Just bought the 2013 UN55FH6030 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 129 Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm looking at getting the UN55FH6200F and I'm assuming it about the same as the IN55FH6030 model.
And it seems most people are happy with the UN55FH6030?

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver
Infinity Beta 5.1
Samsung UN55FH6200F (Costco) LCD TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 06-02-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

I'm looking at getting the UN55FH6200F and I'm assuming it about the same as the IN55FH6030 model.
And it seems most people are happy with the UN55FH6030?

I just bought the UN55FH6030 - couldn't be happier. I spent some time calibrating it with a few movies, went from some settings suggestions I saw online. It has a very detailed picture and very good blacks, despite what some of the reviews were suggesting. Excellent flesh tones and natural colors, truly a joy to watch. The only thing I haven't really played with yet is the 3D. I bought a pair of glasses yesterday and tried the first few minutes of Prometheus...looked somewhat cool but the thin text during the opening sequence was hard to read, depth wasn't really satisfying either. But I might have to adjust the 3D options and try again. I didn't bought it for the 3D, but if it works well, then that's a cool little bonus. smile.gif
post #123 of 129 Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 AM

Liked: 10

We bought ours with no thought to the 3D feature.   But then 'Gravity' came out and we thought why not give it a try.  It worked wonderfully.   A dark room helps.

post #124 of 129 Old 06-02-2014, 09:25 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I just bought the UN55FH6030 - couldn't be happier. I spent some time calibrating it with a few movies, went from some settings suggestions I saw online. It has a very detailed picture and very good blacks, despite what some of the reviews were suggesting. Excellent flesh tones and natural colors, truly a joy to watch. The only thing I haven't really played with yet is the 3D. I bought a pair of glasses yesterday and tried the first few minutes of Prometheus...looked somewhat cool but the thin text during the opening sequence was hard to read, depth wasn't really satisfying either. But I might have to adjust the 3D options and try again. I didn't bought it for the 3D, but if it works well, then that's a cool little bonus. smile.gif

Yea, my UN55FH6200F's picture is very nice, stuff looks much more real
Give me something to look at while on my new treadmill.

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver
Infinity Beta 5.1
Samsung UN55FH6200F (Costco) LCD TV
post #125 of 129 Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 PM

I just got this as a prize, and it's replacing a 50'' Sony projection/LCD hybrid from 2007. So quite a big jump in picture quality overall. (but the old set did have crazy good blacks for what it was, although due to screen material, it had a semi-noticable "silkscreen" effect but was pretty tops for it's time)

So anyway, Once I followed some guides online to adjust the HORRIBLE out of box picture settings, (wife was like "Why did you sell the old set? This picture hurts my eyes!") It looks great IMO, wife loving it, and for a "lower tier" tv on samsungs 2013 product list, I think it's a sweet set.

IOne question though: Aas a new to LED technology tv owner, is it normal to have a slight "L" shape light bleed (I guess it's light bleed?) at each of the 4 corners of the set? Basically, if there's a completely black image, (like a pause between commercials) you can see the black is "lighter" at the corners. This is only noticable at each of the 4 corners and maybe goes from the tip of each corner, along the bezel about 2''. It does NOT radiate out from the corner, it ONLY has the lightness along the bezel frame, about an inch from it. So it really does keep the "L" shape of each corner. (if you get what i'm saying)

You can sorta see it during an all white screen too, but you have to look for it. I have all extra settings shut down, like the eco dimming junk and all that, so I know it's not from a "feature".

That's my only concern/complaint, but it might not be, based if this is a 'normal' idiosyncrasy of LED tech. I know this is a backlit model, so perhaps that's why I don't see a complete top-bottom light bleed on the bezel. Haven't noticed any noticable clouding/banding or other flaws. Thanks for any feedback!

BTW, based on the product sku and such, it's a samsung panel. Not one of the other possible build types. So it's supposed to be the "better" panels from the manufacture origins.
post #126 of 129 Old 06-03-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 386
That might be normal as long as you are not seeing white light bleeding through (try looking at the corners straight ahead in front of them close maybe 3ft they might appear darker black rather than black/blueish or lighter black .

if so it could just be a normal color shift inherent because of the abysmal viewing angles and color shift normal on any VA panel .
I think the UNXXFH6030 Sammies may be edge light panels they can sometimes struggle with an all black or solid dark screen screen at the edges or corners With an absence of clouding and or flashlighting you may have one of the better panels as it is .It should have a real decent picture .

I prefer VA panels , better contrast and black levels than other types.I have a Sony and a Toshiba, both with decent Samsung VA panels .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #127 of 129 Old 06-04-2014, 09:00 AM

I guess that researching a little more, the effect i'm seeing is flashlighting, but pretty mild overall. A good example is on the forums on the first post here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1397830/look-at-this-pick-for-flashlight-effect

The light "cloud" that he has the radiates out from the corner, is more pronounced than mine I think. Mine relatively keeps more of the "L" corner shape, but there is some cloudiness that bleeds out from the corner point, and heads towards the center of the screen. Just not as far as his, so I guess it's in the category of "mild", and that I should be happy that it's the only flaws I notice.

I have a chinese tablet that if you tilt just right, can see the actual white backlight coming through on the edges, and I don't see that here.

The 55'' 6030 Sammy are supposed to be backlit, but maybe there's a concentration on the edge's that gives the flashlighting that I see. (Or it's just inherit in the panel type/led building process)

Thanks for the reply tubetwister!
post #128 of 129 Old 06-04-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 386
bonovox400

The 55'' 6030 Sammy are supposed to be backlit, but maybe there's a concentration on the edge's that gives the flashlighting that I see. (Or it's just inherit in the panel type/led building process)

You are right it is LED back light not a bad thing less headaches . My Sony with samsung panel is also back lit anyway here is a review of your Sammie if you haven't seen it .
http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-un55fh6030.html

No flashlighting on my backlit panel OTOH sometimes on solid Black Sony cheats and turns off all the LED's briefly but on yours if flashlighting/clouding isn't noticeable on reg viewing it should be fine . Often rear lit panels can be brighter then some of the edge lt panels.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #129 of 129 Old 11-10-2014, 07:16 AM

Liked: 0
Hi everyone,
It is my first post on the forum.
I have a UN55FH6030 TV. I bought it 1.5 years ago. Recently, my 2 HDMI port on my TV work badly. The sound doesn't work, but the image is very wonderfull. So I look on the internet to see if anyone had this issues. I try my xbxo 360 (who works great before) on my HDMI, I try my blu-ray to and my decoder. I make a hard reset on my TV. Now I don't really know what to do, if anyone can help me, it would be great.

Thank you guys.
Have a nice day
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55fh6030 55 Inch Slim Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread