Replacing a 42inch LCD, input appreciated - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everybody!

I just recently had my 3 year old 42inch Vizio (SV421XVT) die on me, well at least the HDMI board did (power surge, stupidly forgot to put it on a surge protector after shifting all my other equipment back into a closet).

So, after reading the "help me choose an LCD" thread here's the info that it asked for:

Budget: ~$600
Seating Distance: ~11 feet
Size/Placement Limitations: Pre-Installed wall mount for 32"-55"
Uses/Sources: Movies,TV,Video Games/Onkyo TX-SR607, cable box, PS3
Room Lighting: 4 dimmable recessed lighting cans (corners of room, in line with front wall speakers, so nothing directly over the TV)

Sam's Club is carrying another Vizio, E470i-A0, a 47 inch 120z LED lit LCD panel, which I was thinking might be a good replacement, but I still need to get out to see it (perhaps bring my Surface and run an actual HDMI signal to it at the store... rather than those nasty co-ax ribbon cables they always have). Does anyone have any experience with this TV? Several reviews claimed that you could turn the Smooth Motion feature on or off (for the effective 120hz), but reading the manual clearly states the options to adjust the Smooth Motion.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Your help is definitely appreciated!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr607 Receiver , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb , Vizio 42 Inch Xvt Series Lcd Hdtv Sv421xvt , Vizio E470i A0 47 Inch Led Smart Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Sr607 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page