Is it my TV or my PS3 that isn't working right? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for some suggestions. I've been having some issues with my electronics after a storm.

Short version: I have two different PS3s that won't display on a certain TV, but will display fine on a different TV. The inputs on the TV are working fine with other devices; just not either of my PS3s.

Long version: I was playing my old fat PS3 on my 55" TV yesterday morning with no problems. I went to play in the afternoon and it wouldn't display anything on my TV via HDMI. Ok. I turn it off and hold the power button until the second beep to reset the A/V settings. No go. I tried multiple times, switched HDMI cables, HDMI inputs, still nothing. So I bring my PS3 Slim downstairs and that one is doing the same exact thing. They both work fine on my TV upstairs, but neither work on my TV downstairs. I ran my Blu-Ray player and cable box into the same HDMI inputs and they work fine, but neither of my PS3s will display on that particular TV anymore. I'm stumped.

Can you think of anything that would keep a PS3 from displaying via HDMI on a certain TV?

The TV is a Samsung UN55EH6030. I installed the latest firmware earlier this year. I was going to try to rollback the firmware, but I can only find the newest version available for download.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Try changing the startup order on the TV that you're having trouble with. You might be experiencing a "HDMI handshake" issue. I'd start with the TV and PS3 off...turn on the PS3, wait a few seconds for it to startup, then turn on the TV. If that doesn't work, reverse the startup sequence.

Vizio M801D-A3

JimK

post #3 of 4 Old 07-01-2013, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Ah, good idea, but it didn't work. I was thinking it could be a handshake issue, but I forgot the the order could make a difference. I'm at work, but I had my wife try that with no luck.

The screen will say "No Input", but the aftermarket HDMI switch lights up to indicate it is receiving a signal from the PS3 and Blu-Ray player. I did remove the switch from the equation, but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks for the suggestion.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2013, 06:58 AM

Liked: 19
I have not had this issue but did recently have trouble with my fat PS3. There was a software update available in the menu but it didn't automatically do it. I manually did the update and my issue resolved. My only idea is to try checking for an update on the PS3. Good luck.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page