HELP, brand new UN60F6300 keeps rebooting randomly when remote is used - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #31 of 55 Old 05-28-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Since getting the firmware update 1200.  No restarts for 3 wks now. yeah!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 05-28-2014, 06:54 PM

Liked: 10

Other threads on other websites suggest that this is an ongoing problem with some models of the Samsung LED Smart TVs.  It appears that everyone's experience dealing with Samsung regarding this issue is different.  Clearly, Samsung, after months of complaints, must realize that fiddling with remotes and wires, resetting the TV, and updating firmware is not the answer.  If and when Samsung sends a repair person, I will let you know the outcome.  Please, someone, if you find a fix, let us know!

post #33 of 55 Old 05-28-2014, 06:55 PM

I did that update and still get restarts.

post #34 of 55 Old 05-31-2014, 09:05 PM

Same problem here. Started about 3-4 months ago. Random shut downs when using THE OEM remote (noticeably the source and volume funtions because that's all I use it for). Shuts down also when using the jockey control on the back of the tv. I press the jockey button in and i know its about to shut off because the bottom right display box shows up blank...10-15 seconds later shuts off. There have been a handful of shutdowns while gaming for several hours with remote untouched. I'm currently on my 4th visit from samsung... 1st visit changed motherboard, 2nd visit tech saw no error codes which was completely false but I was at work when he came. 3rd visit changed ribbon by new tech and company that Samsung brought in. 4th visit another motherboard! We are now on day two since the last visit (yesterday) and changing of the motherboard.Same problem exist with the tv shutting down when remote is being used and I'm sure the other 2 problems still exist as well. So none of the problems have been fixed and thats why I am posting on this board. This is my third samsung tv that I have purchased and have had problems with them all. The first one was a capacitor the other was a bad power board I think I was told. I ate the cost with the other two samsung tvs totaling 495.00 and a tv (i tried replacing the capacitor myself due to it being right out of warranty just like the other with power board) but not this time!It's still under warranty until the end of November. I also noticed the last tech left the ir blaster unplugged.i thought it was weird but I do remember him asking if I used it and I told him no due to the problems with the remote and limiting it's uses. Well I plug the ir blaster back in to see if it worked (checked before the problem presented it's self again) and it won't even recognize the blaster. I'm sure the tech turned that option off thinking that was the culprit. Well that's my experience with samsung as a whole. I'm curious what they are going to say when I call them again tomorrow..... I'm glad I only paid 1300 for this one since that's all I think they deserved for the reputation they have consistently earned with me. If it wasn't for their "FEATURES" like the smart hub with wifi and I really wanted to be able to use screen mirroring with my note 2 and that stopped working a few months ago!!! Learn from my mistakes if you still have a chance and don't go with samsung tvs. Just stick to their phones and you will be a happy camper
post #35 of 55 Old 05-31-2014, 10:50 PM

hey guys, I'm having the exact same issue with my UN75F6300. Worked fine for the first 2 months and now since yesterday it randomly goes into a "boot loop"

my question to any of you that are experiencing this issue; have any of you have the TV hook up to a power conditioner? Reason I ask is because it seems that there are a lot of people that have zero issues with their set and then there are people that keep experiencing the issue even after the TV has been replaced.

This is just speculation but maybe the reboot is caused by "dirty power", or that the TV is very sensitive to power spike maybe? I do not have a power conditioner but I did just plug the TV into another outset on another wall via an extension cord and the reboots stopped. For now at least.

I did plug the TV into my Kill-A-Watt meter and monitoring it for power spikes, my outlet fluctuates from 117.7 to 119.8 volts but since the boot loop has not reoccurred since I moved the outlet I cannot tell yet if its due to any voltage spike. Maybe, it took 2 months for the stock capacitors to wear out and now the TV is super sensitive to power surges

If anyone has a power conditioner and is still experiencing these boot loops / restarts please chime in in disprove my theory so I dont go out and waste my money on one.

Thanks!

oh BTW, this TV was advertised as having an average power consumption of 110w for the 75" model BUT my Kill-A-Watt reads 200w during dark scenes and 270 watts during bright scenes in "ECO" mode. Looks like Samsung is pulling a Ford on us
post #36 of 55 Old 06-01-2014, 11:27 AM

I have mine plugged into one of monsters along with my coax cable and there is also my PlayStation and receiver. I hardly ever use the receiver and I'm the only on this 20 amp breaker. Who knows what the solution is at this point....i know they sure dont!
post #37 of 55 Old 06-01-2014, 03:17 PM

I've been experimenting with these reboots for a while as well. Tried messing with network connectivity, power/tv connections, misc settings. The one thing that I've found to have a noticeable change is turning OFF all the eco sensor and eco timers. I got the idea because it seemed to have issues during twilight. It's sad, as I really like it changing the brightness dynamically depending on the amount of light in the room, but since I turned off all of that, I haven't experienced anymore reboots. (I do still notice something that appears to be a power cycle when the TV is off, every day, at the same time... but I think that's something different.)

Can anyone else confirm/deny the eco settings having any affect on this rebooting issue?

post #38 of 55 Old 06-02-2014, 01:57 AM

yeah, so it does seem like were most likely experiencing the same capacitor issue that plagued samsung TV's for years now. I wasn't aware of this but doing a Google searches all weekend, I'm almost certain. I'm going to call Samsung tomorrow and ask for a warranty service. I got my UN75F6300 from one of Amazon's warehouse deals, so hopefully they wont give me crap about that. Its less than 60 days old.

My question to you guys: I have my set hung using one of these super flush mounts where the tv is completely flush against the wall (I even cut a hole in the wall behind the input jacks so that there is no gap). Its been about 85 to 90*F here in los angeles and the issues started since the temps got hot. Could this have caused the caps to go bad? the high heat and low ventilation behind the TV? What exactly causes a capacitor to go bad? is it high heat or irregular voltage? basically trying to figure out that in order to future proof this thing once the caps are replaced to either place a 120mm PC case fan on the back of the TV over the power board or if I should instead invest in a power conditioner unit?
post #39 of 55 Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 PM

As I said earlier in this thread, I have had the rebooting issue (TV turning on/off by itself) for weeks now with my Samsung Smart TV, model UN40F6400AFXZA.  My TV was purchased on Amazon Dec 2013.  After trying to troubleshoot the problem myself by updating firmware, etc, Samsung finally issued a service ticket and sent a TV repair person to my home regarding what he called the recycling issue.  The repair guy, who was an independent contractor under contract with Samsung,  said it is a known issue with Samsung (although they certainly don't admit it when you contact them for repair).  He said the proof that Samsung knows it is an ongoing issue is that they sent him the parts before he even came to look at my TV to diagnose the problem.  He said that the ribbon cable between the powerboard and the motherboard has been known to fail.  If your TV is under warranty, just contact Samsung and they will replace the ribbon cable, along with the powerboard and motherboard if needed.  If you are out of warranty, it would be really easy to replace the cable yourself if you can get the part.  The back of the TV comes off easily with multiple phillips screws.  On my model, the motherboard is on the left when looking at the back of the TV; the powerboard is on the right; and the ribbon cable connects them. He said often that the white ribbon cable looks blackened, which is a sure sign there is a problem.  My ribbon cable was black to start out with not white..... so it wasn't easily visible to see if  the cable was failing.  For that reason, he replaced both the cable and the powerboard just to be safe.  I have now gone 3 days without an issue, so I am hopeful this repair has solved the problem!  He did not say the cause of the failure, but I will say that my TV is also flush mounted on the wall.  I do, however, live in cold upstate NY, so I am not sure overheating would be an issue this time of year).  Good luck!

post #40 of 55 Old 06-10-2014, 07:39 AM

Well at now I know I am not going crazy!  I'm sorry so many others are having this issue but I too have a Samsung Smart TV model UN46F6350AFXZA that I purchased on Ebay new from an online electronics dealer.  It worked great for about a week then started the power cycling thing, randomly turning itself off and on.  I wrote to the Ebay dealer and he suggested I contact Samsung about the issue so I did since I really didn't want to box it back up and mail it back to him for a refund less a 15% restocking fee!  After many hours and many sessions of firmware updates, diagnostics and unplugging and replugging it back in, they agreed to schedule a service call for Friday.   Fingers crossed that the guy will bring the parts he needs to fix it and that the fix will hold.  I notice that some of you were helped by the motherboard, powerboard or ribbon cable being replaced.  If none of those works, I will mail it back to the Ebay deal and go to Best Buy where I should I have gone in the first place and buy anything but a Samsung!!

post #41 of 55 Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 AM

Funny you mention the motherboard because Samsung mailed my service guy all 3 items: motherboard, powerboard, and cable.  He only replaced the powerboard and cable and said the motherboard is usually not damaged.  Obviously, however, the motherboard has been an issue too if Samsung would mail those 3 items in advance to the repair person.  By the way, it's been a full week and my TV is still working properly so I am hoping the cable and powerboard replacement have done the trick!!!

post #42 of 55 Old 06-10-2014, 08:50 AM

Thanks!  good to know...

Hmmm... I just got a call from my repair guy who told me that it most likely was not the motherboard as well.  He said that with my model they are having a new problem and he was ordering parts now, hoping to get them in by Thursday.  We will just have to wait and see, I guess.  Fingers crossed I don't have to keep going through this over and over again.  Argh!

post #43 of 55 Old 06-18-2014, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassKozz View Post
I believe I have figured out the issue, whenever network is connected to this TV, the TV exhibits this behavior, when I disconnect the network connection the problem goes away.
I have tried both WiFi and wired connections, it doesn't matter which I use, the TV fails after a random period of time. It is as if it is doing something in the background (updating itself or something) that overloads the CPU and it crashes.
For now I am running the TV w/out connection to the internet to keep my TV working

WTF Samsung !
Hey guys....
My TV - UN50F6300

This morning I woke up and turned on the news. A few moments later the tv reboots, I didnt think much of it as I was still waking up. Next it then started to reboot every 60 seconds on the dot.(yes I timed it) While going through all the menu options and preforming a factory reset, it then started to reboot every 30 seconds!!!
This was really annoying as I could now not complete the setup process.

So I turned to the Al Gore's interwebs...
After reading several threads with no real answers I found this one.
I unplugged my network cable a viola!
No more reboots!

Next I changed my network settings to wireless and wouldn't you know....reboot....reboot....reboot.
Turned wireless off.....no more reboots.
There seems to be an issue with the NIC in this thing.

Ill call Samsung today and see what they say.

Last edited by theinfamousdrew; 06-18-2014 at 03:13 AM.
post #44 of 55 Old 06-19-2014, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had the same issue. Motherboard was changed, worked for one hour. Then cable was changed and that fix did work.

Firmware and complete reset were temporary solutions that did not last.
post #45 of 55 Old 08-06-2014, 05:14 AM

Liked: 0
My TV has been doing the same thing very randomly. I tried everything suggested by costumer service. I have the recent firmware (v12.00). The only thing I noticed that helped was unplugging and plugging back in the cable that can be access on the small removable panel on the back. Sometimes if I play around with that, it will behave for a while.

After taking it apart I noticed that the cable serves two purposes: 1. the remote receiver/back toggle botton. 2. The wifi card.

I have come across at least one person claiming that samsung had a batch of bad wifi cards that could be causing this. Apparently the tech replaced just the wifi card to resolve the situation. I wonder if anyone else has noticed that.
post #46 of 55 Old 08-06-2014, 09:50 PM

I might have posted earlier: they went through replacing two parts, first was motherboard, second some kind of cable. The first fix worked for 2 hours, second still works after 1 year. Firmware is irrelevant. TV is on wifi on a different floor far from router.
Redrobin likes this.
post #47 of 55 Old 09-25-2014, 12:07 PM

They have replaced on mine the main board, the wire harness, the jog shuttle, we did a firm ware update to v.1200. Techs took the TV to their shop and left an identical one at my house. (Not sure where that came from) Mine did not do it at their shop, the replacement TV misbehaved at my house. Now Samsung has asked me to plug it directly into the wall and bypass the surge protector. They will call back tomorrow. This is lame. Mine does not reboot everyday, I can go weeks and it not do it but than again I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do I want it to work properly. I am afraid to adjust the volume while watching TV for fear it will reboot. I will post if I get any where. If it were this easy to fix it would have happened long time ago.
post #48 of 55 Old 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM

Cool Try this out

I have a Samsung 78 inch 6300 that was doing this exact thing. Eventually it was so bad it just cycled power and would not operate.

I talked to a samsung tech who said it was either the power board or the main board. I was convinced something electro-mechanical was going like a connector loose because I could wiggle my tv sometimes to get it to stop (try this).

After taking off the back panel and checking all the connectors I went further and removed the outer bezel and found that the connector on the IR power control module was not fully inserted. That's the receiver module for the remote. The harness was installed with too much tension so I re routed the harness slightly and reseated the connector.

My tv is now fixed. Cost - 0$. Try it out.
post #49 of 55 Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsv View Post
Had the same issue. Motherboard was changed, worked for one hour. Then cable was changed and that fix did work.

Firmware and complete reset were temporary solutions that did not last.
Do you know where I can find that cable? Mine is a UN60ES7100. It's doing the off-on thing every 5 minutes exactly with pinpoint accuracy. I took the back panel off. Capacitors look fine. I'm assuming the cable would be the cheapest to replace but don't know what it's called. Is it the one that connects the main board to the power board? Or is the L-shaped ribbon that goes from the main board to the T-Con board?

This is aggravating. Last time I'm buying Samsung (have 2 TVs, a washer & dryer, and a fridge).
post #50 of 55 Old 03-29-2015, 10:02 PM

Sorry I did not take a look at the replaced part at the time. Did few searches now. There are more threads on this issue now than there were before. There are references to fast track troubleshooting manuals of some sort as well. Good luck. And yes, I don't think I will be buying Samsung tv, and I did not bother to buy extended warranty, figured will throw it away if something like this happens again. Amount of time wasted on these repairs was unbelievable.
post #51 of 55 Old 03-30-2015, 04:39 PM

After spending most of my Sunday working on the TV, I think I found a solution to my problem (fingers crossed). It really bothered me that the TV was doing the off-on thing every 5 minutes (to the exact second). If it was a random problem (like a bad board or power supply or a bad capacitor) it should behave randomly.... not cyclically every 5 minutes. I surmised that the TV must be stuck TRYING to do something and that it reboots every 5 minutes if unsuccessful (i.e. it tells itself to give up every 5 minutes). Since my problems all started with a spotty wifi connection last year, I thought maybe the wifi was still interfering even though I don't use it and it's not even configured anymore.

With the TV back panel removed for most of the day yesterday, I noticed that there was a connector on the main board labeled "WIFI". It's very small, near the upper right corner. I unplugged it from the main board and turned on the TV. So far, no more turning off-on every 5 minutes. The TV is behaving normally !!!

Fingers crossed it stays that way. Maybe I found a solution (bad wifi module that was interfering with the TV, making it restart every 5 minutes).
post #52 of 55 Old 04-15-2015, 07:50 AM

I've got a samsung UA55F8000 and I've been having the same issue, of auto power cycling. I purchased the unit in Australia and then shortly moved over to Singapore, so no warranty cover for me. I resorted to pulling out the power cable, waiting for a minute or so then plugging it back. Short term fix but only in the initially weeks.

I then opened the it up, found the part number of the power board, search for it online and purchased one from China (where the majority of the TV's are made). Thought it would be easier than trying to find which, if any of the capacitors were faulty. I've had the replacement power board for about three weeks, was ok in the first week but now it's back to rebooting every 30mins or so and getting into a bad cycle. So most likely not the power board unless it has faulty capacitors...

As of tonight I've updated the unit to Firmware version 1120. I initially held off because I've had issues in the past with firmware updates killing NetFlix.

I also notice an update for my router (TV currently connected via wi-fi).

So I'm going to see what happens with both of these changes.. hopefully one of them would have worked.

If not, then I'm going to look at wi-fi and lan connections, possible unplugging the wifi chip, and search for lose parts... maybe even replacing the other boards.
post #53 of 55 Old 04-18-2015, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I fixed the capacitors on a LNT4665 a year or so ago and it has worked flawlessly since. I had virtually no soldering experience (bought the tools specifically for this job) so if the capacitors are the root cause anyone can really fix it.

Don't know if it was posted but this is one of the tutorials I followed.
post #54 of 55 Old 04-18-2015, 12:12 PM

In regard to the numerous reports of Samsung flat screens shutting down or rebooting for no initially discernable reason, I had a similar problem with the 40h6300 I purchased over a year ago (out of warranty).

At first, I thought it might have been something related to the hard drives It had.connected directly to USB ports. I didn't expect to have trouble because they are desktop drives with their own power supply.

Unplugging them didn't help.

I kept trying to isolate the cause and eventually discovered that it went away after I replaced the batteries in the remote. It seems that my remote was sending out some codes, just sitting there, which caused all kinds of things to happen, including the shutdowns.

One really annoying thing that it has done since day one is that, between commercials and when commercial break comes back to programming, the bottom of the screen darkens and then comes back to normal in a very inelegant way. It takes a long time and then the best way I can describe it is that it just isn't a smooth transition back to full brightness.

I've tried turning off all options related to both eco control of the screen and to clear motion. Nothing I've tried has helped.

Hopefully this is a thing that someone else has run into. Google pointed to this thread.
post #55 of 55 Unread Today, 08:40 AM

Angry

WOW

This problem is exactly the same as my problem

I purchased a bush 55" smart TV from Argos' it rebooted every 5 minutes apart from when i disconnected all internet activity.
I took the tv back for replacement and the new one was exactly the same.

Took that back for a slightly different model An Hitachi 55 inch slightly more expensive when i un boxed it' it looked exactly the same apart from the on screen logo' plugged it in and its exactly the same.

So pissed off how can you sell a tv thats not fit for purpose i'm livid
smart TV yes right
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f6300 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page