Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 435 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #13021 of 13023 Unread Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPerera View Post
OK BOYS I HAVE IT INSTALLED!!!! FINALLY.

Now no firmware was needed. You just have to go in the service menu and change a few things to get it to work. You do this at your own risk after you have purchased the part. I am not going to post the instructions here. For Australians once you have purchased the part contact European Electronics on 03 95534300 in Melbourne Australia and arrange to get a tech out and get it done. Samsa if you can get in touch with me and hopefully I can assist you since the part is headed your way. Furthermore they or I don't guarantee it works. You do these things at YOUR OWN RISK. If I can work with you Samsa since you have bought the media player we can ascertain if this is a success or not. But let me just say the service menu is not very user friendly to say the least. I was unable to even record it properly as the Tech guy was super fast in doing it but lets just say a keen eye was at work here.

Findings at present
- ARC is working so no issues here
- Mastered in 4k is working as well, tho It is not changeable in free to air TV mode like it use to be. (It is blanked out to off) However when I put in a Mastered in 4k disc it is outputting with XV color enabled automatically. I was able to confirm this via my Pioneer receivers App also. Anyway tho I cant be 100 percent certain, I am happy and this is the first time a X9004A has been done however a 79 inch one has had the upgrade done apparently.

Great news CS. I dropped you a PM and would be grateful if you would let me have one additional detail. Thanks
CSPerera likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13022 of 13023 Unread Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULF View Post
I just want to say thank you CSPerera, I started following this thread a while ago upon discovering the X900a (Bought on release in AUS) is pretty much useless when it comes to consumer based 4K. My story is vastly similar, Upon finding out I queried the place of purchase (JB Hifi with 5 years extended warranty) with the issues and all I have found out. Your information has been a great help

I was asked to bring the unit in so they could test USB playback and content from their 4K generators. Further to this I opted to keep the TV in store while they contacted the head of Sony Aus for further support and clarification. After a few days the Store manager called me back and Sony Claim that none of these issues exist (WTF?) and that a 4K blu ray player will be available in May and will be fully supported by the X900a (Which without HDCP 2.2 is just impossible). I politely explained that it would not work and why, the manger not too techy asked if I could email my findings so he could pass them along. This was over 4 weeks ago and I have not so much have had a peep back.

If I get anywhere with my case I will let you know
Sony Australia know about the issue for starters... that I know most definitely. Reasons is when consumer affairs contacted them the bloke contacting them on my behalf was told that they will not do anything because HDCP 2.2 was not a feature of the TV that was advertised at the time of purchase. 4k Blu ray player available in May?? That just shows that they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes whoever said that. It isn't going to work period unless you find away to circumvent HDCP 2.2.
The 4k generator er doesn't allow you to playback anything via usb except for what is loaded with it and as well as Sony's own proprietary content which they can upload to it. How do I know? because I have one which I scored from the US lol and tried to playback mp4 files, avi files etc that it doesn't recognise. Basically its a 4k demo machine that playback Sony "SEN" files on loop.

As far as HEVC is concerned I believe the codec is built into the X5/X10 media player and I am of the understanding that you can playback 4k files via that if I am not mistaken. The part only adds HDCP 2.2 functionality that we will need for when 4k blu ray players are eventually released. Anyone want to add anything who has the media player?

Look I hope you get your situation rectified and appreciate the thanks TULF I hope everyone can sit back and enjoy the TV now. Having said that that part is becoming rare so try to get your hands on it, the tech guy also confirmed it. Maybe this is a reason why Sony Australia is not making the part available here. Supply and demand?? who knows.
post #13023 of 13023 Unread Today, 03:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULF View Post
I started following this thread a while ago upon discovering the X900a (Bought on release in AUS)

TULF

WELCOME TO THE A FORUM! Took a while to squeeze out your first post.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page