what would be a good tv for me? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2013, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was looking at the electronic store and was looking at the tv's. The Panasonic caught my eye.
i do mostly gaming(360 & PC) and I do plan on hooking my PC to the TV witch i currently do. I herd that for PC, TV’s don't go past 60hz so getting a 120hz and more would be just a gimmick? It would still look better right or will it lag when gaming?
I don't know if I want or need a 3d TV. I don't know but i am a bit of a sucker when it comes down to gimmicks. (I have bad luck with other lg products in the past and try to avoid them. But I herd there one of the best for 3d and they use regular glasses so i don't have to worry about charging them.
I currently using a 720p Samsung TV I bought at a boxing day sale around 7 years ago. it's not the best looking TV but it does it's job I guess. Is the jump to 1080p worth it?should i bother upgrading.
Should I just get another Samsung since they last quite awhile or untill 4k res tvs get reallly cheep.(thats prob not till another 10 years.)
Should i look for lcd or led?
I watch a lot of SD TV so it's important to have a good converter.
Need something reliable and pleasing to look at. I may get it around boxing day so I can get a good price for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-07-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Iv been reading the internet about tv's and 120hz and read that you can overclock your tv to 120hz with programs like ToastyX,PowerStrip, Manual EDID override or in some overclocking feature found in some nVidia cards.
This would save some time if this is the case.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-24-2013, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

bump anyone?
post #4 of 5 Old 07-24-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 152
First, LED is LCD, second what is your budget? Is the jump to 1080p worth it? Definitely. Sony KDL 55"w802a has only 16.9 ms input lag which is good for gaming.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #5 of 5 Old 07-26-2013, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

39" maybe squeeze 42inch if the frame is small.
3d . maybe? Should i bother with PC and console gaming.
Ill be gaming. Ill be using it as a PC monitor as well. and watching a lot of SD TV.
120hz . want to try that overclocking hack for PC to make ur TV 120hz.
I want to try around $400 hopefully boxing day sales?
Don't care for it being smart since i have a xbox 360 and a PC hooked up with a receiver.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page