Samsung 4K Anticipation Thread. UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Discusion - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 781 Old 10-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
vega509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Northeast
Posts: 794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfendya View Post

For those with Macs anyone having problems running Pavtube on Mavericks? I've tried a couple Macs and each one will kernel panic when attempting to edit the video.

Anyone find any other apps that will perform the convert outside MediaFlow and Pavtube? Would really like convert some 4k test video's smile.gif

Thanks all!

 

AVIDemux will work, you will have to do it in 4 steps, but it is fast. use the video /filters / crop

vega509 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 781 Old 10-28-2013, 03:39 AM
Member
 
GeorgeFromCrete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

I double-checked the file sizes and I have to correct me, the Samsung demos are 13gb of space. A lot to upload frown.gif

Emes

I will be glad to share with you, my DROPBOX left space (almost 19GB space), so others can get the official 4 UHD DEMO of SAMSUNG xxF9000.

Send me your e-mail to give you access to the shared folder and then make the files public for all.
GeorgeFromCrete is offline  
post #633 of 781 Old 10-28-2013, 04:34 AM
Member
 
Emes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You got an PM.
GeorgeFromCrete likes this.
Emes is offline  
post #634 of 781 Old 10-28-2013, 06:35 AM
Member
 
GeorgeFromCrete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

You got an PM.
OK read the instruction, and then i will put the files in the public folder for the others.
GeorgeFromCrete is offline  
post #635 of 781 Old 10-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Member
 
GeorgeFromCrete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
GeorgeFromCrete is offline  
post #636 of 781 Old 10-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Member
 
cfendya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looks like your account has been suspended due to excessive bandwidth use wink.gif Appreciate you trying to post them! We need a torrent or something
cfendya is offline  
post #637 of 781 Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
 
JSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Looks like Samsung did an Firmware update to 2001!! It reset all my settings. After putting the settings back, picture looks awesome! Now to find out what changed.
JSteel is offline  
post #638 of 781 Old 10-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
JSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I can't find anything on the new firmware. Hope it is posted on Samsung's site soon.
JSteel is offline  
post #639 of 781 Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
JSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Found that CNET did a review a few days ago and had posted some calibration settings. I just imputed them in and I am pretty impressed with the outcome. Now,I have noticed with the update to the firmware I had to increase sharpness from 2 to 20. Why it did This under movie mode Is beyond me,but at my regular 2 setting my picture seemed not in focus.
rlb likes this.
JSteel is offline  
post #640 of 781 Old 10-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
JSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Never mind on the sharpness setting. I put the WoW Blu-Ray in and verified that 0 is still the best but I pushed it to 5 to not put too much into the picture.
JSteel is offline  
post #641 of 781 Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Newbie
 
appios123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The LG is really thin and I am sure Samsung can do the same as LG.
Owning the Samsung 81F(09/2006) full array local dimming tv has made me think, how good will a 4K local dimming tv from Samsung be?
appios123 is offline  
post #642 of 781 Old 10-31-2013, 05:12 AM
Member
 
cfendya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

Found that CNET did a review a few days ago and had posted some calibration settings. I just imputed them in and I am pretty impressed with the outcome. Now,I have noticed with the update to the firmware I had to increase sharpness from 2 to 20. Why it did This under movie mode Is beyond me,but at my regular 2 setting my picture seemed not in focus.

Do you have a link for that article? I just picked up a 65F9000 and would like to calibrate it. I'm running in Movie mode now because watching sports in any other mode produces white outlines of the fans faces. Close ups of players look amazing but when they pan out, the picture goes to hell quickly due to the white outlines of all the faces.

Also has anyone seen any erratic behavior with the mic on the TV? I immediately updated to the new firmware when I first got my TV so can't comment on behavior before the update, but it seems as though the mic smart feature turns itself on for no reason. I'll be watching TV and the little smart icon comes on asking for input. I don't have the camera in the up position which I thought is what would disable or turn on off the mic feature.
cfendya is offline  
post #643 of 781 Old 10-31-2013, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 11,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #644 of 781 Old 10-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Member
 
starchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: laguna niguel, ca
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfendya View Post

Do you have a link for that article? I just picked up a 65F9000 and would like to calibrate it. I'm running in Movie mode now because watching sports in any other mode produces white outlines of the fans faces. Close ups of players look amazing but when they pan out, the picture goes to hell quickly due to the white outlines of all the faces.

Also has anyone seen any erratic behavior with the mic on the TV? I immediately updated to the new firmware when I first got my TV so can't comment on behavior before the update, but it seems as though the mic smart feature turns itself on for no reason. I'll be watching TV and the little smart icon comes on asking for input. I don't have the camera in the up position which I thought is what would disable or turn on off the mic feature.
I saw this same starry white outline on moving players watching a basketball game at frys on this set. I wondered if it was a settings issue or panel issue.
starchild is offline  
post #645 of 781 Old 10-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
papaduxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi i was planning on getting this set in the next couple days and was interested in your experiences with video game play. Does anyone here have any experience with video games and the F9000 TV?

is there considerable input lag on this set? is it noticeable? does it take away from game play? how about using game mode?

i appreciate any insight you can give me in this matter, i was going to go with the f8500 but i have read the input lag was terrible. i currently have the f8000 but want to exchange it for the f9000. Just a little nervous about the lag...my only other option if this doesn't work out is Sony, which doesnt have the evolution kit options. TV buying can get stressful with this stuff lol.




thank you in advance,

Tony

2 Definitive Technology ST-L Fronts, CS-8080HD center channel, Gem XL rears, SuperCube 8000 subwoofer, Marantz SR-7008 , and Sony KDL-55w900a
papaduxx is online now  
post #646 of 781 Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
tory40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I believe game mode didn't do all that much, but labeling the input "PC" did lower it quite a bit, in one review. I think....
tory40 is offline  
post #647 of 781 Old 10-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Senior Member
 
papaduxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm really not sure if i should just get the Sony w900, its got a better input lag and is actually rated as a good tv. i really wanted the Samsung f9000 to be the TV but with the lag issues and all of the problems people have been having I'm thinking it might be a safer bet.

Im hoping some people that own the f9000 can let me know if it performs better than the f8000 with lag. do you think Samsung will update the lag through firmware or is it a hardware issue?

2 Definitive Technology ST-L Fronts, CS-8080HD center channel, Gem XL rears, SuperCube 8000 subwoofer, Marantz SR-7008 , and Sony KDL-55w900a
papaduxx is online now  
post #648 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Member
 
starchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: laguna niguel, ca
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaduxx View Post

I'm really not sure if i should just get the Sony w900, its got a better input lag and is actually rated as a good tv. i really wanted the Samsung f9000 to be the TV but with the lag issues and all of the problems people have been having I'm thinking it might be a safer bet.

Im hoping some people that own the f9000 can let me know if it performs better than the f8000 with lag. do you think Samsung will update the lag through firmware or is it a hardware issue?
Are you having lag issues with the 8000?
starchild is offline  
post #649 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Member
 
cfendya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yeah if the TV is on any different picture setting than Movie, those white lines appear. In Movie it is perfect and from everything I've read the preferred setting anyways. Also, here is that calibration link that was discussed earlier.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-603993/samsung-un65f9000-picture-settings/

I have not yet gone through it and made any adjustments so I can't really comment how much difference they make. I can say though, in Movie mode pretty much all content looks amazing. I especially like blu-ray content and you know it's good when the wife notices and can't stop saying "Look at that!" smile.gif If anyone else has any configuration settings they found useful, would be great to know.

Now to figure out the 4k content since I have a Mac and Pavtube simply won't work frown.gif
cfendya is offline  
post #650 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
quovadis123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaduxx View Post

I'm really not sure if i should just get the Sony w900, its got a better input lag and is actually rated as a good tv. i really wanted the Samsung f9000 to be the TV but with the lag issues and all of the problems people have been having I'm thinking it might be a safer bet.

Im hoping some people that own the f9000 can let me know if it performs better than the f8000 with lag. do you think Samsung will update the lag through firmware or is it a hardware issue?

Here is your answer

 

For PQ and WOW factor get the Sony.

For gaming get the panasonic.

 

The tv with the most lag is the Samsung.

quovadis123 is offline  
post #651 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Newbie
 
samye83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaduxx View Post

Hi i was planning on getting this set in the next couple days and was interested in your experiences with video game play. Does anyone here have any experience with video games and the F9000 TV?

is there considerable input lag on this set? is it noticeable? does it take away from game play? how about using game mode?

i appreciate any insight you can give me in this matter, i was going to go with the f8500 but i have read the input lag was terrible. i currently have the f8000 but want to exchange it for the f9000. Just a little nervous about the lag...my only other option if this doesn't work out is Sony, which doesnt have the evolution kit options. TV buying can get stressful with this stuff lol.




thank you in advance,

Tony

I've played bf4 in 4k resolution yester day on my 55f9000, and it was major tearing and lag during gaming. The settings was set to high, tried ultra but my oc'ed 7970 didn't play along. The hdmi 1.4 30hz is just not fast enough. When I turned down to 1080p 60hz, the gaming experience was good with ultra settings. I havent tried the new firmware dated today yet, will test it when I get home from work.
samye83 is offline  
post #652 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by samye83 View Post

I've played bf4 in 4k resolution yester day on my 55f9000, and it was major tearing and lag during gaming. The settings was set to high, tried ultra but my oc'ed 7970 didn't play along. The hdmi 1.4 30hz is just not fast enough. When I turned down to 1080p 60hz, the gaming experience was good with ultra settings. I havent tried the new firmware dated today yet, will test it when I get home from work.

What kind of PC gaming rig do you have?
Gillietalls is offline  
post #653 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Newbie
 
samye83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post

What kind of PC gaming rig do you have?


i7 3970x @ 4.8ghz
32gb corsair platinum 2133mhz
asus rampage 4 extreme
hd 7970 @ 1200/1700

Everything watercooled except ram.

Edit: I updated the firmware, put the v-sync on and played with medium settings. The gameplay was very smooth in 4k, the tearing went away. I think my gpu is not powerful enough. Maybe a r9 290x will be better biggrin.gif
samye83 is offline  
post #654 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by samye83 View Post

i7 3970x @ 4.8ghz
32gb corsair platinum 2133mhz
asus rampage 4 extreme
hd 7970 @ 1200/1700

Everything watercooled except ram.

Edit: I updated the firmware, put the v-sync on and played with medium settings. The gameplay was very smooth in 4k, the tearing went away. I think my gpu is not powerful enough. Maybe a r9 290x will be better biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a hardcore gamer. Just pick it up from time to time to get a quick hour in or so. I'm hoping to get something good enough to get me at 4k. I lean on a game looking better than the actual gameplay...
Gillietalls is offline  
post #655 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
papaduxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post

Are you having lag issues with the 8000?

Yea I was having serious lag in game mode and even tried renaming the input to PC. That's why I was wondering if the F9000 was any better than the F8000 with lag.

2 Definitive Technology ST-L Fronts, CS-8080HD center channel, Gem XL rears, SuperCube 8000 subwoofer, Marantz SR-7008 , and Sony KDL-55w900a
papaduxx is online now  
post #656 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
papaduxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by samye83 View Post

I've played bf4 in 4k resolution yester day on my 55f9000, and it was major tearing and lag during gaming. The settings was set to high, tried ultra but my oc'ed 7970 didn't play along. The hdmi 1.4 30hz is just not fast enough. When I turned down to 1080p 60hz, the gaming experience was good with ultra settings. I havent tried the new firmware dated today yet, will test it when I get home from work.

Thank you for your reply

Any experiences with console gaming? Will the resolution difference from a 6 to 8 ft distance. I current have an xbox and ps3 and plan on getting the new systems on release. I'm not sure if the computer enables the 4k better than a console would you know. I am looking for the best overall tv for gaming, movies and 3d.

2 Definitive Technology ST-L Fronts, CS-8080HD center channel, Gem XL rears, SuperCube 8000 subwoofer, Marantz SR-7008 , and Sony KDL-55w900a
papaduxx is online now  
post #657 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
JSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by samye83 View Post

i7 3970x @ 4.8ghz
32gb corsair platinum 2133mhz
asus rampage 4 extreme
hd 7970 @ 1200/1700

Everything watercooled except ram.

Edit: I updated the firmware, put the v-sync on and played with medium settings. The gameplay was very smooth in 4k, the tearing went away. I think my gpu is not powerful enough. Maybe a r9 290x will be better biggrin.gif

Hey guys, remember in 4k, gaming is highly not recommended yet as HDMI 2.0 will give you the 60hz needed. Sorry for not being on the forums the last few days. Been busy with homework.
JSteel is offline  
post #658 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
JSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaduxx View Post

Thank you for your reply

Any experiences with console gaming? Will the resolution difference from a 6 to 8 ft distance. I current have an xbox and ps3 and plan on getting the new systems on release. I'm not sure if the computer enables the 4k better than a console would you know. I am looking for the best overall tv for gaming, movies and 3d.

Dude, I have the F9000, if you want the best bang for your buck for gaming, get the F8000 as the new firmware it got a few months ago made lag lower than the Sony w900. It is virtual right now the best TV all around!
JSteel is offline  
post #659 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaduxx View Post

Thank you for your reply

Any experiences with console gaming? Will the resolution difference from a 6 to 8 ft distance. I current have an xbox and ps3 and plan on getting the new systems on release. I'm not sure if the computer enables the 4k better than a console would you know. I am looking for the best overall tv for gaming, movies and 3d.

We'll the consoles are not going to game in 4k. You'll have to have a PC for that...
Gillietalls is offline  
post #660 of 781 Old 11-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Newbie
 
samye83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am aware of that hdmi 1.4 is not optimal for gaming. I do have a xbox 360 that I can play a little bit on. Just needs to hook the 360 to the tv. I got the old version, only with component output.
samye83 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off