Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 233 Old 07-13-2014, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mks100 View Post
Does anyone know the Firmware "Version" available on Seiki's Web Site? Just purchased my SE50UY04 yesterday and didn't want to override a newer Firmware "Version" (mine is listed as 1.0 but I have not seen a build date on the Forum past August of 2013). I took a picture of my Version Info for reference. Thanks in advance.
The version on Seiki's site is also 1.0

there is a 1.1 shipping on some TVs but i could not get Seiki support to give me a copy. ymmv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 233 Old 07-13-2014, 05:33 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr3yh47 View Post
The version on Seiki's site is also 1.0

there is a 1.1 shipping on some TVs but i could not get Seiki support to give me a copy. ymmv.
I will let you know if I hear anything from Seiki. Thanks for the response.
post #183 of 233 Old 07-13-2014, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone know how to disable the internal scaling of a Seiki 4K TV? I would like to trade off some of the resolution for a better refresh rate (30Hz = bad input lag for me). However, the internal scaler seems to be horrible.

I'd like to send 2560x1440 @ 70Hz and would like to disable the internal scaler of the Seiki (i.e. have 1:1 pixels => black bars on the top and bottom). I'm currently sending 2560x1440@70 from my Mac's HDMI.

I've cycles through the various zoom modes but all of them seem to zoom/scale to some extend (even the 1:1 mode!).
post #184 of 233 Old 07-16-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by username_taken View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the internal scaling of a Seiki 4K TV? I would like to trade off some of the resolution for a better refresh rate (30Hz = bad input lag for me). However, the internal scaler seems to be horrible.

I'd like to send 2560x1440 @ 70Hz and would like to disable the internal scaler of the Seiki (i.e. have 1:1 pixels => black bars on the top and bottom). I'm currently sending 2560x1440@70 from my Mac's HDMI.

I've cycles through the various zoom modes but all of them seem to zoom/scale to some extend (even the 1:1 mode!).

Menu > setup > zoom = "Just scan" should purely show what the GPU sends. check in your GPU driver software for a setting for where scaling is performed, in NVidia control panel it is under desktop size and scaling options, set to 'perform scaling on: GPU' and 'scaling:full screen'
post #185 of 233 Old 07-16-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
In my experience, you have to call them before 2pm Pacific or don't bother, they won't answer. Earlier is better still.

They also refuse to answer emails from what i can tell.
post #186 of 233 Old 07-16-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 103
NEWS FROM SEIKI:

Seiki Unconverting UHD BDP

http://www.twice.com/news/blu-raydvd...y-player/45776

Seiki Ultra HD Pro Line

http://www.twice.com/news/tv/seiki-u...monitors/45801
post #187 of 233 Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got a Seiki 50 inch from Sears. I've got it hooked up in bedroom to Directv receiver. I've got the Uvision cable connected. All I get is 1080p. How do I get it to display 4k? Is there a way to lower the HZ on the receiver to 30. that's how I got it to work with my 39inch a Seiki on my Surface Pro.
post #188 of 233 Old 07-18-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballista View Post
What am I doing wrong?

This TV doesn't seem to work that way. I think that was a "generic" how to upgrade firmware for their TVs but this one is different
It worked for me:

#1 :Formatted flash drive (I used a Kingston DataTraveler 32GB USB 3.0, but I'm sure others work)... fat32, disabled the quick format option..

#2 ownloaded the firmware .zip file

#3 :Unzipped the .img file in the .zip file, and put this on the flash drive.

#4 :Unplugged the TV

#5 :Plugged the USB flash drive into USB 1 (The one in the back.. it seems to make a difference.)

#6 :Plugged in the TV. It loaded the new firmware right up.

#7 :Unplugged the TV when it was done, and removed the flash drive.

It's also worth noting, this fixed the TV when it was bricked through using the service menu (Menu 0000)

-Myke
post #189 of 233 Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Need Help!

I got the 50" today but it's doing 1080p,would like to go 2560x1440@70.Specs Amd 7970 crossfire,win-7 Ult.Fireware is the v1.1 on HDMI any help would be appreciated.
post #190 of 233 Old 07-20-2014, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
On the tv menu > setup > aspect or zoom = just scan

Will fix the overscan, had the same thing on my nvidia gtx 550ti
Thanks. Nvidia has updated drivers so didn't need a new 4k card. Getting the full resolution now from PC.

Blu-rays (many) looking stellar at 4k through the cable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Insider thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
? R.I.P.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Samuel Johnson 1709-1784, British Author
post #191 of 233 Old 07-22-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike21 View Post
I got the 50" today but it's doing 1080p,would like to go 2560x1440@70.Specs Amd 7970 crossfire,win-7 Ult.Fireware is the v1.1 on HDMI any help would be appreciated.
Video signal setting should be 3840x2160 max must also 24hz or 30hz max refresh rate.

Insider thread
? R.I.P.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
post #192 of 233 Old 07-22-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Any response or answer about the firmware update?

It appears the version number of the download on the website is lower than what's already in the sets being sold in recent months.

Is this accurate? My set has the 1.1 Customer Version but I still see the issue with screen blanking, losing the signal momentarily intermittently.

Not sure if the posted firmware (or the one hacked and posted by user in this thread) corrects the issue and improves anything or not...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CurrentSoftwareVersion.gif
Views:	80
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	175418  

Insider thread
? R.I.P.
post #193 of 233 Old 07-23-2014, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlsim View Post

It appears the version number of the download on the website is lower than what's already in the sets being sold in recent months.

Is this accurate? My set has the 1.1 Customer Version but I still see the issue with screen blanking, losing the signal momentarily intermittently.

Not sure if the posted firmware (or the one hacked and posted by user in this thread) corrects the issue and improves anything or not...
If you are using the Seiki scaler cable that may be the source of your problem. Tried one on the 39" and the loss of signal (blanking) started and became more frequent over time. Removed scaler and no blanking since then. Sent cable back to amazon and didn't replace. Software version 1.1.
post #194 of 233 Old 07-23-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlsim View Post

My 50" set has the same version, and I have not experienced any issues with or without the U-Vision cable. I would suggest you make sure that you're using a high-speed HDMI cable; I've had issues with the cable included with the TV, so I would not recommend it. Anyone using the U-Vision cable needs to make certain that the USB line is plugged into a jack that can provide sufficient power for the scaler chip...some ports apparently do not.
post #195 of 233 Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Questions, Need Help Please!

I got the 50-Inch 4k Seiki today. I set up with my xbox one and I could not get 1080p 120Hz? Is it possible and what do I need to do to make this happen. Currently it displays 1080P 60Hz. I have read all comments on this forum and unless I missed something or just didn't follow I didn't see the answer to my question.

I also connected the tv to my direct tv box and the best picture I could get is 1080i 60Hz ( note I am using the Seiki hdmi up-converter cable). I went into my direct tv setting and when I switch it to 1080p, the Seiki tv says its displaying in 4k 3840x2160 4k 24Hz, this last for about 10 seconds and then it kicks me back to 1080i 60Hz.
*note when I switch HDMI cords with the cord received in the box, I can select 1080P in my direct tv settings, after clicking 1080p the tv switches to 1080p 24Hz and once again after 10 seconds I get kicked out and this time saying (from the direct tv) that my tv supports it and will work with certain channels when possible and then instantly kicks me back to 1080i?

I have not tested 4k out yet, I hopefully will have time to play around with that tomorrow/ or saturday!

Any information that could help me out would be greatly appreciated!
post #196 of 233 Old 07-25-2014, 09:18 PM

Massive Light Blled

Hi all, I recently received the SE50UY04 and am pretty pleased with it during the day. However, when viewed at night (in a dark room), I am seeing enormous amounts of light bleed from the corners during dark scenes (see attached photo). I have the SE39UY04 as well and the light bleeding isn't noticeable. Does anyone else have light bleed this bad?

Name:	IMG_20140725_230000082.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	180530
post #197 of 233 Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday04 View Post
I got the 50-Inch 4k Seiki today. I set up with my xbox one and I could not get 1080p 120Hz? Is it possible and what do I need to do to make this happen. Currently it displays 1080P 60Hz. I have read all comments on this forum and unless I missed something or just didn't follow I didn't see the answer to my question.

I also connected the tv to my direct tv box and the best picture I could get is 1080i 60Hz ( note I am using the Seiki hdmi up-converter cable). I went into my direct tv setting and when I switch it to 1080p, the Seiki tv says its displaying in 4k 3840x2160 4k 24Hz, this last for about 10 seconds and then it kicks me back to 1080i 60Hz.
*note when I switch HDMI cords with the cord received in the box, I can select 1080P in my direct tv settings, after clicking 1080p the tv switches to 1080p 24Hz and once again after 10 seconds I get kicked out and this time saying (from the direct tv) that my tv supports it and will work with certain channels when possible and then instantly kicks me back to 1080i?

I have not tested 4k out yet, I hopefully will have time to play around with that tomorrow/ or saturday!

Any information that could help me out would be greatly appreciated!
1080p@120Hz evidently needs the firmware hack posted in this thread here: Official Seiki SE50UY04 50-Inch 4K UHD Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arupman View Post
Hi all, I recently received the SE50UY04 and am pretty pleased with it during the day. However, when viewed at night (in a dark room), I am seeing enormous amounts of light bleed from the corners during dark scenes (see attached photo). I have the SE39UY04 as well and the light bleeding isn't noticeable. Does anyone else have light bleed this bad?

Attachment 180530
Don't see it. Maybe a defective unit best returned.

Insider thread
? R.I.P.
post #198 of 233 Old 07-27-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arupman View Post

Attachment 180530
Have you reduced the backlight setting? If not, go into the service menu (menu> press 0000) under other and reduce it to something like 40-50 and see if that makes a difference, If so, adjust contrast up to compensate if needed. Perhaps I am lucky but the 39" I use for a pc monitor has very good backlight uniformity with backlight set at 40. Good luck.
post #199 of 233 Old 07-27-2014, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post
If you are using the Seiki scaler cable that may be the source of your problem. Tried one on the 39" and the loss of signal (blanking) started and became more frequent over time. Removed scaler and no blanking since then. Sent cable back to amazon and didn't replace. Software version 1.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
My 50" set has the same version, and I have not experienced any issues with or without the U-Vision cable. I would suggest you make sure that you're using a high-speed HDMI cable; I've had issues with the cable included with the TV, so I would not recommend it. Anyone using the U-Vision cable needs to make certain that the USB line is plugged into a jack that can provide sufficient power for the scaler chip...some ports apparently do not.
I have both a scaler cable and an adapter. I also run my PC straight since it can put the required 4K/24hz signal directly.

I did notice early on that the USB power on the Seiki cable and the adapter can be a source of issues. When I had them connected the TVs own USB connections sometimes i had to connect and reconnect it due to a complete loss of signal.

I have both cables hooked up now USB to a wall adapter and that is working much better for the cable but still seeing blanking issues with adapter. Will need to try a little more process of elimination but I notice that it's only doing the blanking on 4K signal while 1080p signals are rock solid.

I'm using the Seiki cable that came with the TV and going to the adapter so I'm starting to suspect the adapter may be defective or there a problem with the particular hdmi input on 4K.

I do see a much less frequent blank out on my PC with a regular hdmi cable but it's infrequent enough to be bearable. On the Seiki adapter it's too frequent at 4K. Makes me think there is an issue still with firmware perhaps but not sure where to get an update that will definitely address it.

This is the part where I think I am paying the price for going with a "ultra low price (cheap)" set AND early adopting 4k.
I'm enjoying it but just watching and waiting before getting a better set with better support from the manufacturer.

Insider thread
? R.I.P.

Last edited by Dahlsim; 08-05-2014 at 09:15 PM.
post #200 of 233 Old 08-13-2014, 08:35 PM

Getting bad Contrast shift (50")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevious View Post
If anyone is interested I hacked up the seiki firmware for the 39/50 inch model:

http://box.houkouonchi.jp/seiki_firm/install.img

It has a modified EDID so it now has 1080p@120Hz and 720p@240Hz built into it (as well as 24/25/30 Hz 4k modes). This is usefull for driver upgrades not needing to do inf updates and for using the display with devices that can output @ 120Hz 1080p but you can't set custom modes on (ps4, xbox? I dont know... do they exist)?

EDIT:
Oh, I almost forgot.. I also took out the YCbCR support in the EDID as this has been ****ing with the colors for people and it seems some people have had issues disabling it so I removed it from the EDID on my firmware hack:

(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): --- EDID for SEK SeikiMod (DFP-1) ---
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): EDID Version : 1.3
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Manufacturer : SEK
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Monitor Name : SEK SeikiMod
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Product ID : 0x0000
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): 32-bit Serial Number : 0x00000001
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Serial Number String :
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Manufacture Date : 2013, week 9
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): DPMS Capabilities : Standby
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Input Type : Digital
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Prefer first detailed timing : Yes
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Supports GTF : No
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Maximum Image Size : 1100 mm x 620 mm
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Valid HSync Range : 24.0 kHz - 60.0 kHz
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Valid VRefresh Range : 50.0 Hz - 75.0 Hz
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): EDID maximum pixel clock : 297.0 MHz
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): CEA-861 extension block # : 0
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): CEA-861 revision : 3
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): IEEE Vendor Registration ID: 00-0c-03
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Supports YCbCr 4:4:4 : No
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Supports YCbCr 4:2:2 : No
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Supports Basic Audio : No
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Audio Descriptor : 0
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Audio Format : PCM
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Maximum Channels : 2
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Sample Rates : 32KHz, 44KHz, 48KHz
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Sample Sizes : 16-bits, 20-bits, 24-bits
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Speaker Allocation Data :
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): Front Left + Front Right
(--) Feb 21 03:26:45 NVIDIA(0): EDID bits per component : 0
I am getting a bad contrast flicker (1080p @120 hz). I can see darker or lighter spots in a still image moving back and forth as if the TV's contrast setting is jumping around. Is there any way I can have the pixel format info put back onto the firmware hack? I am using an AMD 290x and it has a pixel selector in the control center maybe if I toggle through them one will fix this?

Last edited by Eric Crenshaw; 08-13-2014 at 08:40 PM.
post #201 of 233 Old 08-17-2014, 01:39 PM

Hey guys. I purchased a SE50UY04 a couple weeks ago and I just got my mini displayport adapter in yesterday to test out the 4k. However, when I hook up my laptop to the TV, I'm able to get a signal 3840x2160@30Hz, but there are these weird artifacts that are occurring all over the screen. I'd say like 98% of the pixels are outputting correctly but then like the other 2% are flashing and displaying the wrong color. See my attachment to see what I'm referring to. I tested different HDMIs and got the same result and the problem only occurs when outputting a 4k signal. I did notice that if I change my brightness setting via my Nvidia control panel that artifacts will disappear where they were occurring but reappear in other places. It appears that they tend to occur only in really dark areas on the screen. Not sure if any of that information is important, but I thought it might help in the diagnosis. Let me know what you guys are thinking! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-08-16 21.02.29.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	216481  
post #202 of 233 Old 08-17-2014, 04:54 PM

Hi. I bought the 55 inch 4k Seiki and I have read that the 50" FW on the 39" helps input lag for console gaming.

Can the 50" FW work on the 55" in the same manner?

The input lag on my PS4 is average normal but games like COD, avg normal is unacceptable.

Also, I have yet to be able to see anything higher than 60hz at 1080p despite the advertised 120.

There is no listed FW upgrade officially on Seiki's site.
post #203 of 233 Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 PM

Just received my new SEIKI SE50UY04, and it's really.. disappointing. I'm trying to use my HP laptop as a source via HDMI, but this machine won't hold an image for more than a few seconds before going black & humming as it "seeks" a video source. I already updated the firmware to the version currently posted on the site, but nothing has changed.

Can anybody shine some light on this?

Oh, & hi; I'm new here. :P

BB

Edit: Oh, & I'm also using a separate high-speed HDMI cable that I bought somewhere else, so not the cable that comes with it.

Last edited by BugBear; 08-20-2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: add
post #204 of 233 Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugBear View Post
Just received my new SEIKI SE50UY04, and it's really.. disappointing. I'm trying to use my HP laptop as a source via HDMI, but this machine won't hold an image for more than a few seconds before going black & humming as it "seeks" a video source. I already updated the firmware to the version currently posted on the site, but nothing has changed.

Can anybody shine some light on this?

Oh, & hi; I'm new here. :P

BB

Edit: Oh, & I'm also using a separate high-speed HDMI cable that I bought somewhere else, so not the cable that comes with it.
What resolution and refresh rate are you using, how long is the cable, have you tried a different cable, and what is the laptop model and graphics info?
post #205 of 233 Old 08-21-2014, 06:07 AM

Unhappy "Not Support"???

Quote:
What resolution and refresh rate are you using, how long is the cable, have you tried a different cable, and what is the laptop model and graphics info?
Thans for your response!

The screen shows "HDMI3 3840X2160@30hZ". Today, I switched from my 12' high-speed cable to the blue one that came with the unit, but am getting the same results. Also, now I'm getting a "Not Support" message on blue screen. (Please tell me that sending a computer signal at 4K *is* supported, as this is precisely why I bought this unit.) Was hoping to drive this with a Linux-box too, at some point. How is one supposed to drive a 4K tv without using a computer?

My setup: HP Envy Touchsmart 17.3" with Nvidia 740M (or Intel HD 4600) GPU running Windows 8.1

TV Info:

Version Info

Baseline Ver: 522712
Customer Ver: Ver 1.0
Order Form: SY13121
Board Ver: ST2975K_R10.3
Panel Info: CMI_V500DK1_LS1
Customer: SEIKI
Produce Date May 21 2013
Produce Time 02:44:22 PM

Boot Ver: 0001.0716.1017
Linux Ver: 000
Video Ver: 502040
Audio Ver: 494203
AP Ver: 522712

Calling Customer Support (starting at ~530AM PST) but not reaching anybody..)

Any thoughts?
post #206 of 233 Old 08-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

I have had little to no luck with the cable that came with it also. I think that signal is very cable dependant? I would try to buy the shortest highest rated cable you can find. I am using a 6' Display Port to hdmi cable I bought at Best Buy it works 90% of the time but sometimes you have to adjust the cable because it loses connection?

Kevin C.
post #207 of 233 Old 08-21-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwoodrow View Post
Hey guys. I purchased a SE50UY04 a couple weeks ago and I just got my mini displayport adapter in yesterday to test out the 4k. However, when I hook up my laptop to the TV, I'm able to get a signal 3840x2160@30Hz, but there are these weird artifacts that are occurring all over the screen. I'd say like 98% of the pixels are outputting correctly but then like the other 2% are flashing and displaying the wrong color. See my attachment to see what I'm referring to. I tested different HDMIs and got the same result and the problem only occurs when outputting a 4k signal. I did notice that if I change my brightness setting via my Nvidia control panel that artifacts will disappear where they were occurring but reappear in other places. It appears that they tend to occur only in really dark areas on the screen. Not sure if any of that information is important, but I thought it might help in the diagnosis. Let me know what you guys are thinking! Thanks!
Anyone have any ideas at all? If not, I think I'm just going to return it or pursue the manufacturer's warranty.
post #208 of 233 Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwoodrow View Post
Anyone have any ideas at all? If not, I think I'm just going to return it or pursue the manufacturer's warranty.
Try different HDMI cables preferably 6 feet or longer and clearly marked as high speed or 4k rated. Your photo shows what could be sparkles which used to occur if very early hdmi cables (rated 1080i) were used for 1080p60. Also, make sure the adapter is 4k rated. Good luck.
post #209 of 233 Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Try different HDMI cables preferably 6 feet or longer and clearly marked as high speed or 4k rated. Your photo shows what could be sparkles which used to occur if very early hdmi cables (rated 1080i) were used for 1080p60. Also, make sure the adapter is 4k rated. Good luck.
I've tried separate HDMI cables but the same results occur. Do you think it could be the cheap mini displayPort adapter I purchased from China?
post #210 of 233 Old 08-21-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Having heard abouyt troubles with the included cable, I tried first with a brand new, high-speed rated 12'-long HDMI cable. It was no better than the cable that came with the unit. It's been just over 12 hours since I got my TV & I'm really starting to dislike Seiki, seeing as I tried to reach customer support starting at 5AM without ever reaching anyone.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page