Costco Deals: Best value for PQ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-2013, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Trying to choose a new 65 inch TV that's within my price range. These are the deals that I have found.
I don't care at all about 3d or smart tv type addons, purely PQ/latency/angles/room with some light.

Samsung UN65EH6000F ~$1,700 (free shipping)
Vizio E650i-A2 ~$1,200 ($100 shipping)
Pano TC-65PS64 ~$1,400 ($100 shipping)

Thanks a lot! If you have any other suggestions at 65inch+ I'd love to learn!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-02-2013, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have the same needs as you: No 3D, a high quality picture at a value price.

The Costco TC-65PS64 has swayed my decision scale to take the plunge into plasma. The infinite black screen is supposed to reduce glare in in rooms with more light That feature is only available on the ST (the T stands for 3D) versions that cost more and have 3D. (Other vendors do not seem to offer the infinite black screen) From what I understand, Costco required the infinite black screen so glare would not drive away the customers in its very bright warehouses. Glare was the main concern I had when deciding to upgrade from my Sony 52" 4100W LCD that has been my go to TV since 2008.

Worst case is I end up taking the set back to Costco if it doesn't meet my expectations. The Samsung is also my second choice and I would not likely go with the Vizio. Costco also has a UN 65F6350A 65" TV for $1,750that is also a non 3D TV but yet comes with good features.

Nice to see that someone else has travelled down the same road and has come up with a similar conclusion. The limited availability of 3D programming and wearing the funky glasses has never appealed to me.

I'll likely pull the trigger in mid August or when Costco runs a promotion on this TV. I would like to get the TV for $1,300 delivered and including tax.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Series 65 Inch Class Led Hdtv Un65eh6000 , Vizio E Series E650i A2 65 Inch 1080p 120hz Smart Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page