Official Vizio "M-Series" Razor Owners Survival Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 141 Old 01-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 55" coiming next week, I'm super excited to be finally going 3D. Out of the calibration settings on page 1 which is the best one? I've always been lucky using other people's settings. Thanks for this thread and for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 141 Old 01-30-2014, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Try Calibrated or Dark Calibrated Mode,,,turn down the sharpness to 0-15 range. Use the Normal Temperature setting. In Advanced Settings I have all set to off except Smart Dimming and Film Mode to Auto. Then play with the settings after you get use to it. Hope u enjoy it...the 3d is a lot of fun.

This is a good thread to check out also http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread
Urlacher5454 likes this.
post #123 of 141 Old 01-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniwolfe View Post

Try Calibrated or Dark Calibrated Mode,,,turn down the sharpness to 0-15 range. Use the Normal Temperature setting. In Advanced Settings I have all set to off except Smart Dimming and Film Mode to Auto. Then play with the settings after you get use to it. Hope u enjoy it...the 3d is a lot of fun.

This is a good thread to check out also http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452199/official-vizio-m-series-razor-mxx1i-thread

Thanks my man.
post #124 of 141 Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy owner of the Vizio M701d-A3. However, recently seen an issue with two of my Blu-rays, Avengers and Batman Begins (both are 2D versions). Some movies look pixelated and have somewhat of a Scanner Darkly effect, where you see several lines following the lines of edges, like the rings of a cut tree.

Like:

But with Batman, not Keanu.

Any idea what would cause this? It's not happening to all the 2D movies (The Dark Knight and Prometheus played fine), and so far none of the 3D movies have done this.
post #125 of 141 Old 02-22-2014, 04:49 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviascott View Post

How to setup ARC (Audio Return Channel) To get Surround Sound on Vizio Apps and Over the Air Antenna Channels

Originally Posted by speedrx View Post

I have everything going through my Marantz receiver (Comcast cable, Blu-Ray player, etc.) with the HDMI output to the TV via HDMI1. What is the best way to connect audio back to the Receiver to play Apps such as Netflix through the Receiver to get 5.1 instead us using TV speakers?

Your hardware setup sounds pretty identical to mine. We have different equipment and providers, but the setup is basically the same.

So, theoretically, all you have left to do to get 5.1 pass through in reverse (TV back to the receiver) is to do the following:

1) Enable HDMI control on your Audio receiver.

2) Enable CEC control on your Vizio TV.

Do #1 first, then move on to #2. If you've done #1 correctly, you will see your Audio receiver in the "Device Discovery" window that appears as part of the CEC setup on the Vizio.

On my Denon receiver, it was a one click setting "HDMI Control > ON/OFF". It was set to "Off" by default. Just had to set it to "On" and I could finally see my Denon receiver on the Vizio CEC setup screen. This is the key to making everything fall into place.

Here's a quick summary of the proper CEC setup on the Vizio to enable reverse audio from TV to AV receiver (this works with my Denon AVR-591)...

1. Vizio > Audio > TV Speakers: On/Off
  2. Vizio > Audio > Digital Audio Out: Bitstream/PCM
  3. Vizio > System > CEC > CEC Function > Enable/Disable
  4. Vizio > System > CEC > System Audio Control > On/Off
  5. Vizio > System > CEC > Device Discovery > Your AV Device (Surround Sound Audio Receiver) Must Appear Here or go back to Step #1 above

A few more tips:

• On my setup, I have to switch the Denon's output source to "TV" in order to get the audio pass through on my surrounds.

• I had to enable 5.1 audio output from my Amazon Instant streaming settings. The default audio output is "Stereo". You may have to do something similar for Netflix

Hope that helps!

Awesome!

This worked great on my setup! I also have to switch my Denon's output source to TV to get surround sound :-)

Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #126 of 141 Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 PM

Hey guys! I just bought a new 55". after initially setting it all up I was displeased to find the tv would not accept ANY IR signals. New batteries, using my Galaxy S4, nuthin... so after packing it back up (PITA) and driving back to costco, I traded it in for another one... Just to have it do THE SAME THING! So called Vizio, they have me take batteries out press every button twice put batteries in. remote lights up, but still no-go. they tell me use my own batteries. viola! it works... weird eh? the vizio batteries showed full charge on my multimeter... 

So, now that I have shared that story, I have another problem (besides the wifi-remote feature only working for 5 minutes) I cant get any of my devices to work with the remote (even with exact model numbers matching). and I cant seem to find a device list for this remote. I even tried my Yamaha receiver and I know almost ALL Yamaha receivers use the same codes for volume control. anybody else have this issue? really dont want to fork out $70 for a decent universal when my stylish vizio remote should have the capabilities.

post #127 of 141 Old 05-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Looking for calibration settings for my M701d.

A lot of the posted settings have offset and gain in the 500's or 150's. Mine only goes up to 100. Is it because I'm on an older firmware?

I have to go to advanced picture > color tuner. Then it pops up at the bottom and it looks like it's in an excel spreadsheet.
post #128 of 141 Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the same question about settings for my M801D-A3.
Maybe we might have the latest firmware update (1.25.24)?
I think most people have 1.08 or 1.09 but I'm not sure.
Like you, I see settings for above 100 & our color tuner menu only goes to 100.
post #129 of 141 Old 05-28-2014, 06:30 PM

I also need calibration settings for my M701D. I've tried all the different settings offered by posters throughout, but none of them seem to work for me. Something about the overall color seems a bit "off". Thanks in advance.

Mike
post #130 of 141 Old 05-29-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuss View Post

I have the same question about settings for my M801D-A3.
Maybe we might have the latest firmware update (1.25.24)?
I think most people have 1.08 or 1.09 but I'm not sure.
Like you, I see settings for above 100 & our color tuner menu only goes to 100.

It's because we are on the latest firmware. Until someone posts new calibrated settings, we need to wait.

I purchased and returned the WOW disc. Mine wasn't working properly.
post #131 of 141 Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinVegas View Post

I also need calibration settings for my M701D. I've tried all the different settings offered by posters throughout, but none of them seem to work for me. Something about the overall color seems a bit "off". Thanks in advance.

Mike

I've been using Mercury's settings and it's good for now until someone calibrates it professionally and shares.

Ok so these are the settings I'm working with. I keep tweaking it every now and then, but I kind of like these. Let me know what you guys think. Any feed back would be great, been working on this for a while and my eyes might not be seeing something you might.

This is for firmware vers. 1.25.24

Picture mode -Calibrated
Auto Brightness- Off
Backlight- 71
Brightness- 49
Contrast- 72
Color- 58
Tint- -1
Sharpness- 25

Advanced Picture
Color temp- Normal
Black detail- Off
Smart dimming- Off
Smooth ME- Low
Reduce Block Noise- Off

Color Tuner

Red Gain ( -4)
Green Gain 2
Blue Gain 5

Red Offset ( -2)
Green Offset 1
Blue Offset 0
Edited by mercury6966 - 5/22/14 at 10:24am
post #132 of 141 Old 06-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven451 View Post

Awesome!

This worked great on my setup! I also have to switch my Denon's output source to TV to get surround sound :-)

Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

used the help in here to get my audio back to work for apps (not that i use them)
but now it shows 2 volume bars, the normal one for my denon, then another one on top of it, different style and the value is different from the normal denon volume bar, what gives?

Hey, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class
Especially since I rule.
post #133 of 141 Old 06-04-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 146
The Vizio website lists Amazon Prime as one of the Apps then has an * with a note saying : "* The Amazon Instant Video application is currently unavailable on this device. Amazon Instant Video is working hard to bring you an improved app experience. The newly updated app will be coming soon."

Anyone know if this is up-to-date info? Does Amazon Prime not work on the Vizio M's? If so, how long has it been out and anyone know if they really expect it to work again?
post #134 of 141 Old 06-04-2014, 02:30 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post

The Vizio website lists Amazon Prime as one of the Apps then has an * with a note saying : "* The Amazon Instant Video application is currently unavailable on this device. Amazon Instant Video is working hard to bring you an improved app experience. The newly updated app will be coming soon."

Anyone know if this is up-to-date info? Does Amazon Prime not work on the Vizio M's? If so, how long has it been out and anyone know if they really expect it to work again?

It still works on my M701D (1.09 firmware). I have read several reports of it NOT working for other people though.

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.
post #135 of 141 Old 06-05-2014, 08:52 AM

When is spotify coming to the M series.. sheesh... I'm on 1.25 firmware M701d
post #136 of 141 Old 06-05-2014, 11:29 AM

i had to turn off the cec functions, it caused all manner of weirdness with my setup with my denon surround

plus, frankly, the apps are friggin horrible, they're slow, buggy as hell, and lock up constantly. mad.gif

my ps3 and roku do it all much better, the only benefit was the netflix app on the tv showed 3d material as a category

Especially since I rule.
post #137 of 141 Old 06-12-2014, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Moved to a different thread. Didn't want a double post.

Last edited by mikeltee; 06-13-2014 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Moved
post #138 of 141 Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by laanrobe View Post
How to reset the remote if it's not responding

Yesterday my TV did not respond to any command from the remote. After the usual checks (replaced batteries, confirmed with camera that the remote is sending IR signal) I called Vizio tech support. They led me through various steps, but what finally made my remote work again was a hard reset of the remote/IR receiver. This is done as follows:

1. Switch on TV (with panel power button)
2. Point remote at IR receiver of TV
3. Press both the Forward button (>>) and the Enter button (bottom left button of remote) simultaneously for 10-12 seconds until the remote back light switches off.

This solved the problem for me. Thought this might be useful for the survival thread
This has not worked for me. The remote is clearly using wi-fi not IR because it has to be pared and doesn't typically need line of site. But it keeps suddenly stop working. I've only had the TV up a few hours and I've had this happen several times, all at random while in the middle of use. The only thing that's reset it for me is pulling the batteries and putting them back in. Very frustrating.

My version is v1.25.24.0090. Is this typical? Is there a fix?
post #139 of 141 Old 06-28-2014, 07:17 AM

ok, so i received an update yesterday to the firmware on my m701d

now the info bar at top shows a triangle with a dot in the center in the place of the former wifi signal, if i go to the menu and select network, it spins for a long time then eventually shows the access points including mine, with a wifi indicator to the left of it, but the info bar still shows the triangle/dot

also, there are alot more picture adjustments now than before and my remote's wifi ability is now available.

it isn't a huge issue because i really don't use any of the apps, but if its not connecting properly i dont want to miss any other updates

Especially since I rule.
post #140 of 141 Old 07-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Unresponsive TV/remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post
This has not worked for me. The remote is clearly using wi-fi not IR because it has to be pared and doesn't typically need line of site. But it keeps suddenly stop working. I've only had the TV up a few hours and I've had this happen several times, all at random while in the middle of use. The only thing that's reset it for me is pulling the batteries and putting them back in. Very frustrating.

My version is v1.25.24.0090. Is this typical? Is there a fix?
I had the exact same problem with two different M4422I-B1 sets from Amazon. I would install the TV and walk through the set up procedure without any problems. I would then program my DirecTV remote with the appropriate code to get it to control the set volume/power/etc. Everything would work fine for about 3-5 minutes. But then the TV became unresponsive to both remotes (the DirecTV box would still change channels). I went through all the typical remote reset procedures but to no avail. The only thing that would bring the VIZIO remote back online was unplugging the TV itself. But that solution would only work temporarily.

I posted a review on the product on Amazon and one of the respondents suggested that it was a wifi network conflict issue, but didn't supply any details. Has anyone else had this issue or have any thoughts on how to solve the problem?
post #141 of 141 Old 07-21-2014, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
ok guys, need some help. I was on firmware 1.09, and I'm now on 1.34 27.90 on my 80" M801d

I'm using the tv speakers for audio and they aren't that bad. Others, please test this for me, and turn you tv speakers on.

In the menu for AUDIO. It won't let me change the frequencies in the EQ,. No matter was I select, flat, Dynamic, etc, when I try to adjust the individual bands on the EQ it only let me go up one increment. My sound is now muddy and not clear, since the settings won't let me adjust. Can you guys see if it's the same issue on your 1.34 firmware?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 50 Inch Ambient Light Sensor Smart Lcd Hdtv E502ar , Vizio 55 Inch Vf550m Full Hd Lcd Hdtv , Vizio 65 Inch Led 3d Hdtv M3d650sv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page