Just bought the 2013 UN55FH6030 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 128 Old 01-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 45

Hello all.  I've been researching TV's for quite awhile now and this set caught my eye due to its simplicity (lack of SMARTs).  Anyhow, I was wondering if it is still worth the $850 that Best Buy is selling it for or if there was a better TV out there for the same price.  

Theater set-up:  

AVR:  Pioneer VSX-820

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

Sub:  PSA-XV15

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

OTA antenna:  Winegard HD7698P

HDTV:  Sharp LC-60SQ15U

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 128 Old 01-22-2014, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post

Hello all.  I've been researching TV's for quite awhile now and this set caught my eye due to its simplicity (lack of SMARTs).  Anyhow, I was wondering if it is still worth the $850 that Best Buy is selling it for or if there was a better TV out there for the same price.  

As I've possibly stated in this thread already, I didn't check to see : ) Between the F6300 and ES6100 models I possess, the 6030 has the better picture quality of the lot. It's a small margin, but it does seem noticeable to me.
post #93 of 128 Old 01-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

As I've possibly stated in this thread already, I didn't check to see : ) Between the F6300 and ES6100 models I possess, the 6030 has the better picture quality of the lot. It's a small margin, but it does seem noticeable to me.

Very good to know... exactly what I was looking for in a response as the two contenders are the F6030 and the F6300 (which I think is identical to the F6350 I saw in person at Sam's Club).  

I don't want any SMART features and I think that my receiver conflicts with some of the Anynet/CEC features.  I have an older Samsung that constantly gets no signal from the receiver.  

Theater set-up:  

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

post #94 of 128 Old 01-24-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Very good to know... exactly what I was looking for in a response as the two contenders are the F6030 and the F6300 (which I think is identical to the F6350 I saw in person at Sam's Club).  

I don't want any SMART features and I think that my receiver conflicts with some of the Anynet/CEC features.  I have an older Samsung that constantly gets no signal from the receiver.  

Hope it works out for...if you get one....let us know what you think..
post #95 of 128 Old 01-25-2014, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'm looking for help to resolve a flickerig problem that I'm having with this TV. I bought the TV back in november, and whenever I turn the TV on, the picture flickers in and out, somtimes for several seconds, other times for several minutes. Its even been known to do it while I'm in the middle of a game or movie. I'm running an Xbox One and Xbox 360 through my Pioneer VSX-1021 audio/video receiver, and into my Samsung UN55FH6030. 

I've checked my connections multiple times. They're not loose, and they're not broken. I've gone through three different HDMI cables, two of which are brand new. I also tried using different outlets. So I've ruled out the possibility of it being a cable issue. Next, I tried to see if it was my audio receiver, so I bypassed it, and went straight from both of my Xbox's to the TV. No luck. 

I even exchanged the TV for another one of the same model, hoping that it was just defective, but after running through the same steps as above, I'm left with the same outcome. Could there be some setting that I'm using that doesn't work with my game consoles, or do I just have three devices that are just incompatible with my new TV?

If anyone has some advice, I'd like to hear it. I love the picture quality on this TV, so I don't want to find another one.

post #96 of 128 Old 01-25-2014, 02:43 PM

I'd unhook everything then hook up nothing but a simple antenna. See if you still have the problem. If not, then connect one thing at a time to see what is causing the problem.
post #97 of 128 Old 01-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Right, I've tried using one item at a time, but they all seem to have this problem, except my over the air cable doesn't do that, from what I've seen. I don't actually use it, so I can't say that it never happens there, but from tests in the past, that is the one place I have that I didn't see anything.

post #98 of 128 Old 01-25-2014, 03:51 PM

Then, I'd connect the A/V receiver with nothing connected to it and see if the problem is present. Try that even though you may have nothing to watch. If all is fine, connect one item to the AV receiver and check until you find the culprit. Then, unhook the AV receiver and connect that one item directly to the TV to see if you have the problem. Just continue till you isolate what item or cable is the culprit, then you can connect that one item to another TV to see if it is the connected device or a compatibility issue between that device and the TV
post #99 of 128 Old 01-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

I have had similar problems with my older Samsung and my Pioneer 820-k AVR.  

What are the devices that are having problems?  You said Xbox, AVR and what was the third?  

Have you tried using Composite cable to see if it is HDMI?  Have you tried using both HDMI inputs on your TV?

Theater set-up:  

post #100 of 128 Old 01-25-2014, 05:18 PM

I have my two Xbox's and a AVR. I was counting the AVR as a third device, but I did hook my PC up to the TV once. Same problem and in fact, that takes it up to four HDMI cables that I've played with. I forgot to mention that this problem did not exist with these devices on my previous TV, nor does it exist with the current TV in the other room. I haven't tried a composite yet, but like I stated above, two of my HDMI cables are new, and they all work on a different TV. I have tried both inputs as well. 

I can try to use only my AVR with nothing connected to it, but all three devices worked on a previous TV, and I know that each of my Xbox's will have the flickering problem even if I run it straight from the console to the TV, with only that single unit hooked up. Basically, I don't think my cables are the problem. :-\

post #101 of 128 Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Is this occurring only during gameplay?  

How about watching BD movies or HD channels?

Do you have a BD player that you can hook up and see if the problem happens with it?  Preferably pass it through the AVR via HDMI and see if the problem presents itself with/without AVR in the equation. 

Theater set-up:  

post #102 of 128 Old 01-26-2014, 06:23 AM

It'll happen with anything running through my consoles, even movie viewing. I don't think I have anything else that I can hook up to it anymore. I gave my old Blu-Ray player away before I received the TV, and I don't have cable or satellite.
post #103 of 128 Old 01-26-2014, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Celldweller View Post

It'll happen with anything running through my consoles, even movie viewing. I don't think I have anything else that I can hook up to it anymore. I gave my old Blu-Ray player away before I received the TV, and I don't have cable or satellite.

Interesting.  It is kind of discouraging hearing that a Samsung product (TV) is having a difficult time communicating with other devices via HDMI.  I spent a month or two troubleshooting an HDMI pass-through issue and I determined the culprit to be my Samsung LCD TV.  I was looking to upgrade to this TV and hope that the problem doesn't present itself again.  

Does the flickering go away or is it persistent?  

Are all your output settings on your Xbox on "auto"?  Like color output settings, screen resolution and format (screen fit, 16:9, etc.).  Same with your TV.  Set everything to auto and then start turning things off and troubleshoot it that way.  Just do one setting at a time.  

Theater set-up:  

post #104 of 128 Old 01-26-2014, 04:22 PM

The flickering does go away, but it happens almost every time I turn the TV on after its been off for a while. Once the TV has been running, it usually does fine. It has been known to flicker some after I've had it on for a few hours, but that's not as common.

My Xbox automatically set itself up to 1080p when I hooked it up, so it must be auto. I've been through those settings, but nothing seemed like it would be a problem.

post #105 of 128 Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

That is very strange.  I have no idea what the culprit could be.  I am very interested to find out what the fix is if any.  

Theater set-up:  

post #106 of 128 Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 AM

i have seen mention in this thread that this TV is Direct lit and not Edge lit....any specs I have read on vendor websites indicate it is Edge lit...? 

Ron

Canada

post #107 of 128 Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roymustang101 View Post

i have seen mention in this thread that this TV is Direct lit and not Edge lit....any specs I have read on vendor websites indicate it is Edge lit...? 

Ron

Canada

I'm not quite sure either.  There seems to be conflicting info out there.  I think I am opting to wait for the 4k TVs to come down in price and at least play at 60hz before I upgrade.  I was going to buy this model but have decided to wait instead.  

This review turned me off:  http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/samsung-un55fh6030-review/

Theater set-up:  

post #108 of 128 Old 01-31-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:

I'm not quite sure either.  There seems to be conflicting info out there.  I think I am opting to wait for the 4k TVs to come down in price and at least play at 60hz before I upgrade.  I was going to buy this model but have decided to wait instead.  

This review turned me off:  http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/samsung-un55fh6030-review/

Good review, although they did review a 46inch not a 55 inch. I will probably hold off on this tv as I do not want 3D and am not in a hurry to buy.

post #109 of 128 Old 02-10-2014, 12:25 PM

I hooked my new UN55FH6030 TV to my Sony BDP-S590 BlueRay player and put in a BR copy of "Apollo 13".

But as the movie is playing and I hit the INFO button on the TV remote, the little window that appears in the

upper left corner says "1280x720 60Hz HDMI2".   Not the 1080p I was expecting.

Is there a setting somewhere that limits the resolution?  I could not find such a thing.

I tried a few other BR disks and they are all like this.

post #110 of 128 Old 02-10-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboprops View Post

I hooked my new UN55FH6030 TV to my Sony BDP-S590 BlueRay player and put in a BR copy of "Apollo 13".
But as the movie is playing and I hit the INFO button on the TV remote, the little window that appears in the
upper left corner says "1280x720 60Hz HDMI2".   Not the 1080p I was expecting.

Is there a setting somewhere that limits the resolution?  I could not find such a thing.

I tried a few other BR disks and they are all like this.

Check the output settings on the Blu Ray player. All of my players required me to actually select 1080p 24p.
post #111 of 128 Old 02-10-2014, 01:51 PM

That was it!  Thanks.

post #112 of 128 Old 02-20-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:

I'm looking for help to resolve a flickerig problem that I'm having with this TV. I bought the TV back in november, and whenever I turn the TV on, the picture flickers in and out, somtimes for several seconds, other times for several minutes. Its even been known to do it while I'm in the middle of a game or movie. I'm running an Xbox One and Xbox 360 through my Pioneer VSX-1021 audio/video receiver, and into my Samsung UN55FH6030. 

I've checked my connections multiple times. They're not loose, and they're not broken. I've gone through three different HDMI cables, two of which are brand new. I also tried using different outlets. So I've ruled out the possibility of it being a cable issue. Next, I tried to see if it was my audio receiver, so I bypassed it, and went straight from both of my Xbox's to the TV. No luck. 

I even exchanged the TV for another one of the same model, hoping that it was just defective, but after running through the same steps as above, I'm left with the same outcome. Could there be some setting that I'm using that doesn't work with my game consoles, or do I just have three devices that are just incompatible with my new TV?

If anyone has some advice, I'd like to hear it. I love the picture quality on this TV, so I don't want to find another one.

Just to add a little more, this problem I'm having has not been resolved. I'm hoping some videos may help me in case I'm explaining things wrong.

http://tinypic.com/r/fm0t2a/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2i6oox3/8

The TV menu may flicker once along with the screen, but generally it'll stay on while the image displayed behind it flickers.

post #113 of 128 Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Just to add a little more, this problem I'm having has not been resolved. I'm hoping some videos may help me in case I'm explaining things wrong.

http://tinypic.com/r/fm0t2a/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2i6oox3/8

The TV menu may flicker once along with the screen, but generally it'll stay on while the image displayed behind it flickers.

I'm running mine on a 50ft Monoprice cable as the 2nd HDMI out of my HK receiver. When I first power it up, it flickers like this for about a minute or so, then stabilized. I attribute it to a weak signal, as plugging it in on a 6 ft cable, it does not do it .
post #114 of 128 Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 PM

I'm using a 4K HDMI cable that came with my Xbox, maybe 6ft long, which they say is also for 1080p, and I'm also using a 3ft HDMI with Amazon's name on it. I've used longer cords, but they have the same issue as my shorter ones.
post #115 of 128 Old 02-20-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:

I'm using a 4K HDMI cable that came with my Xbox, maybe 6ft long, which they say is also for 1080p, and I'm also using a 3ft HDMI with Amazon's name on it. I've used longer cords, but they have the same issue as my shorter ones.

If you have changed your cables etc. I'm not implying it's your cable, I'm implying the symptom is manifesting itself the exact way mine does with a weak signal. Could be an bad HDMI board on your TV?
post #116 of 128 Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

My older Samsung drops signal completely periodically while right in the middle of movies.  Other times audio goes out.  I've eliminated the culprit being my AVR and/or BD player.  I think strange things happen with Samsung HDTVs in a passthrough scenario.  In other words, my BD player plays movies flawlessly when directly connected to my Samsung TV... it's only during passthrough via my Pioneer AVR that strange things occur.  

Theater set-up:  

post #117 of 128 Old 02-21-2014, 04:20 PM

And that is what I've been leaning towards, just a bad combination, but I can't say that directly connecting helped at all.

post #118 of 128 Old 03-15-2014, 12:27 PM

Is anyone successfully using the AllShare feature to play videos on your network?

I just got a new NAS box that has a DLNA server that works well with my WDTV devices and I can access the NAS videos from the TV. The only thing I can't figure out is how to stop a video and start it back where I left off. I can do this with the WDTV. When I start the video again, it allows to restart or resume. The Samsung gives no such option and just starts the video over. Is there a way to start where I left off?
post #119 of 128 Old 04-06-2014, 11:40 AM

I've just bought this tv and when watching my uverse, via HDMI, set to 1080, when quickly changing channels the tv just reboots its self. I've not experienced this on any other device. I tried different cables to no avail.

It's this just a weird HDMI handshake thing or do I have a bad unit on my hands.

Thanks
post #120 of 128 Old 04-06-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Try reversing cable end to end if that does not do it re set your u verse box then the TV and see what happens . if that doesn't work maybe a factory re set on the TV? or update / re install the TV firmware . If you have another set that doesn't do that or otherwise can not correct it I would contact cust. support for warranty assistance .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55fh6030 55 Inch Slim Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page