Old 01-09-2015, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by macphreak View Post
S1. ATSC install
This is the firmware I was recently directed to. It works pretty well and I think I may keep this one (until an hour from now when I read or discover something new). Currently I am running it at 2560x1440 @ 30hz. It is fine for programming and mouse usage. But, it drives me nuts when watching a video on Youtube or something (it has weird artifacts in the view and lines going through it occasionally). I would like to get it so that I can run 1440p@150 or 120hz but I have yet to figure out how to do th

thats the active noise reduction turn that off... it makes the artifact appear..
its under your normal settings. it set it self on after every time u change resolution.

this IS a 30hz tv
and thats fine for everything but games...
personaly tv will look best@ 30hz being upscaled to 4k by the gpu (1080p,1440p1800p)
colors get super muddled and the crispness goes away @ anything more then 30hz on any res.

i got it working @ 1440p 60hz and if i sit back far enough it don't make damn difference.
if you are playing games that are 30fps locked and such... crank it up to full 4k for best experience.

now, me asking for me help here...
if anyone help me change to colors to not me muddled or look as good as at 1080@120hz or 2160p@30hz...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2015, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
You Seiki guys with 4k

What resolution does this site says you are using?

http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

I want to see if the site is wrong.. I'm on 4k(changhong) but it says 1920x1080... I have some suspicions about this TV just need to be sure.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce banner View Post
You Seiki guys with 4k

What resolution does this site says you are using?

http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

I want to see if the site is wrong.. I'm on 4k(changhong) but it says 1920x1080... I have some suspicions about this TV just need to be sure.
YOU ARE USING
3840 x 2160

Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS2 Series II
Surrounds: Polk Audio Monitor50 Series II
Sub: 2x Polk PSW505
Reciever: Pioneer VSX-80
TV: Samsung 3D UN55C8000
Old 01-12-2015, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Collins View Post
I have noticed 1 weird issue and I am lost..

I have a Nv 750TI on 1 system and my GameRig has a AMD R9 290

The 750ti allows px clocks up past 297MHZ
the 290 wont show any resolutions past 297MHZ

I have tried the ATI Clock Patch, Doesnt work.. I use the latest OMEGA Drivers for amd too..

Anyone else found the solution?
Here I was thinking the JUNE 2014 Firmware allowed Unlocked 297 where as it was my Radeon all along!!!

( The JUNE 2014 firmware is a few posts below Yung's post...)
Page 7-9 from memory

here,
So my 50" came with the 1.1 firmware. Thinking that the July 2014 firmware was newer, I flashed to it today. But the new firmware has Customer Ver 1.0.

In limited testing so far it's working fine. It's been a while since I fired up this screen so I'm not 100% sure if this is just a placebo effect but it does feel a little snappier.

There does seem to be one thing missing though. With the 1.1 firmware, I could have sworn that when my laptop display went to power save, the Seiki would follow suit and go to sleep. If it slept for too long, the monitor would eventually turn off and I would have to manually switch it back on after waking up the laptop.

With the July 2014 firmware, the monitor now seems to stay on when the laptop display goes into power save. That's a bit annoying.

Am I mis-remembering or have others noticed the same issue?

Last edited by telamon; 01-12-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfisto View Post
Would you mind making a post about how you did this? I've been trying to figure out how to override the EDID on the PS3 so I can get it to put out a 1080p/30hz signal that can be upscaled, but I haven't come across anything.
I can but it requires an already Modded PS3 (Custom Firmware Only) or what I have ( Debug PS3 aka DEX) as the tables cannot be injected into an OFW (Official Firmware). The TV mod I was attempting, was to add a Hz switcher internally instead of relying on a PC to do this (which is easy). With the Seiki Upscaler cable (U-Vision) it might have been possible to upscale with minor effort if the Hz switcher worked as I intended.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Good to see your back YungMoni!
Old 01-18-2015, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
This model does not support ARC on any of its HDMI inputs. The digital audio port must be configured via the TV's menu to specifically pass a digital signal (select "RAW"), and even then it will only pass multichannel digital audio from the TV's tuner. Anything else is passed as stereo PCM. You will need to connect the PS3 directly to your soundbar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMoni View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unbricking Instructions: - Works the same way for the 39".

1. You will need the original firmware from

2. Download and unzip using winrar, 7zip, or whatever you use to unzip.

3. Grab a 512mb or any other higher sized USB device or Card (using a card reader).

4. Format the device to FAT32 (doesn't matter if you quick format or not).

5. Copy the "install.img" to the device.

6. Eject USB device from PC and put inside either USB port on the TV (I used the side USB port).

7. Turn on the TV, install method with the TV powered off and auto install does not work (don't even try).

8. On your remote, press "MENU" then "0000", slowly press down 5 times (this will select the Software Update).

9. Let the installation complete. Now your unbricked!

10. ?????

11. Profit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OMG I bricked it and can't unbrick it now. !
All I get when I turn it on is the blue light and the screen seems to try and go on but fade back off. I also hear a slight pitch coming from the tv. I've tried the menu unbricking and it does nothing! The usb stick light isn't even on.

Am I screwed??? Oh man.. I feel horrible right now. Any ideas at all? Anyone? Please
Old 01-18-2015, 03:14 AM

^ Solved: Plug it in while holding the menu button (on the side of the tv), will auto-update from USB.
Thank God. That freaked me out...

Sorry for double post - no edit button.
Old Today, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gourav2122 View Post
i got it working @ 1440p 60hz and if i sit back far enough it don't make damn difference.
Question - how did you get it working with 1440p@60hz? I have been trying **everything** to get it to work at 60hz with 1440p and have been unsuccessful.

What firmware do you have? Thanks!

Tags
Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv