Official Sony [X9] XBR-55X900A / XBR-65X900A Owner's Thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1981 of 11453 Old 09-27-2013, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

So, the way BB new silver program works is:

1. There is no more silver membership. There the regular member, Elite, and Elite Plus.
2. Elite status requires that you spend $1500 in one year. $3500 for Elite Plus.
3. Each level gives you different incentives and perks. As usual, the higher the status, the more perks.
4.15 day return policy for regular members, 30 days for Elite and 45 days for Elite Plus.

Anymore information can be found on their website. Hope this helps

Thanks for posting that. I have not had time to read up on all the details. Appreciate it! smile.gif

-Hawkmoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 11453 Old 09-27-2013, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMundt View Post

Best Buy just revamped their Reward Zone program. Instead of silver, there are now two levels-- Elite and Elite Plus. Elite kicks in with $1,500 in purchases in a single year, and Elite Plus kicks in at $3,500/year. It's now the Elite Plus with the 45 day return period. Elite is now 30 days.

Overall, it's not a bad program for free. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Best Buy, but it's hard to argue with $180 in free certificates for buying the X9.
I saw the 84" LG in person and I wasn't impressed. The banding is really, really bad. I noticed it on normal programming, not just sports. On pans, it appeared the screen was dirty. It's hard to argue with the price (I've seen it many places for well under $10,000), but I think you'd be better off going with a higher-quality, smaller set. I can see why the size tempts people though...

I saw a review for the FALD sets (can't remember where-- I'll look for a link), and it wasn't very positive.

Yes I agree about the 84" set as it is edge lit and I did notice the same when I saw it. I have not seen the FALD 9700 65" and it has me very tempted. I will have to catch one in a store and compare it to the sony if I can. I like the idea of having a FALD set with passive 3d!
post #1983 of 11453 Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

Yes I agree about the 84" set as it is edge lit and I did notice the same when I saw it. I have not seen the FALD 9700 65" and it has me very tempted. I will have to catch one in a store and compare it to the sony if I can. I like the idea of having a FALD set with passive 3d!

Merkey99,

If you go to the Crutch website you will see they have it available for a very good price and they are in stock!
post #1984 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my three free mastered in 4k discs, Spider-Man looks amazing and I just love the aspect ratio...Tv also mentions it's it mastered mode

smile.gif
post #1985 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

Yes, there is.  It is this thread.  See the link in my signature.  Or check out the settings in the Home Theater review, which are very similar to the ones I came up with.

Austin, first of all thank you for posting these calibration results for everyone to try. It really does save us time frustration and money.

I have a question :

Since settings vary between evening dark rooms, afternoon sunlit rooms, 2d and 3d.

Can the Sony be programmed to memorize different settings for different situations? 

post #1986 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnbos View Post

Something that has been bugging me about my new $4,000 tv and its sort of required $700 media "server" is that after paying all that, and listening to Sony crow about how everything is mastered in 4k.

There is basically no additional distribution cost for a downloaded 4k video: why exactly am I paying 5x more to get an old tv show or movie in 4k?

If these things are mastered in 4k, there is about zero cost to rip them and compress them, and then let me download on my dime to their content protected four ways from hell media server; aka disk drive plugged into the tv.

4k is going to die if they can't find customers, why are they not giving away the content or at least charging a fair price?

This post makes me think of printers...they are all relatively cheap but then they kill you on the inks.

Same thing goes fro Nespresso coffee machines...they charge 0.80 cents for each capsule.

maybe Sony is doing the same with their 4k movies? Who knows..

post #1987 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Import, people do it everyday.

Did you check prices In Shenzhen?

Just take a day trip with the ferry or the train and pick one up.

post #1988 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Merkey99,

If you go to the Crutch website you will see they have it available for a very good price and they are in stock!

Thanks just checked it out, amazon has it for the same price. Seems a little high compared to the other 4k's on the market, but with FALD I guess they can charge 1500 more right now.

I am getting my refund check on Wednesday of next week and I of course will be out of town until the 8th so it looks like I have a couple weeks for the price to come down until I pull the trigger.

Its a close call between the Sony X900 and the LG 9700. Both have passive and the LG has uses the FALD, the big difference will be in what the sets look like in PQ. Unfortunately I can not find a store that has the LG in stock. I don't want to drive to another state but it seems weird no one near Seattle, WA has one in stock. Fry's is supposed to have them but none of the stores I have called, which are within 100 miles have them in stock.....
post #1989 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

Thanks just checked it out, amazon has it for the same price. Seems a little high compared to the other 4k's on the market, but with FALD I guess they can charge 1500 more right now.

I am getting my refund check on Wednesday of next week and I of course will be out of town until the 8th so it looks like I have a couple weeks for the price to come down until I pull the trigger.

Its a close call between the Sony X900 and the LG 9700. Both have passive and the LG has uses the FALD, the big difference will be in what the sets look like in PQ. Unfortunately I can not find a store that has the LG in stock. I don't want to drive to another state but it seems weird no one near Seattle, WA has one in stock. Fry's is supposed to have them but none of the stores I have called, which are within 100 miles have them in stock.....

Wow, I did not know you lived in WA! I currently reside in Everett. Small world! If it was me, I would go with the FALD set every time. Edge-lit is ok but FALD wins hands down!
MERKEY99 likes this.
post #1990 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Wow, I did not know you lived in WA! I currently reside in Everett. Small world! If it was me, I would go with the FALD set every time. Edge-lit is ok but FALD wins hands down!

What a small world!!! I live on Whidbey Island and take the Mukilteo ferry quite often to Everett and Lynnwood!

I feel the same about FALD and will have to check out crutch and amazon when I get my refund back!!
post #1991 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

Austin, first of all thank you for posting these calibration results for everyone to try. It really does save us time frustration and money.

I have a question :

Since settings vary between evening dark rooms, afternoon sunlit rooms, 2d and 3d.
Can the Sony be programmed to memorize different settings for different situations? 

You will notice that thre is a Cinema1 and a Cinema2 picture mode. The usual convention is to store 2D settings in Cinema1 and 3D settings in Cinema2.

There is also a General picture mode. You could save "daytime" settings there, and keep Cinema1 for "evening" settings, I suppose. The Luminance is what you should try adjusting for different light conditions, which you control by the Backlight setting. However, with the Backlight set at 7, Luminance is 42fl, which I find acceptable for both lighting conditions. I really don't have a bright viewing room, it's more like a filtered light viewing room in the daytime.

You could also try the Light Sensor setting if you want the Sony to automatically adjust for different ambient light situations, although I find that I don't like how it works.
post #1992 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 83
saw the lg and the sammy 4k tv's today; no comparison, the sony beats them both!

any one use CAT7 networking cable in their setup yet? I read somewhere that someone who was having issues with their sony media player switched to cat 7 cable and it fixed it..

thanks
post #1993 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

If that is what you read, a link to the discussion would be nice.
post #1994 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post

saw the lg and the sammy 4k tv's today; no comparison, the sony beats them both!

any one use CAT7 networking cable in their setup yet? I read somewhere that someone who was having issues with their sony media player switched to cat 7 cable and it fixed it..

thanks

This is good to know! Which store did you visit? Im trying to find one with them in it so I can do the same comparison.
post #1995 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

I was at the Fry's store in Downers grove, Il

Fry's usually carries all sorts of brands, so if you have one near you, check it out!
MERKEY99 likes this.
post #1996 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

ok, I will check; I think it was the sony forum, but I will see if I can find it
post #1997 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:

I was at the Fry's store in Downers grove, Il

Fry's usually carries all sorts of brands, so if you have one near you, check it out!

Great thank you!
wase4711 likes this.
post #1998 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Hey Guys,

I have finally read all 1997 posts on this forum, and really want to thank all of you for your invaluable input.

Since i am thinking of buying both the 84" and the 65" I do not want to leave any stone unturned. I also want to buy the Oppo 103d. I am not buying the X1 media player.

I will use the You tube 4k content.

There are a few points which have not been covered. How is the 2d to 3d conversion on this tv? Are you guys happy with it? When i saw it in BB I loved it.

Another question I have :

I was thinking of using the 65" with a Klipsch sb3 sound bar. I hate wires so a sound bar may be a good option.

Does the tv turn off its speakers when hooked up to a sound bar? Or is it possible to have tv speakers + sound bar fully functional?

Apart from this, I was thinking of writing a synthesis of everything  I have assimilated over the last 2 days. This may be really helpful to newbies who may not want to read the 1000 posts.

Frankly, the first 500 posts for an uninformed newbie considering a purchase are quite scary. There are not too many reviews, and a lot of panic regarding the X1 and the surgeries.

It has been quite a journey reading the whole thread, and please excuse if some of my earlier question seemed a little futile. I had not read the whole thread that is why.

I am inclined to wait to see the 850, however my gut feel is that it will not be better, but much worse. (Quality of panel + active 3d).

Anyway thanks again

s9roo likes this.
post #1999 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 176
Quote:

Frankly, the first 500 posts for an uninformed newbie considering a purchase are quite scary. There are not too many reviews, and a lot of panic regarding the X1 and the surgeries.

Most of the angst was caused by Sony not really knowing much about what they were releasing for sale. The in-home servicing of the original X900a's to add compatible circuitry at HDMI(4) was also touch-and-go at the outset. Fortunately, for the most part, things have worked out with presentation of this product to the marketplace.

Glad you were able to condense the experience to an afternoon's read.
post #2000 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 176
2K for the 4K

post #2001 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Actually... has anyone seen the 84LM9600

It's the lg 84" 4k?

Any comparisons in PQ and Color to our Sony's?

post #2002 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It was on amazon; one person who had bought the media player and was having issues, posted this update:

"13 August 2013 UPDATE: After insisting on many different forms, a Sony support guy decided that they would replace my unit and proceeded to order it for me. He asked for my credit card to make sure that I was returning the original unit. He said I would get it in two to three days. I waited 5 days and called back. Every time you call they take you to three levels and put you on hold every time. Sometimes they disconnect your call and have to start all over again. Takes hours to talk to anyone. When I finally reached someone, he informed me they hadn't ship my unit, that they had changed their mind and that I had to send my old unit back first. I said no way and asked for a supervisor, of course, they hang up on me. Eventually, after many other failed attempts a guy agreed to send the replacement unit first. When I got it, the media player arrived inside a perfectly good box and surrounded with packaging "peanuts", however, the product package inside was clearly damaged on the outside, as well as the inside "eggshell" supposedly supporting and protecting the product, which says that they sipped to me an obviously damaged box inside a perfectly good larger box from an address in Laredo, TX. On purpose? It doesn't make sense and, of course again, the "new" unit didn't connect either. In desperation I took the two units to the local Sony Store (San Diego Fashion Valley - an hour away from me each way) to return both of them for credit and they didn't take them back. I couldn't even talk to a manager on the premises. On my way back, I stop by a local Fry's store and talk with a Sony representative who I knew and he gave me a few pointers. I implemented them and, now, my original unit is finally working. Will share:
1. Upgraded router to the latest software version (RT-AC66U).
2. Connected TV and router with brand new CAT 7 Ethernet cable.
3. Plugged it to position 3 on the router.
4. Changed 65 4k Sony TV internet connectivity from wireless to wire.
5. Connected Media Player to TV with brand new HDMI V 1.4 certified cable ($4.95) and plugged it into upgraded HDMI 4 port.
6. Connected Media Player and router with brand new CAT 7 Ethernet cable and plugged it to position 2 on the router.
7. Tuned on. It worked for me. Good luck to you!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-FMP-X1-Ultra-Media-Player/product-reviews/B00DBY5XNQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
post #2003 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It was on amazon; one person who had bought the media player and was having issues, posted this update:

"13 August 2013 UPDATE: After insisting on many different forms, a Sony support guy decided that they would replace my unit and proceeded to order it for me. He asked for my credit card to make sure that I was returning the original unit. He said I would get it in two to three days. I waited 5 days and called back. Every time you call they take you to three levels and put you on hold every time. Sometimes they disconnect your call and have to start all over again. Takes hours to talk to anyone. When I finally reached someone, he informed me they hadn't ship my unit, that they had changed their mind and that I had to send my old unit back first. I said no way and asked for a supervisor, of course, they hang up on me. Eventually, after many other failed attempts a guy agreed to send the replacement unit first. When I got it, the media player arrived inside a perfectly good box and surrounded with packaging "peanuts", however, the product package inside was clearly damaged on the outside, as well as the inside "eggshell" supposedly supporting and protecting the product, which says that they sipped to me an obviously damaged box inside a perfectly good larger box from an address in Laredo, TX. On purpose? It doesn't make sense and, of course again, the "new" unit didn't connect either. In desperation I took the two units to the local Sony Store (San Diego Fashion Valley - an hour away from me each way) to return both of them for credit and they didn't take them back. I couldn't even talk to a manager on the premises. On my way back, I stop by a local Fry's store and talk with a Sony representative who I knew and he gave me a few pointers. I implemented them and, now, my original unit is finally working. Will share:
1. Upgraded router to the latest software version (RT-AC66U).
2. Connected TV and router with brand new CAT 7 Ethernet cable.
3. Plugged it to position 3 on the router.
4. Changed 65 4k Sony TV internet connectivity from wireless to wire.
5. Connected Media Player to TV with brand new HDMI V 1.4 certified cable ($4.95) and plugged it into upgraded HDMI 4 port.
6. Connected Media Player and router with brand new CAT 7 Ethernet cable and plugged it to position 2 on the router.
7. Tuned on. It worked for me. Good luck to you!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-FMP-X1-Ultra-Media-Player/product-reviews/B00DBY5XNQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Thanks for taking the time to find the post.  Unfortunately, I don't see anything enlightening.  He replaced the cables with new ones.  This is a reasonable troubleshooting step that most would take.  My X900 is connected to the network wirelessly, so a hard-wired network connection should not make a difference.

wase4711 likes this.
post #2004 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

do you have the media player also connected wirelessly?

thanks!
post #2005 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I really love the look of this tv but can I get some help on the following.

1. Can the 55" have its hdmi 1.4 upgraded to 2.0? If so is it a firmware or hardware replacement.

2. Can Displayport 1.2 be adapted to hdmi 2.0

3. Does the tv accept MST? Basically 2 hdmi inputs to create 60Hz 4k.

4. Who has hooked one of these up to their computer?

5. Has anyone used their Xbox or ps3 with it?

I have the cash ready to go but the hdmi 1.4 thing has me scared . Also my computer runs 3 gtx titans which easily handles the 4k resolution for gaming but I only have hdmi 1.4, dp1.2 and dual link dvi from the titans.

Also can people take some more photos I love seeing this tv!

Thanks

TV: SONY 65" 4K X900 - AVR: DENON AVR x4000 - AMP: ROTEL RMB 1585 5Ch 200w - OPPO 103D BD PLAYER
CENTRE: KEF Q600c - FRONT L/R: KEF Q900 - WIDE FRONT L/R: KEF Q300
SURROUND L/R: KEF Q800DS's - SURROUND BACK L/R: MINX 21's
SUB: SVS PC13-ULTRA
post #2006 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 02:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:

No i have not looked at LG.
If the lg were any good compared to the Sony, someone would have already posted something to that effect.
I was not even aware LG made an 84" 4k. Can't be very popular if nobody mentions it?
OK , let me give you some info, the 84" Sony panel is made by LG. So if this is true about the LG, how bad is the Sony ?

The 84" LG 84LM9600, They have a whole thread of its own on this forum >>> Click Here

I am not trying to steer you in any direction, I just wanted to mention the facts, so you can make a clear choice. The LG is about $10,000. cheaper on the street. That is nothing to sneeze at.
post #2007 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 02:57 PM

So lg might not be a bad decision after all, I mean if they make the panels for Sony how bad can their TV'S be?
post #2008 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 03:11 PM

Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatlesschimp View Post

I really love the look of this tv but can I get some help on the following.

1. Can the 55" have its hdmi 1.4 upgraded to 2.0? If so is it a firmware or hardware replacement.

2. Can Displayport 1.2 be adapted to hdmi 2.0

3. Does the tv accept MST? Basically 2 hdmi inputs to create 60Hz 4k.

4. Who has hooked one of these up to their computer?

5. Has anyone used their Xbox or ps3 with it?

I have the cash ready to go but the hdmi 1.4 thing has me scared . Also my computer runs 3 gtx titans which easily handles the 4k resolution for gaming but I only have hdmi 1.4, dp1.2 and dual link dvi from the titans.

Also can people take some more photos I love seeing this tv!

Thanks

I will try to answer the best that I can. In order:

1.) Yes, Sony has already announced that they will be able to have a Firmware update that will upgrade your HDMI 1.4 to the new 2.0 Standard.
2.) Don't know and no way to test this. Funny thing, I am wondering this more than anything. No Graphics card or announced Graphics Card has HDMI 2.0, but many have Display Port 1.2. Since the new HDMI 2.0 standard uses regular (decent) HDMI cables, I am wondering if a Display Port to HDMI adapter and then running it to the TV once the 2.0 upgrade would allow me to send a 2160p/60fps signal.
3) No
4) Yes, I have my rig currently connected to the set. It works very good, but since you are limited to 30fps at 2160p, for most games it is pointless. Having the computer output 1080p/60fps is BLISS. Since the TV does upscale, the image is a bit cleaner than a typical 1080p TV.
5) Yes. I have both a PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii U hooked up to this set. I previously had a Sony XBR-929 55" Set and it is a great set and games looked really good on them, but once I tried my games on the 4k set, they all looked better. Even though I went from 55" to 65" and using the same seating distance you would think it would look a little worse since a bigger screen will show more jagged edges since it is bigger, but since the TV up scales to 4k, it looks cleaner than the games did on my 55" XBR929.

I also have a high powered gaming rig. I have the following:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard
Intel I7-3930x CPU Overclocked to 4.8
2xEvga GTX-Titans Overclocked to 1100mhz
2x512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD's
1 1TB Samsung F HDD
1 4TB Hitachi HDD
16GB 2100mhz Ram

The Titans and the CPU are both running on a custom made Water Loop and my CPU never breaks more than 60c and my 2 Titans have never seen a temp higher that 50c! smile.gif

Like you, I am also concerned about running 4k resolution at 60fps. Although I already have the set and love it, the fact that there are some questionable things with driving 2160p/60fps right now is the only concern. I kind of think the Display Port to HDMI converter should work, it is still up in the air because no one has such a set up and as of today there are no HDMI 2.0 4k sets (Panasonic's is for sale and shipping as of right now with HDMI 2.0 and Display Port 1.4a). For me, If it does not work, I will wait until someone makes a high end GPU with HDMI 2.0 and by then they should be faster than the Titan's (well if they are very high end GPU's).

I hope this helps. It is a great set with a great image and gaming looks fantastic on it. I did play some 4k games on it at 30fps locked and it was great, but I am so use to 60fps it was hard to cope. The games I tried were more slower action games that don't have to run at 60fps, but I am so used to 60fps it is hard to go to 30fps. So I am crossing my fingers, legs and any other body part in hopes that the display port to hdmi will work!

-Hawkmoon
post #2009 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

I will use the You tube 4k content.

Speaking of such, if everyone hasn't already, check these sony 4k handycam video samples, best ive seen in the 3 days ive owned the TV

https://www.youtube.com/results?gs_rn=27&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=5UujWocAXNjnwcCPr5wHHA&cp=10&gs_id=ls&xhr=t&q=sony+4k+handycam&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.53217764,d.aGc&biw=1920&bih=909&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&gl=AU&sa=N&tab=w1
post #2010 of 11453 Old 09-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

I will try to answer the best that I can. In order:

1.) Yes, Sony has already announced that they will be able to have a Firmware update that will upgrade your HDMI 1.4 to the new 2.0 Standard.
2.) Don't know and no way to test this. Funny thing, I am wondering this more than anything. No Graphics card or announced Graphics Card has HDMI 2.0, but many have Display Port 1.2. Since the new HDMI 2.0 standard uses regular (decent) HDMI cables, I am wondering if a Display Port to HDMI adapter and then running it to the TV once the 2.0 upgrade would allow me to send a 2160p/60fps signal.
3) No
4) Yes, I have my rig currently connected to the set. It works very good, but since you are limited to 30fps at 2160p, for most games it is pointless. Having the computer output 1080p/60fps is BLISS. Since the TV does upscale, the image is a bit cleaner than a typical 1080p TV.
5) Yes. I have both a PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii U hooked up to this set. I previously had a Sony XBR-929 55" Set and it is a great set and games looked really good on them, but once I tried my games on the 4k set, they all looked better. Even though I went from 55" to 65" and using the same seating distance you would think it would look a little worse since a bigger screen will show more jagged edges since it is bigger, but since the TV up scales to 4k, it looks cleaner than the games did on my 55" XBR929.

I also have a high powered gaming rig. I have the following:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard
Intel I7-3930x CPU Overclocked to 4.8
2xEvga GTX-Titans Overclocked to 1100mhz
2x512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD's
1 1TB Samsung F HDD
1 4TB Hitachi HDD
16GB 2100mhz Ram

The Titans and the CPU are both running on a custom made Water Loop and my CPU never breaks more than 60c and my 2 Titans have never seen a temp higher that 50c! smile.gif

Like you, I am also concerned about running 4k resolution at 60fps. Although I already have the set and love it, the fact that there are some questionable things with driving 2160p/60fps right now is the only concern. I kind of think the Display Port to HDMI converter should work, it is still up in the air because no one has such a set up and as of today there are no HDMI 2.0 4k sets (Panasonic's is for sale and shipping as of right now with HDMI 2.0 and Display Port 1.4a). For me, If it does not work, I will wait until someone makes a high end GPU with HDMI 2.0 and by then they should be faster than the Titan's (well if they are very high end GPU's).

I hope this helps. It is a great set with a great image and gaming looks fantastic on it. I did play some 4k games on it at 30fps locked and it was great, but I am so use to 60fps it was hard to cope. The games I tried were more slower action games that don't have to run at 60fps, but I am so used to 60fps it is hard to go to 30fps. So I am crossing my fingers, legs and any other body part in hopes that the display port to hdmi will work!

Thanks mate for the quick reply and info!

Are you able to post some images of your setup? Would love to see it!!! biggrin.gif

I have seen adapters (dp1.2 -> HDMI) but unsure if they would work. but for the price of them i would by a couple and give them a shot.

Is there much motion blur?

thanks again

TV: SONY 65" 4K X900 - AVR: DENON AVR x4000 - AMP: ROTEL RMB 1585 5Ch 200w - OPPO 103D BD PLAYER
CENTRE: KEF Q600c - FRONT L/R: KEF Q900 - WIDE FRONT L/R: KEF Q300
SURROUND L/R: KEF Q800DS's - SURROUND BACK L/R: MINX 21's
SUB: SVS PC13-ULTRA
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Xbr 65x900a 65 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led 4k Ultra Hdtv , Sony Xbr 55x900a 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 3d Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page