LG 47LN5400 Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2013, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Firstly hi everyone first post here. I haven't really seen many reviews so I thought I'd post one up for the economy line LG LED/LCD TV line.

Got the TV from best buy for a good price for what its worth.

I really like the picture quality on this thing. Its got really good viewing angles as well as long as your not too close to the panel.

Blacks are comparable to a plasma panel but I do see a bit of light leak on the top-right corner.

LG lists this as a 120Hz TruMotion set and I'm not sure if its doing black frames or its really a 120Hz panel but I don't really see judder from 24fps sources on my cable TV

It seems as if LG disabled the option to control TruMotion on the user end but I can tell it works. For example on some sources of TV its low (but a more naturally fluid look.) Sports channels seem to kick the setting up more as its a pleasure to watch. Some commercials also seem to adjust the settings (new GEICO commercial with the money guy on a boat has that SOE but again it doesnt look glitchy)

Sound quality is good on cable and even better from a HD source, my PS3 is nice and loud even under 20 and response time is good.

All in all for 47in LED TV I'm happy for the $549 I paid. Only bad thing is i wish it had more than 2 HDNI ports and its not a smart tv but a $99 Google TV fixes that,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Hello, I am planning to get 42LN5400 that i will primary use for gaming on my PS3. As I can see you play on it too and want to check how is the performance, the motion blur, jugegr etc as this is my biggest concern. Is the TrueMotion 120 Hz good when playing and can you turn it on/off when you want to use the native 60Hz or is it permanent? Also is there headphones output that works or is it only for "service" as i see on some comments?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

No motion blur on my 47inch, its best if you use the game setting for video games. But then again there's almost no lag on the screen.

Tags
Lg 47lh90 , Lg Electronics 60ln5400 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share , Lg Electronics 42ln5400 42 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share , Lg Electronics 50ln5400 50 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Electronics 55ln5400 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Share