The Official Bose VideoWave TV's Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The huge amount of indifference (at best), in the Bose VideoWave TV's should be corrected. I had thought the Bose TV was cancelled, but far from it. Bose now offers both the original 47 inch model at $5,000, and the 55 inch for $6,000. Delivery, setup, & installation costs another $250 for either size model.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/home_theater/hdtvs_with_built_in_home_theater/videowave_ii/index.jsp

While most people think Consumer Reports, CR, should stick to cars, they tested the original 47" and check rated it.

For those who are well heeled and want simplicity Bose is trying to to make things simple, especially is you cough up the other $250 for delivery, setup and installation.

I was disapointed that CR didn't find a very good sound system in the TV.

Since I don't have that kind of money, I won't be buying a Bose TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 285
No new news.
Anyone that pays $6000 for a "Bose" TV needs their head (wallet) examined. rolleyes.gif
post #3 of 12 Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have a box of emblems and a hot melt glue gun. I will customize any TV to be a Bose model for only $250.

underachiever extraordinaire
post #4 of 12 Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
People buy Mercedes every day. That crowd can afford Bose. Then there are the super-rich who can afford a $500,000 watch. If you made 17 million $ a year you might be very likely to stop in the Bose store at the airport and have one shipped.

In a study done before BOSE introduced its TVs, BOSE had an extremely high brand loyalty rating compared to a hand full of heavy hitters like APPLE.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It is an insult to Mercedes Benz to compare it to Bose. or Apple.

underachiever extraordinaire
post #6 of 12 Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 361
That may or may not be the case that's a subjective opinion nothing more , but they do share a lot of the same customers so they know their market.

Me , I wouldn't pay that for their TV either . For some it's simple plug and play w/set up and delivery . It's supposed to be a decent Samsung set .with 16 speakers in it .
Not that I'm a big fan of Samsung but some of their newer sets look pretty decent . I have owned some Bose speakers they are not altogether bad not the best or by far not the worst by any means .

A lotta folks on forums bash Bose and have never owned them or heard them outside of a Best Buy. Try some 901's and 301's together properly set up and fed well
with a lot of clean power (not with an AVR) you might be surprised at what they can do.

901's were used as disco speakers in the 70's and 80's a pair of those maybe 4 and a Phase linear 700b w/350wpc or two was the default nightclub set up then 901's can get stupid loud and stay clean .

Most Bose products at least beat the heck out of sound bars .
although some cost more than I think they should .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #7 of 12 Old 10-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't knock this product until you've sat through a demo. These negative comments were made without any actual experience with this product.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-07-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I haven't seen one. I'm Shure it's a decent with the best internal sound out there (I think it has 16 speakers and the set custom made made to Bose specifications ) in any event their support and warranty service is some of the best out there by far compared to the TV manufactures or almost any consumer product I've ever dealt with .
If you have the money and like the set fine with me you won't have to worry about any issues Bose will see to that .For some not technically inclined or some who otherwise just want white glove concierge service and support it's probably a good solution.
Unlike ford motor with the Lincolns Bose actually delivers good service they know their market and serve it well.
I wonder what equivalent Samsung TV part is in there?

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
post #9 of 12 Old 10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

weaselfest,

I hate break the news to you but Mercedes like any other automaker has made plenty of junk over the years and some good stuff as well .
Bose sound systems have been a premium option on Benz products for years . Also optional in Ferrari 612 Scarlatti and lots of other premium cars just saying .

post #10 of 12 Old 10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Tv's are about picture quality. Most videophiles and audiophiles would never buy something like this, specially when they are not even futureproof with 4K/HDMI v.2.0 specially at those ridiculous prices. It would take an uninformed rookie to spend money like that on a 1080p panel like that just because it says BOSE.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #11 of 12 Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

Tv's are about picture quality. Most videophiles and audiophiles would never buy something like this, specially when they are not even futureproof with 4K/HDMI v.2.0 specially at those ridiculous prices. It would take an uninformed rookie to spend money like that on a 1080p panel like that just because it says BOSE.

Again.....a comment made without actually viewing the TV and knowing absolutely nothing about it.
post #12 of 12 Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Don't need to know more about it or see it. The specs tell it all. Nothing special or worth $6000 in the panel. Don't mean to knock it , it's just outrageous the price they are asking. If it was around $1200 would make a better candidate.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page