Sony BRAVIA "a network error has occurred" message appears every day - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I am at the end of my rope with our Sony Bravia KDL55NX720 and looking for some help. We bought this set in April 2012 and up until a week or so ago the built-in wifi worked perfectly and we could stream internet content without any problems. We stream Netflix and Pandora via the built-in wifi and for the last week or so I have to reset our Uverse gateway (router) every day for the connection to get re-established with the Sony. Everything works until the next day at which point I have to reset Uverse router again. So we get about 24 hours out of one router reboot.

I have tried everything I can think to do. For instance, I have...
  • done a factory reset on the Sony set
  • unplugged the Sony and then reset the wireless router before plugging the Sony back in
  • logged out of Netflix and re-activated via the Sony set (although I get the same error when trying to launch the built-in Pandora app)
  • Manually downloaded software update (got the message that the software is up to date)

What's bizarre is we've had NO issues using the internet content via the Sony until about a week ago. Anytime I get the "a network error has occurred" message, our other wireless devices all work fine and the speed is excellent. So this issue is limited to just the Sony. When I try to reestablish connection through the Sony GUI, it detects our wireless network but fails to connect until I reboot the wireless router. The location of the Uverse router has not posed a problem for over a year, although I doubt that is the issue since the connection is fine once I reset the router.

Maybe there is some specific order in which I should be doing things?? It seems like this is a Sony software related issue since we can stream content fine (for a day anyway) once i reboot the router. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I notice on Sony's support site they mention "it may take up to 3 attempts for a full reset to occur." so maybe I need to try that.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page