Smart Hub Setup Fails To Match Zip Code To Local Cable Provider - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Initial setup went fine as setup processed my zip code and located my cable provider, Brighthouse. Only had the TV 5 days and I noticed today that Smart Hub was not listing my cable menu. I did a firmware upgrade to 1105 and thought all went ok. Could this upgrade be the cause of the missing zip code cable provider match? Any way to roll back the upgrade?

I did a reset and started new, no change, still no Brighthouse, it does list a few other cable companies including Direct TV and Verizon. Have also tried other zip codes around the Tampa Bay area and no Brighthouse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-27-2013, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Samsung advised, Factory Reset. Still no Bright House Cable TV on the list of providers under my ZIP Code. Factory reset does not roll back the firmware, still at 1105. Live update does not find a firmware newer that 1105. Samsung has listed 1105.7 on their web page for my 65F1000, T-MST12AKUC.ZIP. I downloaded and unzipped to the root directory of an empty USB Memory Drive. Setup found the USB but returned, "no valid update files found". Still don't have use of the "on TV" options of the Smart Hub.

Any other suggestions? I am starting over with the ZIP download from Samsung, to give it a try to go from 1105 to 1105.7.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTracker View Post

Initial setup went fine as setup processed my zip code and located my cable provider, Brighthouse. Only had the TV 5 days and I noticed today that Smart Hub was not listing my cable menu. I did a firmware upgrade to 1105 and thought all went ok. Could this upgrade be the cause of the missing zip code cable provider match? Any way to roll back the upgrade?

I did a reset and started new, no change, still no Brighthouse, it does list a few other cable companies including Direct TV and Verizon. Have also tried other zip codes around the Tampa Bay area and no Brighthouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTracker View Post

Samsung advised, Factory Reset. Still no Bright House Cable TV on the list of providers under my ZIP Code. Factory reset does not roll back the firmware, still at 1105. Live update does not find a firmware newer that 1105. Samsung has listed 1105.7 on their web page for my 65F1000, T-MST12AKUC.ZIP. I downloaded and unzipped to the root directory of an empty USB Memory Drive. Setup found the USB but returned, "no valid update files found". Still don't have use of the "on TV" options of the Smart Hub.

Any other suggestions? I am starting over with the ZIP download from Samsung, to give it a try to go from 1105 to 1105.7.

Reply (blame it on the cable co) from Samsung, they collect service provider information from a database called ROVI. When the firmware update rolled out, Bright House had not registered all of their information. Once Bright House completes the ROVI information, they will be included on the Setup menus for the Guide and On TV displays.

Brings up one question, if Bright House had not submitted the information to ROVI, how was the Guide and ON TV displays working on my TV on initial setup under 1104? Bright House was dropped for some reason with 1105
post #4 of 4 Old 07-07-2013, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Good news, Bright House has been restored to the ROVI Samsung Zip Code Database, at least for my Zip Code in Tampa. smile.gif

I contacted Samsung on Friday and requested authorization for a service call to replace my mother board or TV because the On TV features had stopped working last week.

I don't know if it was a firmware issue or an unrelated ROVI issue that happened about the same time as the firmware upgrade.

As of yesterday, Bright House was still missing from the Zip Code search. Today the Zip Code returned a list of supported providers including Bright House! The On TV displays updated and the Local Cable Guide is now part of the Smart Hub.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page