Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 434 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #12991 of 12994 Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cembros View Post
Will HDMI 2.0a be supported now that the spec has been released? I'm a little confused by what has been published, some articles allude to HDMI 2.0a being supported by all HDMI 2.0 devices but it is unclear.
It sounds like all HMDI connections can be upgraded by a firmware release to the 2.0a standard and it will make some improvement on the signal, however, the x900A will never have full HDR support.
Sony is not even releasing HDR in all of its 2015 TVs - it will only be in their 2 flagship models (930c and 940c) in 2015.
Here is a link to an article that has the best explanation that I found so far...

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/hdmi-...1504094041.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12992 of 12994 Unread Today, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPerera View Post
Well mate 5 years warranty not bad Samsa unless you purchased extra cover. We over here get a lousy 1 year warranty. Shows how crappy the service we get over here. Every A***hole wants your money and extra warranty you got to pay an independent warranty provider. Its when you go to claim and thats when they get you real good. Good old service doesn't exit today and back in the day Sony was up there. Its is now a former shadow of its once great past. It seems Sony have inconsistency in service all over the world. The worst is is in our neck of the woods and Sony UK at least providing a solution. There are a number of people who have managed to upgrade the port without even having the 4k media player go figure.

I am headed into uncharted waters with this part on our X9004A's as no one has been game to try it. I guess if it is a success then the floodgates will open to get the part. I hope is is a success.
No I purchased the extra warranty when I bought the set. It will have more value should I sell it with a valid warranty.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page