Possible to use 4 55" LCD TV's in multiple computer monitor setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys.

I need to set up multiple (4) very large monitors to display dashboards for by business. I was thinking about just using cheap 55" TV's.

It won't be any sort of graphic intensive stuff, just basic displaying of a web browser window. One will be the accounting dashboard, and the other will be analytics dashboards, pie charts, graphs, etc.

Can I use a card like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127736
and use 4 55" LCD TV's with HDMI inputs?

What would be the most affordable way to achieve something like this. Obviously I love great picture quality as much as everyone but this is really about just displaying business data in a large, easy to view format.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerscrossed View Post

Hi guys.

I need to set up multiple (4) very large monitors to display dashboards for by business. I was thinking about just using cheap 55" TV's.

It won't be any sort of graphic intensive stuff, just basic displaying of a web browser window. One will be the accounting dashboard, and the other will be analytics dashboards, pie charts, graphs, etc.

Can I use a card like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127736
and use 4 55" LCD TV's with HDMI inputs?

What would be the most affordable way to achieve something like this. Obviously I love great picture quality as much as everyone but this is really about just displaying business data in a large, easy to view format.

Thanks for the help.

That card is overkill in processing power if you just want web pages displayed and it only has two outputs so you would need two of them. You just need something that is capable of 1920x1080 output, which is about everything nowadays. We do something similar at my office and we have a netbook that has an HDMI out driving our display. We only have one display but it cycles through 5-10 web pages every 20 seconds. It works great, was reasonably affordable and it's simple to maintain and work with. We just tuck the netbook up behind the tv so it looks clean, but it's easily accessible if we want to change something or use the tv for a demo/webex meeting, etc.

post #3 of 4 Old 06-19-2013, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby View Post

That card is overkill in processing power if you just want web pages displayed and it only has two outputs so you would need two of them. You just need something that is capable of 1920x1080 output, which is about everything nowadays. We do something similar at my office and we have a netbook that has an HDMI out driving our display. We only have one display but it cycles through 5-10 web pages every 20 seconds. It works great, was reasonably affordable and it's simple to maintain and work with. We just tuck the netbook up behind the tv so it looks clean, but it's easily accessible if we want to change something or use the tv for a demo/webex meeting, etc.
Thanks. I see the two DVI ports on the back but I assumed the other 4 ports would be able to connect to the HDMI port on each TV. No?
post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerscrossed View Post

Thanks. I see the two DVI ports on the back but I assumed the other 4 ports would be able to connect to the HDMI port on each TV. No?
Nevermind, I just read about them. They are Displayport ports. I'd have to use adapters to run them to the HDMI input of the TV.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page