Samsung 4K Anticipation Thread. UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Discusion - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 781 Old 08-16-2013, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Merkey99, I'm with you and you're doing the right thing, bringing the sets into your home to make a real world decision.
I've been following your posts here, for I've been down the road you're currently on. I own the un75F8000 and have had the Elite pro -70x5fd, Sony 65xbrhx929/950, and a sharp 70" tv in my house. My previous tv was a Pioneer Elite 50" plasma. Hard to better the pq a Pioneer elite plasma, and that was the standard by which I measure.

"my money is spent wiser on a larger screen that immerses me rather than a smaller 4k screen that leaves me saying I wish there was more."
Well said, for that's what I did. And as I've mentioned before, one does not see the difference with up-converted material on the 65"4k compared to the un75f800 1080p, when viewed from a distance of more than 10'. I spent a lot of time in Magolia doing just that.

Can you move your sitting position closer to the 65f9000. If you can do that, then it becomes more immersive. It's like going up a screen size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

That's not at all what I was trying to get at. He was clearly enamored with his Kuro, calling it "his precious". Claiming it was hard to find better PQ and was the standard by which he measured other TV's. I was just surprised he didn't try any other plasma's. He currently has a 65" in his house, and had tried the 65" Sony so I wouldn't say he was exclusively looking for larger than 65".

No need to be so sensitive. It's not like I'm trolling. I am clearly participating actively and constructively to this thread.

Speakerphile you so funny.
You're so confused.
The person you're refering to as "He" in your He was clearly...
He is me...lol, not merkey99
I had a Kuro. Was I enamored? Enamored, no. Where do you come up with this stuff.
Most of us know, that the Pioneer Elite Kuro seems to be the benchmark that we all talk about, even the 2013 Value Electronics shoot out brought Roberts Kuro into the mix.
Please point out to me and all the other readers here where in my post I called the Kuro my precious.., "his precious". (my post is attached above, so I'll make it easy for you)

You're getting what I had (bekindrewind) the 65XBR in my house confused with what (merkey99 ) has the F9000 in his house.
You're all kinds of confused. Me, him, what he has, what I have, enamored not emanored, "his precious" instead of "My previous tv was a"...
What will you reply with next? Your all kinds of confused.
I agree, you are...clearly participating actively and constructively to this thread, and... adding confusion with what people write.
David Scott likes this.

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 781 Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

Speakerphile you so funny.
You're so confused.
The person you're refering to as "He" in your He was clearly...
He is me...lol, not merkey99
I had a Kuro. Was I enamored? Enamored, no. Where do you come up with this stuff.
Most of us know, that the Pioneer Elite Kuro seems to be the benchmark that we all talk about, even the 2013 Value Electronics shoot out brought Roberts Kuro into the mix.
Please point out to me and all the other readers here where in my post I called the Kuro my precious.., "his precious". (my post is attached above, so I'll make it easy for you)

You're getting what I had (bekindrewind) the 65XBR in my house confused with what (merkey99 ) has the F9000 in his house.
You're all kinds of confused. Me, him, what he has, what I have, enamored not emanored, "his precious" instead of "My previous tv was a"...
What will you reply with next? Please chillax speakerphile.

Clearly, I have been reading too many posts tonight. Apologies for the confusion.

Regardless though, I was not trying to start a Plasma vs. LED debate.

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #183 of 781 Old 08-17-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
@BeKind, I'm certainly aware of the fact that beyond a certain distance vs screen size the human eye cannot perceive the difference in pixel density (detail). But I'm not even talking about that. I'm simply comparing 65" to 75". Above a certain threshold of picture quality, the overall experience and immersion will simply be better and more enjoyable with the larger screen, even if you sit proportionally closer to the 65" to even out the perceived screen size.

Why? Because our brains form a complete understanding of context based on far far more than just the distance between our eyes and the screen (size). We get cues from the environment, size of the stuff on the walls, doors, windows, furniture, light fixtures, the cup in our hands, etc. that our eyes always pick up on. Even in an otherwise "pitch black" room the screen itself throws off enough light that we pick up on these cues.

But of course between 2K and 4K within a certain distance you can perceive the difference. It's why I'm ultimately getting a 55" 4K for a different spot at which we sit much closer to the set. I'd go larger but it wouldn't physically fit.

As for the differences in picture quality between the various levels of Samsung sets, you're kidding about asking F8000 owners I assume. Talk about selection bias!

Regardless, note that I explicitly cited the *only* differences in picture quality between the levels, and that these differences can be seen. I know because I've seen them myself and when correctly set up are not particularly difficult to discern. That doesn't make the differences anything more than marginal however.

I also noted correctly that these features bring with them other performance issues of their own. Just ask 7100 and 8000 owners wink.gif The threads are littered with complaints about the dancing white boxes tied to the cinema black feature, which for most owners can only be used successfully at the low setting (ie its least effective - gee thanks Samsung) or the inconsistent picture dimming owed to the smart led setting in the 8000, which again is usually engaged in the low setting to minimize the issues it causes (again, thanks Samsung!) And if a user doesn't notice these problems - both easy to see - then I question how discerning they are as viewers, and therefore whether they ought to be spending way up the cost curve for marginal picture improvement, regardless of their particular socio economics.

Again, all are obviously completely entitled to spend their funds as they wish (duh) but history has shown us time and again where on the price/performance curve we're most likely to get hurt the most. Some choose to ignore this - great (and thanks for living on the bleeding edge and bringing costs down!) - but there is no harm in making absolutely sure people understand this.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #184 of 781 Old 08-17-2013, 09:22 AM

@moody, well said and thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts. You, me and most of us here are very aware of what 4k is all about and most likely have read a lot of the reviews which explain about viewing distance, how light in the room affects the picture etc. Plasmas strong point is being in a black room for example.

As far as the 7100 and 8000 having issues, of course. If you know of one set out right now that does not have issues, please share that with us.

However we should agree to disagree, again lol.

"Regardless, note that I explicitly cited the *only* differences in picture quality between the levels, and that these differences can be seen. I know because I've seen them myself and when correctly set up are not particularly difficult to discern. That doesn't make the differences anything more than marginal however." Marginal? I disagree.

"As for the differences in picture quality between the various levels of Samsung sets, you're kidding about asking F8000 owners I assume. Talk about selection bias!" Of course I'm serious, they've done their homework, just like merkey99 here on this tread has been doing. He had a 7100 at one time or tried it, yet he bought the F8000 is trying the F9000 and seems his decision is that he'll end up with the F8000.

What do you own, (F6400 right?) for you keep trying to sell...."That doesn't make the differences anything more than marginal however." Marginal, not even.

I just want to level the information being put out that yes, people are entitled to spend their funds as they wish. However I disagree with..."price/performance curve we're most likely to get hurt the most. Some choose to ignore this - great (and thanks for living on the bleeding edge and bringing costs down!) - but there is no harm in making absolutely sure people understand this."

The ones that are early adopters know what they're doing, they're not ignoring anything. I'd bet most of them are highly educated, research the field of comparable products and make an educated price per performance decision. Just as you choose what ever tv in the hierarchy line of the brand you bought. Some people want the very best that's currently available and sure it costs a premium. It's like the pyramid example. The closer you get to the top, the more it costs for that improvement vs how much of the improvement you get. Those people know that and as you say - but there is no harm in making absolutely sure people understand this. And most of the people who are on this tread do, for 4k is much more expensive than any 1080p.

Cheers,
bekindrewind

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
post #185 of 781 Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

I have tired the Panny zt and vt 65" and then tried the Sammy 75f7100 and then went to the 75f8000 and now am trying the 65f9000. To me the 65 sets just look too small, I sit 12'-15' away from the screen and if I moved the couches closer by 5 feet it would cut into my living room space. To each their own but to downgrade to the panny 65zt60 would be like watching the 65f9000. And I think that the f9000 has a better over all pic than the zt but once again that is just my opinion. I like brighter pics with vivid colors which the pannys just don't do for me. And I have always been a panny plasma owner... I started with the v10 then the v20 and a vt50 sits in my bedroom all 60- 65" screens. When I tried the 75" screen I actually had the WOW factor that I had when I got my first plasma many years ago. If I am going to spend my hard earned money, I want that WOW factor and as it sits the 75" screen gives that to me right now over a very slightly better pic.

I am sure once I get a 80"+ 4k TV I will once again be saying WOW!!!
If you had all these TV's,you will never be satisfied,unless you have big dag gone house,why not just buy both of them.
post #186 of 781 Old 08-17-2013, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post

If you had all these TV's,you will never be satisfied,unless you have big dag gone house,why not just buy both of them.

This is precisely what I will be doing...once the second gen 84" 4k sets come out I will be picking one up and moving the 75" to another room. smile.gif
post #187 of 781 Old 08-17-2013, 03:27 PM

One of my good friends a few houses down the street owns a 75"f8000 also soooo to further compare the f8000 to the f9000 I brought the f9000 down to his house and set up the 2 sets side by side.

Here is my opinion on the 2 seeing them side by side with the settings the same except for the cinema black that the 8000 has.

The extra 10" on the 75" looks big when directly next to the 65". We measured out 8' and 12' sitting distances and at the 8' mark The picture of the f9000 is a tad bit more sharp for a lack of a better word. But not on all programing. The 4k vids look just a bit crisper but my eyes always seem to gravitate to the size of the 75" and I really wanted the pic to pull me to the f9000 but that wasnt the case. Blurays looked almost identical with the colors a bit more vivid on the f9000, almost cartoonish. The upscaling of the f9000 was not as nice as I was hoping seeing the 2 sets side by side. (We were using 2 ps3's running the same movie at the same time, not the best bluray player but Iits what we had that were the same)

With the seats at 12' the sets really looked almost identical. I could only notice the colors on the f9000 being more vivid by a very small amount, other than that the 2 sets really looke the same. And at 12' the 75" was much nicer to watch in my opinion due to the size. And in my opinion the off veiwing angle of the 75" was greater than that of the 65" once again due to the size. The 4k content was pretty close as well and the only spot I notice a real difference was in the bright light shots, such as night shots with the buildings lights. Some of the vids contrast actually looked better on the f8000 which suprised me.

We did game alittle and trued The Last of Us and Metro. The lag is bad but I dont game online that much so its not a deal breaker for me. And during games we both agreed the larger set was much funner to play on.

So all in all I am really glad I have had this time to spend with both sets. To some perhaps 65" is large enough and the f9000 right now is the way to go. But for me the larger screen is where I beleive I will spend my money.
post #188 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Merkey, Thank you very much, this is very helpfull for me.

I want to kick out my 65 inch Plasma for an New LCD.

I was not sure to buy the New 65 inch 4k Sony or Samsung........or the 75 inch Samsung.

Now i think I should go with the 75 inch Samsung..........and wait 2 or 3 years for an 75 inch 4 k..............also 4k contents need time to be developed.
post #189 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

One of my good friends a few houses down the street owns a 75"f8000 also soooo to further compare the f8000 to the f9000 I brought the f9000 down to his house and set up the 2 sets side by side.

Here is my opinion on the 2 seeing them side by side with the settings the same except for the cinema black that the 8000 has.

The extra 10" on the 75" looks big when directly next to the 65". We measured out 8' and 12' sitting distances and at the 8' mark The picture of the f9000 is a tad bit more sharp for a lack of a better word. But not on all programing. The 4k vids look just a bit crisper but my eyes always seem to gravitate to the size of the 75" and I really wanted the pic to pull me to the f9000 but that wasnt the case. Blurays looked almost identical with the colors a bit more vivid on the f9000, almost cartoonish. The upscaling of the f9000 was not as nice as I was hoping seeing the 2 sets side by side. (We were using 2 ps3's running the same movie at the same time, not the best bluray player but Iits what we had that were the same)

With the seats at 12' the sets really looked almost identical. I could only notice the colors on the f9000 being more vivid by a very small amount, other than that the 2 sets really looke the same. And at 12' the 75" was much nicer to watch in my opinion due to the size. And in my opinion the off veiwing angle of the 75" was greater than that of the 65" once again due to the size. The 4k content was pretty close as well and the only spot I notice a real difference was in the bright light shots, such as night shots with the buildings lights. Some of the vids contrast actually looked better on the f8000 which suprised me.

We did game alittle and trued The Last of Us and Metro. The lag is bad but I dont game online that much so its not a deal breaker for me. And during games we both agreed the larger set was much funner to play on.

So all in all I am really glad I have had this time to spend with both sets. To some perhaps 65" is large enough and the f9000 right now is the way to go. But for me the larger screen is where I beleive I will spend my money.
I got a question for you those Plasma TV's you had,did you get any of them calibrated,I hate to see you spend so much money on TV's.
post #190 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda steffen View Post

Merkey, Thank you very mnuch, this is very helpfull for me.

I want to kick out my 65 inch Plasma for an New LCD.

I was not sure to buy the New 65 inch 4k Sony or Samsung........or the 75 inch Samsung.

Now i think I should go with the 75 inch Samsung..........and wait 2 or 3 years for an 75 inch 4 k..............also 4k contents need time to be developed.

I'm in the exact same quandary (and THANK YOU also, Merkey!). Except I have a 6-year old 60" Sony KDS-60A3000 SXRD TV, that, so far, has not developed the block problem these SXRD rear projection TV sets sometimes had (knock on wood--no kiss of death here, please tongue.gif ).

The Sony is been fed by a Lumagen Radiance XS video processor. The Sony SXRD still has a very, very nice picture with the Radiance.

But we now sit 12-14 feet away from the display and I want something more immersive and modern and flatter. (No interest in 3D.) And I want to replace the Sony before it does develop problems. I'd look at plasma but the wife seems sensitive to it. We like to watch a lot of old movies and TV shows so far only on DVD, cable TV, and Netflix. The rest is blu-ray.

Would prefer a new display in the 70-75" range. Not sure that going up to just 65" would be that immersive for our needs.

So the UN75F8000 with my Radiance feeding that is very appealing. Though, for that money, have to at least consider the 65" 4K sets. And what if I have any new set for 6 years again before replacing?

Might wait to see what the new announced Sony 65" 4K does (the just announced model without the elephant ear speakers with a list of $5499.99). As a longtime Sony fan, need to see if that new model will also be upgradeable to HDMI 2.0. If yes, that might be a good interim if I can get over it not being 70" or 75". But, I might be tempted to also update my Radiance to the 2042 that outputs 4K

And wasn't Panasonic supposed to announce their first 4K sets soon. Wonder when that might happen?

But, then, again the "immersive-ness" 75" of the UN75F8000 just keeps calling . . .
post #191 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 03:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

The 75" Samsungs just got a price drop at every level...

Double True!
post #192 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryWaz View Post

I'm in the exact same quandary (and THANK YOU also, Merkey!). Except I have a 6-year old 60" Sony KDS-60A3000 SXRD TV, that, so far, has not developed the block problem these SXRD rear projection TV sets sometimes had (knock on wood--no kiss of death here, please tongue.gif ).

The Sony is been fed by a Lumagen Radiance XS video processor. The Sony SXRD still has a very, very nice picture with the Radiance.

But we now sit 12-14 feet away from the display and I want something more immersive and modern and flatter. (No interest in 3D.) And I want to replace the Sony before it does develop problems. I'd look at plasma but the wife seems sensitive to it. We like to watch a lot of old movies and TV shows so far only on DVD, cable TV, and Netflix. The rest is blu-ray.

Would prefer a new display in the 70-75" range. Not sure that going up to just 65" would be that immersive for our needs.

So the UN75F8000 with my Radiance feeding that is very appealing. Though, for that money, have to at least consider the 65" 4K sets. And what if I have any new set for 6 years again before replacing?

Might wait to see what the new announced Sony 65" 4K does (the just announced model without the elephant ear speakers with a list of $5499.99). As a longtime Sony fan, need to see if that new model will also be upgradeable to HDMI 2.0. If yes, that might be a good interim if I can get over it not being 70" or 75". But, I might be tempted to also update my Radiance to the 2042 that outputs 4K

And wasn't Panasonic supposed to announce their first 4K sets soon. Wonder when that might happen?

But, then, again the "immersive-ness" 75" of the UN75F8000 just keeps calling . . .
Whatever you do stay away from the 4k,one of my friends went to BestBuy the sold rep said it broke down already.
post #193 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 PM

Liked: 12
Have you had a chance to sample any 3D content? I'd be interested to hear if there are any improvements on the 4K sets.
post #194 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post

Have you had a chance to sample any 3D content? I'd be interested to hear if there are any improvements on the 4K sets.
They need to get kinks out these sets,from experience don't buy the first year.
post #195 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 05:36 PM

Any one know What is the price drop on the f8000 is? Looks like im going to try to get some money back lol
post #196 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 PM

Infact just spoke to video only and ill be getting around 1300 back because of the drop!! A BIG THANK YOU. To anthonymoody!!! Now the set seems to be a even better choice for me hahah
post #197 of 781 Old 08-18-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryWaz View Post

Its nice we have a forum with helpful individuals to show us the way when we need a little help.

Which ever way you decide to go I am sure you will be happy. If you have not had a 75" and are thinking about the 4k then the size wont bother you as it did me. Going from a 60-65 is a notiable difference and just might be enough for you and the 4k set will work perfect for you and the immersion your looking for. The 4k set will also look miles better than your set you have now. If you do decide to get the 75 then you will run into the same problem I did after seeing the size difference, and going back down to 65 will be extremely noticable. Not to mention the f8000 is now 1500 less than the f9000.

As many have said the 4k sets are nice and I also think its a nice first step however there are some bugs that need to be worked out and for me the size won out over the new and limited tech.

Good luck and keep us posted!
post #198 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:

Thanks for your mini comparison. What native 4K material were you running? I mean the 65" Samsung's one big advantage is that it can display native 4K. It reminds me back in the olden days when I got to see what my TV was really capable of once I hooked up DirectTV.
post #199 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Infact just spoke to video only and ill be getting around 1300 back because of the drop!! A BIG THANK YOU. To anthonymoody!!! Now the set seems to be a even better choice for me hahah

You're welcome! Cant argue with that biggrin.gif

Double True!
post #200 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 11:02 AM

I was using short downloaded vids from the internet as well as some youtube stuff. There is a difference between UHD and 4k and this set is actually a UHD not 4k set but that is a whole different discussion. smile.gif
post #201 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They need to get kinks out these sets,from experience don't buy the first year.

What kinks?

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #202 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM

Liked: 45
So I finally had the opportunity to check out the 65" set in person.

First, if you're planning on playing any games on this set, STEER CLEAR. I tested out Halo 4 and it was unplayable by my standards. I have a pretty high threshold for this kind of thing (my VW1000ES is about 46ms), so for me to have such an instantaneous reaction to the lag says a lot. I couldn't perform any scientific tests because I don't have a lag tester, but it seemed higher than 66ms. I played around with the different modes and settings and couldn't seem to do anything to reduce the delay. Maybe it has something to do with the OneConnect box?

Otherwise, the picture was surprisingly good. The blacks were good, but only marginally better than the Sony-- not something that would cause me to choose one set over the other. The colors had more "pop," even in modes other than "vivid," which looked a little more unnatural to my eyes, but that's just personal preference. However, people were walking past the set saying, "wow!" so it seems to be doing its job attracting people. I was happy to see extremely good uniformity across the set-- no backlight bleeding or blotchiness. The design is also very attractive in person. While the Sony a full frontal assault, the Samsung is petite and would seamlessly blend in to almost any decor. It all comes down to taste, I suppose.

One thing I noticed, however, was five or six clusters of dead pixels. I thought it was dirt at first, but it wasn't. I don't know if that's indicative of the lot, but it'd be enough to cause hesitation if I were still considering the TV.

With the 65" Sony MSRP falling to $5,500 next Sunday, it's a no-brainer for me. I don't think you'd eek out the $2,000 price difference in picture quality between the Sammy and Sony.
post #203 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMundt View Post

With the 65" Sony MSRP falling to $5,500 next Sunday, it's a no-brainer for me. I don't think you'd eek out the $2,000 price difference in picture quality between the Sammy and Sony.

Keep in mind, Sony is releasing a version without the speakers shortly, if you're not a big fan of them. Will be slightly less expensive as well.

post #204 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Keep in mind, Sony is releasing a version without the speakers shortly, if you're not a big fan of them. Will be slightly less expensive as well.

Yeah, I think that's a good option. For me, this is a bedroom set, so the speakers are perfectly fine.
post #205 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMundt View Post

So I finally had the opportunity to check out the 65" set in person.

First, if you're planning on playing any games on this set, STEER CLEAR. I tested out Halo 4 and it was unplayable by my standards. I have a pretty high threshold for this kind of thing (my VW1000ES is about 46ms), so for me to have such an instantaneous reaction to the lag says a lot. I couldn't perform any scientific tests because I don't have a lag tester, but it seemed higher than 66ms. I played around with the different modes and settings and couldn't seem to do anything to reduce the delay. Maybe it has something to do with the OneConnect box?

Otherwise, the picture was surprisingly good. The blacks were good, but only marginally better than the Sony-- not something that would cause me to choose one set over the other. The colors had more "pop," even in modes other than "vivid," which looked a little more unnatural to my eyes, but that's just personal preference. However, people were walking past the set saying, "wow!" so it seems to be doing its job attracting people. I was happy to see extremely good uniformity across the set-- no backlight bleeding or blotchiness. The design is also very attractive in person. While the Sony a full frontal assault, the Samsung is petite and would seamlessly blend in to almost any decor. It all comes down to taste, I suppose.

One thing I noticed, however, was five or six clusters of dead pixels. I thought it was dirt at first, but it wasn't. I don't know if that's indicative of the lot, but it'd be enough to cause hesitation if I were still considering the TV.

I wanted to like this 4k set sooooo bad!!! But after having a week with it in my home and side bye side with a friends f8000 75" to me there was just not enough there to keep the f9000 so I returned it and got back the f8000. If you have never had a 75" screen then go for the 654k and it will look amazing! But in my honest opinion there is not a big enough difference at 10' to justify these small 4k sets over a larger 75" set. When I did my comparison I did notice colors a tad more vivid but other than that the picture looked the same resolution wise. And on top of that there is NO actual 4k content readily available at the moment. In a year or so the content will be more available and the price of these sets will drop drastically due to oled coming out. And I am sure in the next year the newer 4k sets will be full array backlit and not need a connect box to hook up to.

If its a bedroom tv you will be very happy with it as im sure you will be laying closer than 10' . However even at 8' I couldnt really see a difference in the upscaling compared to the f8000.

I Really wanted this set to be one and make me say WOW but at the end of the day it did not. And the 75" was just as nice and more immersive at the distance I watch tv. The 75" f8000 is at 5900 now and in my opinion as I said it immerses me with the larger picture and is more enjoyable to watch and play games on.

I will be getting a 4k or oled set but not until they are atleast 75" I see no resolution difference at my sitting distance in a 65" set.

Good luck with your decision amd what ever you decide enjoy your new tv!!
post #206 of 781 Old 08-19-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:

I wanted to like this 4k set sooooo bad!!! But after having a week with it in my home and side bye side with a friends f8000 75" to me there was just not enough there to keep the f9000 so I returned it and got back the f8000. If you have never had a 75" screen then go for the 654k and it will look amazing! But in my honest opinion there is not a big enough difference at 10' to justify these small 4k sets over a larger 75" set. When I did my comparison I did notice colors a tad more vivid but other than that the picture looked the same resolution wise. And on top of that there is NO actual 4k content readily available at the moment. In a year or so the content will be more available and the price of these sets will drop drastically due to oled coming out. And I am sure in the next year the newer 4k sets will be full array backlit and not need a connect box to hook up to.

If its a bedroom tv you will be very happy with it as im sure you will be laying closer than 10' . However even at 8' I couldnt really see a difference in the upscaling compared to the f8000.

I Really wanted this set to be one and make me say WOW but at the end of the day it did not. And the 75" was just as nice and more immersive at the distance I watch tv. The 75" f8000 is at 5900 now and in my opinion as I said it immerses me with the larger picture and is more enjoyable to watch and play games on.

I will be getting a 4k or oled set but not until they are atleast 75" I see no resolution difference at my sitting distance in a 65" set.

Good luck with your decision amd what ever you decide enjoy your new tv!!

+1
You've mirrored exactly what I've been posting here.
But in my honest opinion there is not a big enough difference at 10' to justify these small 4k sets over a larger 75" set.

post #207 of 781 Old 08-20-2013, 01:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What kinks?
I guess you don't read reviews on the media box from Sony and BestBuy webpage,plus the didplay model broke already at one of the stores,so Speakerphile I have my proof,plus I went sony style before sony 4k came to bestbuy and seen it on Directv the 1080p TV's look better,plus I tried it at work too,i don't con consumers at work period,so they need come with more better content.
post #208 of 781 Old 08-20-2013, 02:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

I guess you don't read reviews on the media box from Sony and BestBuy webpage,plus the didplay model broke already at one of the stores,so Speakerphile I have my proof,plus I went sony style before sony 4k came to bestbuy and seen it on Directv the 1080p TV's look better,plus I tried it at work too,i don't con consumers at work period,so they need come with more better content.

Do you seriously sell TVs to people?? Man...

ht Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT
lr Panasonic 50ST60, Sony BDP-S5100
post #209 of 781 Old 08-20-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

Do you seriously sell TVs to people?? Man...
I sell you whatever bank account can stand.
post #210 of 781 Old 08-20-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure why you like to go from thread to thread (he's in the Sony 4K TV thread, and probably others, acting the same way) and try to talk people out of 4K. You're obviously not a fan of the current 4K TVs-- whatever, that's fine. But why are you trying to hard to make people regret or rethink their purchases? I sense a little jealousy...

You're the kind of salesman that upsets me-- misinformation, sweeping generalizations, biased viewpoints. Frankly, based on what you've demonstrated on this thread, you're in the wrong profession.

And just because ONE 4K TV failed at ONE Best Buy (where they're subjected to serious abuse), doesn't mean they have "kinks" to work out.
KONICA TECH likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f9000 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65f9000 65 Inch 4k Ultra Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page