables, one direct to the TV in upgraded HDMI 4 port for video and the other cable directly to my receiver for 5.1 sound.

One nice feature is that the power button on the remote, turns both the X5 and the 900A TV on together and changed the input to HDMI4.

After the initial setup, there is only 2 applications available on the main screen. One is Netflix and the other is a video player. I did not get to play around with the video player yet, I'm hoping I can play videos from a USB stick or external HDD? We will see!

Netflix logged on just fine, found the UHD / 4K selections and they played straight away with incredible vivid color and crisp visuals. Unfortunately, the selection is rather small... Breaking Bad 5 seasons, House of Cards 2 seasons, and a short selection of 4K short nature films running around 30 mins each. No movies that I could find in 4K. But that being said all of the Super HD movies came thru quite amazingly good with the TV's upscale to 4K.

I will give another update once I've played around with the video player and USB stick loaded with 4K MP4's that I have downloaded off the net.
post #12254 of 12254 Old Today, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenthenry View Post
Well the FMP-X5 arrived yesterday. I inboxed it and had it hooked up in no time. I used a wired Internet connection. I used 2 HDMI cables, one direct to the TV in upgraded HDMI 4 port for video and the other cable directly to my receiver for 5.1 sound.

One nice feature is that the power button on the remote, turns both the X5 and the 900A TV on together and changed the input to HDMI4.

After the initial setup, there is only 2 applications available on the main screen. One is Netflix and the other is a video player. I did not get to play around with the video player yet, I'm hoping I can play videos from a USB stick or external HDD? We will see!

Netflix logged on just fine, found the UHD / 4K selections and they played straight away with incredible vivid color and crisp visuals. Unfortunately, the selection is rather small... Breaking Bad 5 seasons, House of Cards 2 seasons, and a short selection of 4K short nature films running around 30 mins each. No movies that I could find in 4K. But that being said all of the Super HD movies came thru quite amazingly good with the TV's upscale to 4K.

I will give another update once I've played around with the video player and USB stick loaded with 4K MP4's that I have downloaded off the net.
I am not familiar with the X5. Can it access the Sony Entertainment Network's 4K service?

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 65x900a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page