Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 437 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #13081 of 13091 Old 06-15-2015, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 121
All four HDMI can do 4k but HDMI 4 is the one that supports Hdcp2.2. So when uhd Bly Ray comes out that's the port you will have to use. You can get 4k from a computer from any of the HDMI ports. If you get a reciever for more ports make sure it supports hdcp2.2 or it way not be much help.
rand0182 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13082 of 13091 Old 06-21-2015, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
HDCP 2.2 Update.

Been waiting for Sony NSW and SSS Electronic Sydney to work out how to install the part. Sony apparently has all the information they need to install it. However SSS electronics is waiting to hear back from overseas Sony on what need to be done to get it to work properly. They sure are taking their time for a small change of an option in service menu. Already been waiting three weeks for them to organise a service to install the part. Anyways apparently it is the first service like this in NSW. Update, they have finally given a quote, almost $300! for service...

Last edited by djlpap; 06-25-2015 at 05:52 PM.
post #13083 of 13091 Old 06-24-2015, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2727 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
post #13084 of 13091 Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPerera View Post
Djlpap

If you speak to European Electronics on 03 95534300 and speak to Shane, they might be able to put you through to someone else in NSW that may be able to assist. Having said that if all else fails let me know. I am also waiting to hear back on results from Samsa in Singapore who has the media player and to see if the upgrade was successful. I am really looking forward to hearing a successful result. In the mean time make sure you have the latest TV firmware updated.
SSS electronics are able to help but they do not do onsite jobs and are charging a bit of a premium price. They seem to be the only ones according to Sony that are able to do services here in Sydney. How has your experiences with the part been so far. I may end up having to do the upgrade myself...
post #13085 of 13091 Old 06-26-2015, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlpap View Post
SSS electronics are able to help but they do not do onsite jobs and are charging a bit of a premium price. They seem to be the only ones according to Sony that are able to do services here in Sydney. How has your experiences with the part been so far. I may end up having to do the upgrade myself...

Ok my experience with the part is been a mixed bag as I predicted with everyone who has had the upgrade done would now know but failed to give a difinitve answer and mention it here. I asked if the bloke on Amazons review reported its short comings was true nobody seemed to know. Its true but I am able to live with it for the benefit of watching 4k Movies when the UHD Bluray player is released.

OK the short comings of the part upgrade makes HDMI 1 incompatible with the mastered in 4k option. It is now activated on HDMI 3. My ARC that was on HDMI 1 has glitches with my receiver so I no longer use ARC or HDMI 1. I completely moved over to HDMI 3 on the TV that gives me the benefit of using the mastered in 4k option again and X.V.Color output then I use optical lead to connect to the receiver for TV sound only. Which the only downside is that I have to use the receivers remote to adjust the volume whilst ARC enabled you to use the TVs remote to adjust the TVs sound.

Now the part is connected to my Sony 4k Content generator and works quite well. I still havent bought the Sony 4k media player to be honest, the reason being that it would be useless here due to not being on the NBN and the mucking around you would have to do to connect it to US servers/VPN outways the initial costs to get it working. It simply isnt worth what they are selling for in the United States. I am talking of the XMP-X10 not that Puck version X1 which is even more crappier. There are a multitude of better options to go for if you want to go down this route like the Nvidia Shield that is being mentioned here.

Save the Costs mate. Do it yourself. In hindsight if I new it was this easy to do it I would have done it myself but one of us needed to be the Guinny pig to see whats involved. Myself and Samsa worked out what needed to be done in the service menu and as far as I am aware hes content with it and enjoying his TV. Let me know if you want to go down this path nd I will be happy to guide you through it.
post #13086 of 13091 Old 06-26-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPerera View Post
Ok my experience with the part is been a mixed bag as I predicted with everyone who has had the upgrade done would now know but failed to give a difinitve answer and mention it here. I asked if the bloke on Amazons review reported its short comings was true nobody seemed to know. Its true but I am able to live with it for the benefit of watching 4k Movies when the UHD Bluray player is released.

OK the short comings of the part upgrade makes HDMI 1 incompatible with the mastered in 4k option. It is now activated on HDMI 3. My ARC that was on HDMI 1 has glitches with my receiver so I no longer use ARC or HDMI 1. I completely moved over to HDMI 3 on the TV that gives me the benefit of using the mastered in 4k option again and X.V.Color output then I use optical lead to connect to the receiver for TV sound only. Which the only downside is that I have to use the receivers remote to adjust the volume whilst ARC enabled you to use the TVs remote to adjust the TVs sound.

Now the part is connected to my Sony 4k Content generator and works quite well. I still havent bought the Sony 4k media player to be honest, the reason being that it would be useless here due to not being on the NBN and the mucking around you would have to do to connect it to US servers/VPN outways the initial costs to get it working. It simply isnt worth what they are selling for in the United States. I am talking of the XMP-X10 not that Puck version X1 which is even more crappier. There are a multitude of better options to go for if you want to go down this route like the Nvidia Shield that is being mentioned here.

Save the Costs mate. Do it yourself. In hindsight if I new it was this easy to do it I would have done it myself but one of us needed to be the Guinny pig to see whats involved. Myself and Samsa worked out what needed to be done in the service menu and as far as I am aware hes content with it and enjoying his TV. Let me know if you want to go down this path nd I will be happy to guide you through it.

I am not too worried by mastered in 4K Blu-ray, but good to know that ARC can be buggy. I am hoping they will have duel hdmi out for future 4k players for non hdcp 2.2 receivers. I would be interested to see if my computer with gtx 960 could detect the TV as 2.2 after upgrade just there is no content with it yet. At the moment the TV can accept a 60hz, 10bit, 4:4:4 from the computer but I think it must downscale it to 4:2:2 to work with hdmi 2.0b. Yep I would be happy to have you guide me through the process. Thanks mate.
post #13087 of 13091 Old 06-26-2015, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlpap View Post
I am not too worried by mastered in 4K Blu-ray, but good to know that ARC can be buggy. I am hoping they will have duel hdmi out for future 4k players for non hdcp 2.2 receivers. I would be interested to see if my computer with gtx 960 could detect the TV as 2.2 after upgrade just there is no content with it yet. At the moment the TV can accept a 60hz, 10bit, 4:4:4 from the computer but I think it must downscale it to 4:2:2 to work with hdmi 2.0b. Yep I would be happy to have you guide me through the process. Thanks mate.
Sent you a private message mate.
post #13088 of 13091 Old 06-27-2015, 09:51 PM

Thumbs up

Okay I have the cx2 board installed. All seems to be working. On my Sony receiver ARC seems to work fine so far. After the upgrade, NVidia control panel seems to have a few new options, mainly the type of output encoding which seems to be locked to 8bit. Hopefully it won't be too long until 4k Blu-ray players come out.
CSPerera likes this.
post #13089 of 13091 Old Today, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Got a new update for my 65x900A today. Wonder what it is for? At least Sony haven't abandoned the 900A model yet.
post #13090 of 13091 Old Today, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wk1947 View Post
Got a new update for my 65x900A today. Wonder what it is for? At least Sony haven't abandoned the 900A model yet.

File Description UPDATE System Software Update Release Date 6/29/2015 Version PKG4.540AAA File Size 156.27 MB Download

Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG4.540AAA) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version PKG4.510AAA:
  • Improves general performance of the TV
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG4.540AAA:
  • Improves performance and stability of the Internet TV features
  • Improves video and audio playback performance
  • Enables Transport Layer Security 1.0 (TLS1.0) to enhance security of Internet applications
  • Improves reliability to the Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL3.0)
  • Improves performance and stability of your TV
  • Improves the login function for the Skype® online calling service
  • Improves stability of the Screen Mirroring function
  • Provides HDMI® 2.0 compatibility (Applies to 4K models only)
    Supports 4K 60p (3840X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit, 4096X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit)
  • Improves stability of the sound output with a Blu-ray Disc™ player using an HDMI connection

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
Klipsch RB-51 II (Front Preference)
SVS PB-2000
post #13091 of 13091 Unread Today, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
General performance of the TV? Maybe they finally fixed the annoying lag when you first turn the TV on and can't do anything for awhile during the TV's boot sequence.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 65x900a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page