Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 215 Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordn2ryan View Post

Glad I found this thread, great work and dedication btw showroomcali, the forum community definitely appreciates it! Anyway you can do calibration settings for the UN55F7100? Preferably in Standard, and/or Movie Mode. Thanks in advance, and no rush!

See my other post, the calibration for the F7100 will be coming tomorrow, and it'll be done in 'Movie' mode with a full 10-point grayscale calibration.

Cheers!

DISCLAIMER: This thread is in no way intended to replace a professional calibration. Merely intended for showroom evaluation & as a starting point for home viewing. For optimal results, please consider a calibration suited for your viewing environment & performed by a professional of your choosing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 215 Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by migdlp View Post

It will be great if you can look at it,
thanks

I'm doing both the F7100 and your requested F6900 tomorrow. Stay tuned for results on both. They should be posted tomorrow evening!

Cheers!

DISCLAIMER: This thread is in no way intended to replace a professional calibration. Merely intended for showroom evaluation & as a starting point for home viewing. For optimal results, please consider a calibration suited for your viewing environment & performed by a professional of your choosing.
post #93 of 215 Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by showroomcali View Post

Here's the results. The LA6200 does lack a little in the black levels and contrast ratio departments, however color accuracy was spot on with this display. All primary and secondary colors measured under 1 dE. I don't have any screen shots from the calibration itself, but all the info should be in the word doc. Cheers! smile.gif

47LA6200.docx 14k .docx file
Thanks, going to try them soon.........Will these work with a LM6200? what abou t the other picture options like color gamut, real cinema, etc?
post #94 of 215 Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 PM

Liked: 13
Id like to see the vizio e701-a3. I think the new firmware messed with black levels
post #95 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

Thanks, going to try them soon.........Will these work with a LM6200? what abou t the other picture options like color gamut, real cinema, etc?

All unnecessary extras were turned off. 'Black levels' was set to 'Low' and Real Cinema was left on because of the video playback handling on films. 'Color Gamut' on the LA6200 was set to 'BT709,' which is the set standard for all content today.

Will they work the with LM6200? Not necessarily, for best results I'd recommend other options, but try the settings. It certainly won't harm the display.

post #96 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiantino View Post

Id like to see the vizio e701-a3. I think the new firmware messed with black levels

What firmware is the latest so I can ensure that the Vizio I work on has that same software installed?

I believe a local store has the e701 on display, so I'll verify tomorrow, and if indeed that's the case, then I'll add that to the bill as well. My day off tomorrow is certainly filling up smile.gif which is much appreciated!

post #97 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 AM

Liked: 10
Not able to open doc. Also were you able to get calibration in movie mode
post #98 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:

Here's the results! Cheers smile.gif

Samsung UN60ES7500 Edge OFFICIAL 2.doc 14k .doc file

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayy11284 View Post

Not able to open doc. Also were you able to get calibration in movie mode
post #99 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 02:11 AM

Thanks showroomcali!!

Can someone help me please?

the 20 point grayscale - which settings do you use or how does it work?

It goes from 10 to 100, not sure which settings to input?

Thanks for the calibration showroom cali, much appreciated!!!!!wink.gif
post #100 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 02:12 AM

Sorry forgot to mention it was for the 47la6200 calibration done earlier

Please help biggrin.gif
post #101 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muri View Post

Thanks showroomcali!!

Can someone help me please?

the 20 point grayscale - which settings do you use or how does it work?

It goes from 10 to 100, not sure which settings to input?

Thanks for the calibration showroom cali, much appreciated!!!!!wink.gif

What problems are you having? You should be able to choose a 'Method' and you'll choose 20 Point IRE rather than 2 Point (though IRE is inaccurate for digital displays biggrin.gif)

Choose 20 Point IRE and plug the settings in. I put in my settings for each interval of 5, so go to the given interval, and plug in the settings. Done and done.

post #102 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayy11284 View Post

Not sure why you weren't able to open the doc. Should've been fine. I can post the settings in a response if necessary. Let me know!

post #103 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:

What problems are you having? You should be able to choose a 'Method' and you'll choose 20 Point IRE rather than 2 Point (though IRE is inaccurate for digital displays biggrin.gif)

Choose 20 Point IRE and plug the settings in. I put in my settings for each interval of 5, so go to the given interval, and plug in the settings. Done and done.

Got it, wasnt sure if i was supposed to enter all the settings for each interval of 5 or just enter only one of the intervals with settings

thanks, will try this out and report back!!
post #104 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muri View Post

Got it, wasnt sure if i was supposed to enter all the settings for each interval of 5 or just enter only one of the intervals with settings

thanks, will try this out and report back!!

One more question biggrin.gif

Howcome the the 20 point grayscale starts at 10 and not 0?

Sorry if its a dumb question

Thanks
post #105 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

Here's the results. The LA6200 does lack a little in the black levels and contrast ratio departments, however color accuracy was spot on with this display. All primary and secondary colors measured under 1 dE. I don't have any screen shots from the calibration itself, but all the info should be in the word doc. Cheers! smile.gif

Thank you VERY much for these. I just dialed these in and, other than making some adjustments for a dark bedroom, the set looks great.

Two small corrections:

1: the 47LA6200 is direct lit, not edge lit.
2: you omitted 75 and its values for the 10/20 grayscale.

Also, what color temperature setting did you use? In most of the professional calibrations of LGs I've seen, Warm 2 was used, but I don't want to assume anything.

Would it be OK to include your settings in my review of this TV on Amazon?

Again, thank you very much for going to all of this trouble...it really is very nice (and helpful) of you.
Shunzzie likes this.
post #106 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:

Here's the results! Cheers smile.gif

Samsung UN60ES7500 Edge OFFICIAL 2.doc 14k .doc file
Thanks for this! I dialed these in quickly last night so didn't have much time to actually observe it. Immediately I noticed a heavy red push so I lowered the red gain which seemed to of helped. Will be able to really give it a look later tonight.

Do you think you got better results with the levels this time around then the last one you did?
post #107 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

All unnecessary extras were turned off. 'Black levels' was set to 'Low' and Real Cinema was left on because of the video playback handling on films. 'Color Gamut' on the LA6200 was set to 'BT709,' which is the set standard for all content today.

Will they work the with LM6200? Not necessarily, for best results I'd recommend other options, but try the settings. It certainly won't harm the display.
I tried them on the lm6200, looks ok except the backlight though.....
post #108 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:

What firmware is the latest so I can ensure that the Vizio I work on has that same software installed?

I believe a local store has the e701 on display, so I'll verify tomorrow, and if indeed that's the case, then I'll add that to the bill as well. My day off tomorrow is certainly filling up smile.gif which is much appreciated!

post #109 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

Thank you VERY much for these. I just dialed these in and, other than making some adjustments for a dark bedroom, the set looks great.

Two small corrections:

1: the 47LA6200 is direct lit, not edge lit.
2: you omitted 75 and its values for the 10/20 grayscale.

Also, what color temperature setting did you use? In most of the professional calibrations of LGs I've seen, Warm 2 was used, but I don't want to assume anything.

Would it be OK to include your settings in my review of this TV on Amazon?

Again, thank you very much for going to all of this trouble...it really is very nice (and helpful) of you.

The values for 75 are -26, -16, 10. I used 'Warm 2' for the color temperature setting. Feel free to share these settings on Amazon and any where else you would like. No problem at all, it's my pleasure smile.gif

post #110 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Thanks for this! I dialed these in quickly last night so didn't have much time to actually observe it. Immediately I noticed a heavy red push so I lowered the red gain which seemed to of helped. Will be able to really give it a look later tonight.

Do you think you got better results with the levels this time around then the last one you did?

I feel as though this time around the results were better, yes. As far as the red push, that's not something I experienced what so ever. There was actually quite the opposite effect, with a heavy blue push at the top of the grayscale, hence why the R and G Gain's are so high and the B Gain is so low. Overall though, I was impressed with the displays performance.
eric3316 likes this.

post #111 of 215 Old 07-10-2013, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

I tried them on the lm6200, looks ok except the backlight though.....

Depending on your viewing environment, you'll want to adjust the 'Backlight' up or down accordingly.

post #112 of 215 Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Results for the Vizio E701I-A3 should be posted later this evening, and the F7100 should be done tomorrow evening.

Cheers smile.gif

post #113 of 215 Old 07-11-2013, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the update on the F7100!
post #114 of 215 Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM

Cant wait!
post #115 of 215 Old 07-11-2013, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiantino View Post

Cant wait!

Here's the results. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the Vizio after the calibration. Colors were extremely accurate, blacks weren't inky, but still sufficed. Contrast gave the image a nice punch and the overall image was smooth and pleasant.

Vizio E701i Calibration Results.doc 14k .doc file

Cheers biggrin.gif
Attached Files
File Type: doc Vizio E701i Calibration Results.doc (14.0 KB, 311 views)

post #116 of 215 Old 07-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:

Here's the results. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the Vizio after the calibration. Colors were extremely accurate, blacks weren't inky, but still sufficed. Contrast gave the image a nice punch and the overall image was smooth and pleasant.

Vizio E701i Calibration Results.doc 14k .doc file

Cheers biggrin.gif

I like it. I had the same contrast, brightness, color, and tint, but much lower color values. Im liking it. I appreciate all your effort
post #117 of 215 Old 07-12-2013, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsvoc View Post

Eagerly awaiting the LA6200 calibrations. Thanks Showroomcali

When measured in CD/M or Nits, what is the minimum black level and maximum luminance level this TV can do? Right now, I am interested in a few Samsungs which can go from 0.07 to 350. Yet if the LA6200 can go above 350, then I'll set my heart on the LG because everyone who I watch movies with prefers to let in the glorious light a mild, sunny day provides.
post #118 of 215 Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

When measured in CD/M or Nits, what is the minimum black level and maximum luminance level this TV can do? Right now, I am interested in a few Samsungs which can go from 0.07 to 350. Yet if the LA6200 can go above 350, then I'll set my heart on the LG because everyone who I watch movies with prefers to let in the glorious light a mild, sunny day provides.

I can measure that this evening and let you know! Stay tuned!

post #119 of 215 Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

post #120 of 215 Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es7500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Lg 55la7400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Smarttv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page