Smart Hub & Guide - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-16-2013, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if there is a way where on Smart Hub you can program it to only give HD channels as recommendations? It seems ridiculous that this set would even deal in SD channels. I never watch SD but it continuously gives me SD recs. Similarly, the guide starts on the SD channels and even with page down it takes a while to get to the HD channels....on our box the HD stations start in the 700 channels. Again seems ridiculous that a so call HD/3D Smart Tv defaults to SD stations on both of these items.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-16-2013, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I assume this if for the latest Samung tv's? You might have better luck posting this in the thread of the TV you own if there is one. My S-reccomended doesn't even work..tv provider isn't supported. Can you delete the SD channels from your options in the your cable box?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unfortunately once you delete and turn the TV back on the guide has all of the deleted channels back. Not a big deal but yes you would think Samsung would have thought this through better than they did.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjxc View Post

Unfortunately once you delete and turn the TV back on the guide has all of the deleted channels back. Not a big deal but yes you would think Samsung would have thought this through better than they did.

Well, I just saw this on one of the F series threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

Re: post #771,772
I pointed this out in post #726
The recommendation feature needs to be more flexible.
Under Broadcasting/ Edit Channels delete all the SD channels or unwanted channels. (Unplug IR blaster when editing, make sure you exit out of menu turn TV off frequently, since this process crashes frequently, after your done plug IR Blaster back in).
I haven't been able to check if this work around to make recommendations better works, but it seems logical.
I've had to factory reset & reset smart hub, due to ruling out other bugs i've run into with latest firmware.

I wish I could at least try s-reccomendation but not supported for Century Link Prism TV.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page