Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 414 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12391 of 12400 Old 10-25-2014, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by halon View Post
Any new news on streaming boxes the stream 4K other than the X10, I'm not buying that. The ps4 should be able to do what the X10 does.
I agree, I use the ps4 WAAAAY more than I used the X1 media player back when I owned it. There is no reason why the ps4 cant stream some sort of 4k content to our tvs through an update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12392 of 12400 Old 10-25-2014, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiED27880 View Post
I agree, I use the ps4 WAAAAY more than I used the X1 media player back when I owned it. There is no reason why the ps4 cant stream some sort of 4k content to our tvs through an update.
It's kind of ridiculous that Sony hasn't offered us something to be able to use this TV's 4K. I have a PS4 too and it's surprising that we can't use it as a media player, considering there is just nothing available.
post #12393 of 12400 Old 10-27-2014, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by baba Louey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuo View Post
one more thing does the usb work will a direct usb work with 4k content on it? SO essentialy this player should make our 2013 models work like the newerd 2014 models. Problem now is the add to cart function on sony.ca doesnt work, im on the phone with them now

2013 'A' series TV + FMPX5 = 2014 'B' Series TV. That's how I see it, at least with respect to reading 4K content. Let me know how you make out with Sony CDN and the FMPX5. I'm still considering ordering one.
Yes, babaLouies assessment is fairly accurate. One additional note is that if your 900A has a manufacture date before July 2013 (or so), then Sony will come in (for no cost) and replace the circuit board on your HDMI-4 input to allow HDCP 2.2 security... Which is required for 4K streaming. Then you can connect the X5 to that port.
post #12394 of 12400 Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM

My Sync Menu doesn't seem to appear any more when pressing the Sync Menu button.

Also, I can't control my Blue Ray player anymore using the Sony remote or choose TV/Audio System speakers either.

When I press the sync menu button, it just comes up with a page saying 'control all your devices with one remote' and a picture of a TV. When I go into Brava Sync settings, 'BRAVIA sync control' is 'On'. In fact everything is 'On'.

When I hit 'Enable' it says no HDMI devices connected, but the actual device is on and functioning :/

Does anyone know how to fix this?
post #12395 of 12400 Old Yesterday, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachpie View Post
My Sync Menu doesn't seem to appear any more when pressing the Sync Menu button.

Also, I can't control my Blue Ray player anymore using the Sony remote or choose TV/Audio System speakers either.

When I press the sync menu button, it just comes up with a page saying 'control all your devices with one remote' and a picture of a TV. When I go into Brava Sync settings, 'BRAVIA sync control' is 'On'. In fact everything is 'On'.

When I hit 'Enable' it says no HDMI devices connected, but the actual device is on and functioning :/

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Try unplugging all your HDMI-CEC devices then plug back in and do another sync.
post #12396 of 12400 Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Sync is such a random option. Random as in it's consistency. I'm not sure if it's actually learning functions and inputs on the fly, or if it's something that should work instantly. Example being, I haven't changed any settings in my AVR or 900 in a very long time. My Amazon Fire tv use to run through my AVR, out to HDMI 1 on the 900 until they fixed the X10 compatability issue. Now everything runs to HDMI 4 on the 900.

Anyway, so when switching to Fire TV, there was a short period of time, a week? When I would turn on the Fire TV and it would insist on reverting back to HDMI 1 for the input, now it stays on HDMI 4 and I didn't do anything to address the issue, it's like it eventually sorted it out on it's own.

Also, the 900 never use to switch to external speakers automatically when using certain devices, now out of the blue everything works flawlessly. Not sure if recent firmware updates by Sony and Onkyo addressed the issue, or if it's just a random thing. ...

Anywho!
post #12397 of 12400 Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Any body else noticed that when using Netflix UK the info bar says 1080 instead of Super HD which it displayed for the last few months?

My network speed has not changed from 37meg so what has happened.
post #12398 of 12400 Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba Louey View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I've read that the VLC download can be packed with malware and all sorts of nasty stuff. I'm always suspicious of freeware though I have used some without any obvious bad effects.. Do you have any comments on this? I'm looking at PowerDVD right now and it costs about $80.

I've used VLC for years with no problems. It tries to install ASK toolbar I think but you can uncheck the box if you don't want it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page