Official Seiki SE50UY04 50-Inch 4K UHD Owners Thread - Page 14 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 399 Old 03-23-2015, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

"HELP" My Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k the screen goes black it loses drops signal for a few seconds and the picture comes back while watching Blu-Ray movies running at 1080P it happens only once when watching at 1080P during movie..But if i use the Seiki U-Vision cable to upscale the Blu-Ray disc to 3840x2160 the screen blacks out it drops loses the signal 3 to 4 times during movie play back and the black screen seems to last 10 seconds or so before the picture comes back while using the Seiki U-Vision cable..I have used regular thick old school HDMI and new type RedMere cables for 1080P i have 8 different cables to try all with same results i have a sony Blu-Ray and a LG Blu-Ray player that i have used.I do not use this TV as a computer monitor..Thanks for any and all Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 399 Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have failed you PC world but I do have interesting news for console gamers.

After a long time since my last post I have been working vigorously on making a new firmware. Unforgettably, there were a lot of things that went wrong and things that were close to fixing but ultimately failed.

As I stated before, this TV is Capable of 4K 60fps and it is available but only to consoles as it upscales 1080p 60hz to 2160p/i 60Hz using the blue HDMI plugged into HDMI #2 and the U-vision Cable on HDMI#1 (does not need to be plugged into a device). Furthermore, progressive and interlaced modes changes constantly so you will never know when it switches to the other. Even though it is not native per se, it is 4K @ 60fps. The funny thing about this is that you will still get the info that it is running @ 1080p 60Hz (but its running 4K).

Note to PC gamers: Unless you have a HDMI 2.0 compatable video card, 4K @ 60 native is not supported due to HDMI 1.4 limitations on video cards. 970 and 980 GTX has it tricks that can put you at 31hz on this TV (50").

Anyways back to the issues. The unlocked pixel clocks does little to nothing on this TV as this TV is using a modified 1080p board. No, this is not a limit of the board but of the memory it allocates (pixels, aspect ratio, etc). One theory I attempted to test was reducing the "OS" features that uses the most memory and voltage (Cable TV, RGB output, and One HDMI output (#3 on the side)) now granted it did allow me to use the 4K resolution native @50hz but it would blank every 23 seconds in which you will have to manually turn back on the TV (who has time for that). My second theory was to trick the PC into thinking it has a 1080p lock so that the upscale feature will work......but I have no access to the VRAM or VBIOS (which is dangerous and I am not that skilled). The final therory I tested before accepting defeat was to reduce everything in the seiki firmware to only display on HDMI #1 and had only one menu (Service Menu) available but the same results as Theory #1 happened. (btw Memory=Bandwidth I just dont like using that word)
post #393 of 399 Old 03-25-2015, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yungmoni can you please explain how to get 4k on xbox one please ? I've read the other posts and u mention it being possible but never the method.. I would suspect it being very easy with the xbox being able to force 4k to the TV but it only does it for a few seconds then flashes off... thanks
post #394 of 399 Old 03-30-2015, 11:47 PM

@YungMoni
It's way out there but, maybe Seiki support can help access the VRAM or VBIOS

Here here hopeful
post #395 of 399 Old 03-31-2015, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMoni View Post
After a long time since my last post I have been working vigorously on making a new firmware. Unforgettably, there were a lot of things that went wrong and things that were close to fixing but ultimately failed.

As I stated before, this TV is Capable of 4K 60fps and it is available but only to consoles as it upscales 1080p 60hz to 2160p/i 60Hz using the blue HDMI plugged into HDMI #2 and the U-vision Cable on HDMI#1 (does not need to be plugged into a device). Furthermore, progressive and interlaced modes changes constantly so you will never know when it switches to the other. Even though it is not native per se, it is 4K @ 60fps. The funny thing about this is that you will still get the info that it is running @ 1080p 60Hz (but its running 4K).

Note to PC gamers: Unless you have a HDMI 2.0 compatable video card, 4K @ 60 native is not supported due to HDMI 1.4 limitations on video cards. 970 and 980 GTX has it tricks that can put you at 31hz on this TV (50").

Anyways back to the issues. The unlocked pixel clocks does little to nothing on this TV as this TV is using a modified 1080p board. No, this is not a limit of the board but of the memory it allocates (pixels, aspect ratio, etc). One theory I attempted to test was reducing the "OS" features that uses the most memory and voltage (Cable TV, RGB output, and One HDMI output (#3 on the side)) now granted it did allow me to use the 4K resolution native @50hz but it would blank every 23 seconds in which you will have to manually turn back on the TV (who has time for that). My second theory was to trick the PC into thinking it has a 1080p lock so that the upscale feature will work......but I have no access to the VRAM or VBIOS (which is dangerous and I am not that skilled). The final therory I tested before accepting defeat was to reduce everything in the seiki firmware to only display on HDMI #1 and had only one menu (Service Menu) available but the same results as Theory #1 happened. (btw Memory=Bandwidth I just dont like using that word)
Thanks for trying YungMoni, at the very least we had an interesting time!

I'm a little confused by your post though. Are you saying that with a HDMI 2.0 video card us PC gamers can get 4k@60? Or am I reading this wrong?

post #396 of 399 Old 04-05-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colragland View Post
"HELP" My Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k the screen goes black it loses drops signal for a few seconds and the picture comes back while watching Blu-Ray movies running at 1080P it happens only once when watching at 1080P during movie..But if i use the Seiki U-Vision cable to upscale the Blu-Ray disc to 3840x2160 the screen blacks out it drops loses the signal 3 to 4 times during movie play back and the black screen seems to last 10 seconds or so before the picture comes back while using the Seiki U-Vision cable..I have used regular thick old school HDMI and new type RedMere cables for 1080P i have 8 different cables to try all with same results i have a sony Blu-Ray and a LG Blu-Ray player that i have used.I do not use this TV as a computer monitor..Thanks for any and all Help
I use an oppo bd-103 for upscaling and was having the same blanking problem..it would be for a few seconds about once every 15 minutes to 60 minutes. I was using monoprice HDMI cable which I have used for everything with no problems until I got this tv. Someone on another site said he fixed his by switching to this HDMI cable. I have tried firmware, different cables, different ports all to no avail until I tried this cable. I've had it for a month now and it hasn't blanked out once. I got it from Amazon, but you can probably get it from many places. IBRA 2m high speed orange gold HDMI
post #397 of 399 Old 04-05-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
I use an oppo bd-103 for upscaling and was having the same blanking problem..it would be for a few seconds about once every 15 minutes to 60 minutes. I was using monoprice HDMI cable which I have used for everything with no problems until I got this tv. Someone on another site said he fixed his by switching to this HDMI cable. I have tried firmware, different cables, different ports all to no avail until I tried this cable. I've had it for a month now and it hasn't blanked out once. I got it from Amazon, but you can probably get it from many places. IBRA 2m high speed orange gold HDMI
Thanks i just ordered one IBRA 2m high speed orange gold HDMI cable..I will update once the cable gets here and i try it out..My Fingers are crossed..Thanks
post #398 of 399 Old 04-05-2015, 04:32 PM

I had a few blanking issues. The stock 50" firmware and a good cable used fixed that. I use my Denon AVR to upscale everything to 4K and watch cable, netflix via a 360, and my PC (which I run at native 4k, so doesn't need to upscaled) but all inputs go through my Denon probably a good 10hrs a day and not a single blanking issue anymore.
post #399 of 399 Old Today, 01:38 PM

Well, I finally got the balls to update firmware, and instant brick. I updated and instead of showing the install screen, the light turned solid blue and stayed that way, so I unplugged the drive. All of a sudden, no remote input or screen display. I've read the whole thread by this point, and tried every download in it. Always format my drive (not the quick format either), always make sure the install.img has the correct name and is the only thing on the drive, always plug in the drive, then plug in the tv while holding the correct button. And as always, it flashes for about 30 seconds then it turns blue instead of red and just stays as such until I turn it off. Still no remote input, but I have tried the menu-0000-5down-right-enter option anyway. Nothing seems to work, The only variation I've gotten was once when I used the original-unmodded seiki firmware. I got about 2/3 of my screen to flash grey for a second, but then i got the blue light again as usual. Also when I tried it with YungMoni's 90mb file, it just kept the flashing updating light for over an hour, and I had to unplug it.

Anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong?

To make it clear here is my process:

1. fully format flash drive with at least 1gb maximum capacity
2. copy over the install.img
3. eject flash drive
4. Unplug TV
5. Insert drive
6. Hold 3rd button down and plug in tv
- I hear that TUN sound from the speaker some people have talked about
7. Light begins flashing
8. 30 seconds later, with no effect on the screen display, light turns blue and stays that way

I'll appreciate all the help I can get, and if anyone wants any of the .img's let me know, I've got an original Seiki one I can upload to mega as its own file if anyone wants it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread