Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdane View Post

Check the Samsung Bluray player settings to make sure it's set to 1080p. If it's set to Auto I've seen some players default to lower resolutions (480i or 480p).
Also just try bypassing the LG Receiver. Make sure it's not the receiver causing the problem. Sometimes HDMI has handshake issues when you add another device into the mix.

My friend had a similar problem with his Samsung Bluray & Sony Receiver. The bluray player wouldn't output 1080p as it didn't detect a HDCP compliant display when he it connected through the Sony receiver. He ended up having to sell the Sony Receiver and bought an Onkyo model.

That kinda stinks. It would, however, be a wonderful excuse (to the wife) to purchase a newer AVR (that's how I would look at it).biggrin.gif

Hopefully you get this all figured out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 PM

Liked: 13
Regarding cables, found some 99¢ hdmi cables on ebay. Supposedly 1.3 compliant. Bought several. No issues here. While they may not look pretty, or the connectors may fail if connected/disconnected often, for 99¢ shipped (from the US), I can't complain one bit (no pun intended). No drop outs, artifacts, or lost frames.
post #33 of 34 Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolo View Post

Regarding cables, found some 99¢ hdmi cables on ebay. Supposedly 1.3 compliant. Bought several. No issues here. While they may not look pretty, or the connectors may fail if connected/disconnected often, for 99¢ shipped (from the US), I can't complain one bit (no pun intended). No drop outs, artifacts, or lost frames.

That's cool if they do the job that's what is important .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #34 of 34 Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 AM

Liked: 37
What you want are HDMI 1.3 *Category 2* cables. (Not HDMI 1.3 Category 1.) Category 2 cables are marketed as "High Speed" cables.

Just go to Monoprice and get "High Speed" HDMI cables and be sure you're getting adequate cables. Besides which, their cables are good quality and as cheap as you'll find.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page