Just bought a 55F8000. But thinking about trading it in for a Panansonic VT60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hear the blacks are much better on the VT60. And it sounds like you don't have to play with as many settings as on the F8000.

I've also read some scary things about Samsungs quality over time.

I am pretty happy with the Samsung set. But it is a pain having to do tweaking to get rid of the soap opera feel. Also, that stupid base is annoying.

Any reason I shouldn't make the switch?

Thanks in advance,

-John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi There. I have an 47 F8000 and had both 50in ST50 and VT65. They both have stunning black performace that is miles better than the F8000 in dark room viewing. The blacks bars on a movie are almost perfect black.

There are trade offs:
The f8000 is far better for viewing with ambinent light. In such conditions the blacks on the f8000 are more or less just as good as the plasma.

The f8000 you can sit much close to it. I view it from only 180cm.

The f8000 has a much better quality 3D, much better depth and pop. And the 3D clarity and sharpness and detail is far better. The panosonic plasmas 3D looks very lacking in terms of clarity, depth and sharpness, infact the picture always looks overly soft even with the sharpness set to 100%. They both have the same xtalk.

I kept the f8000 simply becuase its better for bright viewing and for its far superiour 3D.

Both panasonics movie in dark room performance is excellent. However they have huge amounts of dithering... So bad that i dont recommend them if you plan to view within 200cm of the screen.

If you dont care for gaming lag, then i would say try the samsung F8500 plasma. Blacks almost as good as pano, but with less dithering, brighter saytime picture and far better 3D (sharp, bright, less xtalk). I would have got the f8500 but its not good for serious gamers.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-30-2013, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Hi There. I have an 47 F8000 and had both 50in ST50 and VT65. They both have stunning black performace that is miles better than the F8000 in dark room viewing. The blacks bars on a movie are almost perfect black.

There are trade offs:
The f8000 is far better for viewing with ambinent light. In such conditions the blacks on the f8000 are more or less just as good as the plasma.

The f8000 you can sit much close to it. I view it from only 180cm.

The f8000 has a much better quality 3D, much better depth and pop. And the 3D clarity and sharpness and detail is far better. The panosonic plasmas 3D looks very lacking in terms of clarity, depth and sharpness, infact the picture always looks overly soft even with the sharpness set to 100%. They both have the same xtalk.

I kept the f8000 simply becuase its better for bright viewing and for its far superiour 3D.

Both panasonics movie in dark room performance is excellent. However they have huge amounts of dithering... So bad that i dont recommend them if you plan to view within 200cm of the screen.

If you dont care for gaming lag, then i would say try the samsung F8500 plasma. Blacks almost as good as pano, but with less dithering, brighter saytime picture and far better 3D (sharp, bright, less xtalk). I would have got the f8500 but its not good for serious gamers.

I totally agree with everything you just said.. The pannys are not as detailed as the samsungs.. The pannys also suffer higher rates of image burn in compared to the samsungs,,, and it is not covered by the panny warranty.. Go with the f8500 is you mainly use it to watch tv

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000 , Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page