Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. Budget

$1500 - $3000

2. Seating distance

7 to 10 ft

3. Size/placement limitations

It will go above my firepace, i have room for up to 70 inches. On each side of the tv are my windows. My back will be against the wall watching the tv.

The wife probably wont appreciate anything greater than 65in, but 60in is acceptable.

1080p or greater (if it exist) is a must.

4. Uses and sources

I have a Receiver (Denon 2113 or 2313, dont remember right now). So everything connects to that. but whats left is my HTPC and my cable box.

5. Lighting

Just the energy efficient bulbs in the ceiling light. Sometimes we turn it off and use the light in the next room (as ambient light).

6. Other

A point of interest, my current TV is the Samsung LN-S4696D. Old by today's standard, so all the TVs i have seen in the stores have been impressive. I think i have a bias with Samsung TVs.

i am a noob, and realize that i am reaching out to a very savy group. Your patience and knowledge is very much appreciated.

PTMD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-28-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi ,

I won`t tell you what tv to get , but I will tell you , stay away from Samsung F8000 series , they are a mess with bugs.
I have a 46" , and can tell you unless you get a really good return policy , do not buy.

I know this is out of your budget , but if you can swing an extra 2K , buy the Sony XBR , or wait until they go on sale , if you have the room.

Sony did not make a 46/47" XBR this year frown.gif , if they did I would have bought it !

Best of luck ! smile.gif

Gary 
post #3 of 5 Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Jedi

I have been reading that the F series has a ton of bugs! especially the F8000, which was what i was thinking of buying. But my initial research and reliance on this website has made be defer.

What should i consider, if not the F8000, should i look at the ES8000, or consider another product like the Sony XBR?

thoughts?

PTMD
post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi PTMD ,

Here is what I would do , if you can wait until the price drops on the Sony XBR`s.

4th of July and Labor Day there are always sales , and that is when football season starts , so there will be sales.

Also black friday to think about , I know this does not help you now , but given your budget , if you can wait , it might work to your advantage wink.gif

I have always liked Sony , and when the PS4 and there catalog of Blue-Rays goes Ultra Hi-Def , I do believe you will see the current XBR`s have a drop in price.

If you need one now , I would look to Panasonic , but stay away from Toshiba and LG as well.

It is really a tuff year to buy a tv , not a whole lot of really good stuff out there , except for the XBR`s , and you really can`t go wrong with an XBR.

Like I said , if I would have had the room , I would have bought the 55" Sony XBR in a heart beat !

Take care and best of luck smile.gif

Later,

Gary 
post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

I will wait for the sale!!!!

those prices are just ridiculous!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page