Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 440 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #13171 of 13176 Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cembros View Post
looks like directv launched a 4k box. Will this work with the tv?

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ttop-box/25369
YES it works, but its only the genie mini and I have my genie hooked to my 4k tv. It's only for renting movies as of now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13172 of 13176 Old Today, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPerera View Post
Check your inbox mate
Hi CSPerera,

I am from Mexico and have follow this thread for a long time, I am facing the same issue here in Mexico I spoke with Sony about this but they will make the board upgrade only if I purchase the FMP-x5 player. As you I want to be ready to play UHD BD when they come out as I find this TV really awesome and just bought it a couple of weeks ago for a really decent price. I have order the sparepart: Sony Cx2 Mount Service, A1952947A and looking for guidance from you on how to get this installed and running.

Your help will be really appreciated!
post #13173 of 13176 Old Today, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiMX View Post
Hi CSPerera,

I am from Mexico and have follow this thread for a long time, I am facing the same issue here in Mexico I spoke with Sony about this but they will make the board upgrade only if I purchase the FMP-x5 player. As you I want to be ready to play UHD BD when they come out as I find this TV really awesome and just bought it a couple of weeks ago for a really decent price. I have order the sparepart: Sony Cx2 Mount Service, A1952947A and looking for guidance from you on how to get this installed and running.

Check your inbox YoshiMX
post #13174 of 13176 Old Today, 02:45 PM

Awesome thanks m8, just waiting to get the CX2 to proceed. As it only ships to the US I think it will take some time before I can try this but will keep you guys informed. Rumors are that UHD BD players will be available in holidays season, so we will just have to wait to truly check 4K resolution on our TV's as I dont want to purchase the media player (really expensive here in Mexico). Thanks a lot again for your effort and support!
post #13175 of 13176 Old Today, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshiMX View Post
Hi CSPerera,

This might be a dumb question but I do not have the i+ key on my controller, attached is an image of the controller. Did you use any other key or do I need to have a different controller?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shopjimmy-1-491-987-11-top.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	912690  
post #13176 of 13176 Old Today, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Red face Some questions!

Hi All,
New user here in México. As most new recently owners of this wonderfull tv, I've been reading paciently each post almost since de beginning of this thread. Thanks to all who have post their experiencies!

I bought this tv in April of this year. Atttached are the manufacture date (October 2013, México) and the HDMI-4 location (located at the right side of the tv).

YoshiMX, I have also contacted SONY and they told me I have to buy that the FMP-x5 player, so they will know if my set would need the update or not. I'm not really sure if my set is HCDP 2.2 ready.

That player is really expensive here in México and I don't think is a good idea to buy it just to make sure is the set is HDCP 2.2 ready or not.

vuongjas, I've been following your case and I'm tempted to buy the Nvida shield. I was reading the product user guide in the nvidia web site and they stated the following: "Watching 4K content from SHIELD requires a 4K display with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 support. Make sure SHIELD is connected to an HDMI input that supports HDCP 2.2. Consult your 4K display's user guide to find the correct HDMI port to plug SHIELD into for watching 4K content". So does this mean that requieres the HDMI 2.0 AND the HDCP 2.2 compliance? I was reading that you were able to connect and watch both youtube and netflix, maybe this mean your set is HDCP 2.2 ready? if not, does this means that only HDM 2.0 is enough to plug in the Nvida shield?

Thanks in advance for your support

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	539.3 KB
ID:	912866   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	675.2 KB
ID:	912874   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	806.8 KB
ID:	912882  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread