Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 351 Old 03-17-2014, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

I can't honestly offer an opinion. I have 8 Samsung TVs that I really like and this one LG I just purchased, but mine is a LA6900, and doesn't look the same as this. I've only owned one Vizio TV, a 2012 model and the Smart hub was infuriating on it, I didn't keep it long.
With lg is there any screen issues like bleeding and uniformity? Especially when compared to the vizio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 351 Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioptric View Post

With lg is there any screen issues like bleeding and uniformity? Especially when compared to the vizio?

I'm very pleased, VERY pleased with how this LG looks, and it's features.
post #333 of 351 Old 03-17-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:

I'm very pleased, VERY pleased with how this LG looks, and it's features.
So if and this is a big if, I could find this lg I should get it? How is the 3d BTW?
post #334 of 351 Old 03-17-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:

So if and this is a big if, I could find this lg I should get it? How is the 3d BTW?

I have never used the 3D functions, no interest.
post #335 of 351 Old 03-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:

I have never used the 3D functions, no interest.
But you would return it to get the lg?
post #336 of 351 Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:

But you would return it to get the lg?

If you're asking my opinion, I will only buy an LG or Samsung....
post #337 of 351 Old 03-18-2014, 03:57 AM

Quote:

If you're asking my opinion, I will only buy an LG or Samsung....
OK. Do you any light bleed off clouding with the lg?
And just curious why only those brands do you choose. I'm coming from an Samsung TOC series LCD.
post #338 of 351 Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 AM

Quote:

OK. Do you any light bleed off clouding with the lg?
And just curious why only those brands do you choose. I'm coming from an Samsung TOC series LCD.

I've owned a Vizio and a Sony....wasn't impressed....no issue with the LG
post #339 of 351 Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 AM

Liked: 15
I went to Best Buy to purchase a Vizio M Series 55 and walked out with the LG 55LA6900. I've been following the M Series thread and quite frankly I'm glad I did. I think all LED/LCD sets suffer from some sort of light bleed. Mine does but its nothing I can't live with. Overall I've been very please with my set. I don't watch a lot of 3D but what I have watched has been fantastic IMO.
post #340 of 351 Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoned View Post

I went to Best Buy to purchase a Vizio M Series 55 and walked out with the LG 55LA6900. I've been following the M Series thread and quite frankly I'm glad I did. I think all LED/LCD sets suffer from some sort of light bleed. Mine does but its nothing I can't live with. Overall I've been very please with my set. I don't watch a lot of 3D but what I have watched has been fantastic IMO.
Mine suffers too. But pq is really good IMO. And the 3d is stunning but my first choice was the lg. Only no one had it in stock :-( I'm a gamer and lag on vizio is good. I just kinda miss the features of the lg and the design. In happy but my heart was on the lg. I have 3 months to return the vizio. I'm not used to any clouding or light bleed so I'm not sure what is acceptable as far as that goes.
Also how bad is your light bleed/clouding?
post #341 of 351 Old 03-19-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:

Mine suffers too. But pq is really good IMO. And the 3d is stunning but my first choice was the lg. Only no one had it in stock :-( I'm a gamer and lag on vizio is good. I just kinda miss the features of the lg and the design. In happy but my heart was on the lg. I have 3 months to return the vizio. I'm not used to any clouding or light bleed so I'm not sure what is acceptable as far as that goes.
Also how bad is your light bleed/clouding?

Mine has a little in the lower left corner. IMO acceptable is a personal preference. If the black bars were lit up when watching a movie then it would go back. :-). Also, I don't notice it as much because I usually have some ambient light on.

As far a gaming performance I've only tried it once with my Wii. I have yet to hook up my PC to it to try out some PC gaming. I'm guessing I might have some issue with my 560ti and the 1080 resolution and Ultra game settings.

What I also like about the LG is the ability to get updates when they are released. I've read Vizio usually pushes them and you get them when you get them.
dioptric likes this.
post #342 of 351 Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoned View Post

Mine has a little in the lower left corner. IMO acceptable is a personal preference. If the black bars were lit up when watching a movie then it would go back. :-). Also, I don't notice it as much because I usually have some ambient light on.

As far a gaming performance I've only tried it once with my Wii. I have yet to hook up my PC to it to try out some PC gaming. I'm guessing I might have some issue with my 560ti and the 1080 resolution and Ultra game settings.

What I also like about the LG is the ability to get updates when they are released. I've read Vizio usually pushes them and you get them when you get them.
OK you just answered a lot for me. I only see the clouding either when the backlight is TOO high only on the no signal screen. NEVER when the movie is playing and NEVER when black bars are on the screen. I think that is what was confusing me I don't see it in normal viewing but when the TV first powers on and on the no signal screen. So I guess the TV is acting normal then. I repeat no issues during regular viewing only on no signal screen. Still trying to get a handle on when/what is blooming, clouding, etc..
post #343 of 351 Old 03-31-2014, 07:11 AM

Liked: 10

Hello! 

I am from germany and this thread is my last hope. 

I bought a pre-owned LG 6918 (so called in Germany) and someone changed the values for the cold, middle, warm in the service menü. 

I saw this fault because of the red "NG(0) in the In-Start Menu.

Can someone please post his values? If you reset the values this are not the original values, so i need the preset values.

It would be so nice if somebody could help me with that.

post #344 of 351 Old 04-13-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOs View Post

Hello! 

I am from germany and this thread is my last hope. 

I bought a pre-owned LG 6918 (so called in Germany) and someone changed the values for the cold, middle, warm in the service menü. 
I saw this fault because of the red "NG(0) in the In-Start Menu.

Can someone please post his values? If you reset the values this are not the original values, so i need the preset values.

It would be so nice if somebody could help me with that.

I have the latest 55la7400 and to reset it. Under settings next to the tool box option there is an initialization app. That resets everything!
post #345 of 351 Old 05-04-2014, 03:27 AM

Dear all:

May I ask how does your LA6900 handles fast moving (sport) scene and games?
I already placed an order but I am a little bit undetermined after seeing this:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lg-lcd-tv/lg-55la6900.html

how does it compare to ET60?
http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-lcd-tv/panasonic-tcl50et60.html

I am a casual gamer plays racing game some times and watch quite a bit football.

Comments highly appreciated and thank you very much in advance ! biggrin.gif:cool:rolleyes.gifsmile.gif
post #346 of 351 Old 05-04-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzous View Post

Dear all:

May I ask how does your LA6900 handles fast moving (sport) scene and games?
I already placed an order but I am a little bit undetermined after seeing this:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lg-lcd-tv/lg-55la6900.html

how does it compare to ET60?
http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-lcd-tv/panasonic-tcl50et60.html

I am a casual gamer plays racing game some times and watch quite a bit football.

Comments highly appreciated and thank you very much in advance ! biggrin.gif:cool:rolleyes.gifsmile.gif

Ignore just about everything in that review, I read it when I bought mine and didn't experience any of those issues. In fact, I own many 7 and 6 series Samsung panels and this lone LG has a better Smart Remote, it's more responsive and the Smart Hub, while not as pretty as Samsungs, is far quicker and snappy. I struggled coming from Samsung to learn the terminology to eliminate SOE in the menus, but it can be done...
post #347 of 351 Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 AM

I bought a new LG TV and i love it..

It has lot of smart apps and i want to hear the audio of smart apps (Netflix, Amazon, Pandora) in my Yamaha RX V675.

I tried plugging HDMI1(ARC) from the display to HDMI OUT in  AV receiver, however i dont get any audio out, i tried changing all the buttons in the receiver remote but not help.

It only works when I hook up Optical cable from TV to AV receiver. Just wondering if i can do it without optical cable but by HDMI alone.

Also wanted to go to Service menu to get DTS output, i saw the previous post but it is bit confusing and i dont have a universal remote. All i have is the magic remote and the remote that came with the Yamaha receiver (i think i can configure the code with this). Tried with AV Receiver remote but could not.

Thanks in advance....

post #348 of 351 Old 05-09-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haissk View Post

I bought a new LG TV and i love it..
It has lot of smart apps and i want to hear the audio of smart apps (Netflix, Amazon, Pandora) in my Yamaha RX V675.
I tried plugging HDMI1(ARC) from the display to HDMI OUT in  AV receiver, however i dont get any audio out, i tried changing all the buttons in the receiver remote but not help.
It only works when I hook up Optical cable from TV to AV receiver. Just wondering if i can do it without optical cable but by HDMI alone.

Also wanted to go to Service menu to get DTS output, i saw the previous post but it is bit confusing and i dont have a universal remote. All i have is the magic remote and the remote that came with the Yamaha receiver (i think i can configure the code with this). Tried with AV Receiver remote but could not.

Thanks in advance....

Make certain you have HDMI CEC or HDMI control on your receiver set to ON in the settings menu and have HDMI Link or whatever it's called (HDMI CEC) turned on in the TV settings as well. It will not be a "button" on the remote.
haissk likes this.
post #349 of 351 Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanks heresnowhy!!

I was struggling with this from last week.

Also i was interested in the service menu.. any guidance there?

post #350 of 351 Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haissk View Post

Thanks heresnowhy!!

I was struggling with this from last week.

Also i was interested in the service menu.. any guidance there?

I strongly advise against the service menu. You're TV can look quite fabulous with simple tweaking.... enjoy!
post #351 of 351 Old 05-09-2014, 01:03 PM

The only problem with this set is that the DD pass through by default has been disabled. However, it can be enabled in the service menu.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 50la6900 50 Inch 3d Smart Led Hdtv , Lg Electronics 55la6900 55 Inch Cinema Screen Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Electronics 47la6900 47 Inch Cinema Screen Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv And Four Pairs Of
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page